ps3.gif
Fear 2: Project Origin $19.99
pc.gif
Fear 2: Project Origin $19.99

via the CAG Price Tracker

[quote name='FernandoIchicabeza']Available used at GameFly:
$12.99 X360
$14.99 PS3[/QUOTE]
15 bucks for the game is not bad at all.

Wow, nice finds! I'd buy if I hadn't already gotten it in one of those B2G1 sales (and of course it's sitting on my shelf, with a pile of other games I'd love to get to as well :lol: )

The PC one has activation through Steam. That's why I bought a console one, but if you don't care about that the PC one would be better otherwise.

PC version is ALWAYS better....

I picked it up for 15, after 5 BR coupon and $20 Gamer Rewards Coupon when it was sitting at $40.

[quote name='xycury']PC version is ALWAYS better....

I picked it up for 15, after 5 BR coupon and $20 Gamer Rewards Coupon when it was sitting at $40.[/QUOTE]

Well not ALWAYS always :D I have run across some really terrible PC versions of stuff. (Ugh, Nightfire on PC was just atrocious, while the Gamecube version was pretty good.)

PC versions ftw. In the case of Bethesda games, there is a whole legion modders ready to get to work on any game they put out. Oblivion and Fallout, my my my, so many mods, so many enhancements.
smile

Yeah, good point about the mods. The PS3 actually has had some games that can use mods, as Sony's system is less locked down, but still it sounded like a pain, and obviously not as much stuff. Microsoft doesn't even let the DEVELOPER give away free stuff :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well not ALWAYS always :D I have run across some really terrible PC versions of stuff. (Ugh, Nightfire on PC was just atrocious, while the Gamecube version was pretty good.)[/QUOTE]

EA doesn't count... they make crap to begin with so they nullify any argument.

Still stands that the PC version is better.

I was going to mention Sim City 3000 in there too, except there was no console version :lol:

Ugh...EA pulled the patches for it by the time I played it, and entire layers of graphics were just missing. Totally unplayable.

But like Nightfire-it looked fantastic for the time, and was pretty cutting edge gameplay. Not sure if it would hold up now, but for 2002 it was kick ass. But the PC version, that should have been better, completely cut out the driving sections (which were actually cool), and managed to wreck the FPS sections too. Can't remember the details, but there was just some completely broken stuff, sections of the game not triggering, enemies not doing the right thing, etc. Just an unplayable disaster.

(Weird, I just looked and Gearbox ported the Eurocom original to PC...what the heck? I thought Gearbox was supposed to be decent!)

[quote name='xycury']PC version is ALWAYS better....[/QUOTE]

You should try the PC versions of Saint's Row 2 and Mercenaries 2 ;)

[quote name='Marker']You should try the PC versions of Saint's Row 2 and Mercenaries 2 ;)[/QUOTE]

Also try Spider-Man 2. I think that was it.

I never played the first fear, and I picked this up at Target on clearance. i tossed it in one night to give it a try and ended up playing through the entire campaign in a week. It's a great game. One of the best shooters I've played in a while. The weapons felt very powerful, which really made the game fun to play.

It was the rare game where I actually went back after beating it to try to get a few extra achievements.

One of these days I'll play the first one so I can understand the story a bit better.

Does this one manage to switch up the locales any better than the first? I think I've still had my fill of dimly lit office buildings from the first game.

[quote name='graf1k']Does this one manage to switch up the locales any better than the first? I think I've still had my fill of dimly lit office buildings from the first game.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget dark and creepy warehouses and run-down apartment buildings!

I'll pick this up eventually, but I might wait just a BIT longer for a $10-$15 price.

Yeah, I think this one is supposed to be a lot more varied. That was really my only complaint with the first one, but it was still a good game.

I finished up FEAR Files before playing FEAR 2 and I find it annoying that the controls are substantially different between FEAR / Extraction Point / Perseus Mandate and FEAR 2.

What did they change? I last played F.E.A.R....umm...maybe about a year ago so luckily I probably won't notice.

[quote name='Marker']You should try the PC versions of Saint's Row 2 and Mercenaries 2 ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Porksta']Also try Spider-Man 2. I think that was it.[/QUOTE]

2 or 3 games out of 1000 others don't really make it a case.

And they are by far console trash.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What did they change? I last played F.E.A.R....umm...maybe about a year ago so luckily I probably won't notice.[/QUOTE]
The most noticable to me is FEAR1 flashlight on/off is FEAR2's use medkit. Annoying. I think aim, crouch, slow-mo and throw grenade all got moved around too. If you haven't played in a while you likely won't notice or will like the new layout better.

But it would have been easy enough for them to provide a controller layout in FEAR2 consistent with FEAR1. And they didn't.

EDIT: I'm referring to the X360 version FYI

Oh no, I'd be using a mid kit constantly! I didn't even remember it HAD medkits. I hate Halo's "only hold two weapons" thing (part of the fun of a game or an FPS is getting to use tons of weapons, and it can add strategy!), but I love the "recharging health" since it means you don't have to hunt for health packs or worry too much, though FEAR worked fine for me.

But...health packs always need to be hard to accidentally trigger, for my sake :lol: Maybe stick them on the "back" button in the Xbox's case. (I played the Xbox version too, and bought the Xbox version of the sequel.)

Nice finds! Is that "FEAR Files" worth it if you liked the original? My understanding is it's non-cannon since they're not by the same developer, and not all that great, but if they're decent...

EDIT: I guess it's sold out? I'm not getting a add to cart button.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Nice finds! Is that "FEAR Files" worth it if you liked the original?.[/QUOTE]It's okay, not great. Essentially more of the same from FEAR 1. Worth $10 or so but not much more IMO.

bread's done
Back