How do I ship a playstation 3?

TheMaidenOfSorrow

CAGiversary!
Unfortunately, I have to part ways with my gunmetal gray ps3 because I really need the money. ;_; I've never shipped something so heavy and fragile(?) before. Do I just wrap it in lots on bubble wrap, stuff it in a box, and label it fragile? I'm shipping it via USPS priority mail. The last thing I want is to have this thing arrive all broken.

In a box.

But in all seriousness, a shit load of bubble wrap should suffice. Maybe they have special instructions for something so heavy? Consult your nearest post office.

I've heard many people actually refrain from writing 'Fragile' on the box. It's kind of like painting a big red bulls eye on the package. Anyways, I've shipped numerous PS2s in the past using just bubble wrap and scrunched up newspaper (i like to think of the newspaper as 'shock absorbers'). And as the previous post mentioned, seriously consider paying for insurance.

Writing "fragile" doesn't mean jack to the post office.

Also, ship it UPS - anything with that high of a value, you're going to want actual tracking. Postal insurance is a joke.

[quote name='JJSP']Writing "fragile" doesn't mean jack to the post office.

Also, ship it UPS - anything with that high of a value, you're going to want actual tracking. Postal insurance is a joke.[/QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly. I had the utmost faith in USPS until I sent a valuable item with delivery and signature confirmation and when it went awry I was told that only express packages have true tracking.

bread's done
Back