Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3) $45 AC at Amazon

I think the $5 promo code was just for pre-orders, so it won't work. Still, it's nice that Amazon is matching Gamestop's drop.

[quote name='dansoccerball']anyone think i will be able to get this cheaper than 40 bucks on black friday?[/QUOTE]

not going to get any cheaper than the $45 you can get it for now. It took years for ToD to reach below $40.

This game is easily worth $45...but then again my opinion is biased, I love R&C!

[quote name='mywhitenoise']not going to get any cheaper than the $45 you can get it for now. It took years for ToD to reach below $40.

This game is easily worth $45...but then again my opinion is biased, I love R&C![/QUOTE]

ya i love ratchet and clank too ah whatever im buying it gonna contact amazon about the ratchet5

[quote name='mywhitenoise']not going to get any cheaper than the $45 you can get it for now. It took years for ToD to reach below $40.

This game is easily worth $45...but then again my opinion is biased, I love R&C![/QUOTE]

ya i love ratchet and clank too ah whatever im buying it

Man I did, my wallet is so sore from the past few weeks, it's just been insane. Here's to hoping Amazon price matches Demon Souls and U2 - I ordered them a few days ago and I'd love to get a $20 credit.

$15.95 for me...$49.xx minus a mysterious $5 discount (im guessing an eca?), FSSS, the remaining $24-25 I had in trade in credit, minus $5 Ratchet 3...

Amazon kind of trapped me because I wasnt really going to buy it at first. Just wanted to mess around with discount and what not to see the price. I went to go apply the ratchet3 code and it placed my order. Saw that my total was $15.xx so I decided to keep it. Hopefully its as good as I have heard because I have not played a R&C before (loved Jak tho)

Definitely worth it at this price. I got it on release day from Amazon and have played through twice and just started a new playthrough on hard. The replayability is great and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

$15.95 for me...$49.xx minus a mysterious $5 discount (im guessing an eca?), FSSS, the remaining $24-25 I had in trade in credit, minus $5 Ratchet 3...

Amazon kind of trapped me because I wasnt really going to buy it at first. Just wanted to mess around with discount and what not to see the price. I went to go apply the ratchet3 code and it placed my order. Saw that my total was $15.xx so I decided to keep it. Hopefully its as good as I have heard because I have not played a R&C before (loved Jak tho)

um sorry for the repost..9 minutes after my original? idk how that happened. The internet is def fucking with me tonight

I liked Jak as well but....Ratchet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jak.

I'm probably going to place my order as soon as my $40 Amazon credit comes through.

Yeah if you like Jak, you'll love R&C. Go pick up the first one when you get the chance. Should be able to find a deal on it.

Much as I love Ratchet, this is the first awesome Amazon deal I've decided to pass up on. Still need to play my purchased copies of Brutal Legend, Beatles Rock Band, Murasuma (or whatever), Boy/Blob, and Ghostbusters. Just started Borderlands. Plus Dragon Age is on its way, followed closely by COD MW2.

I can wait to pick this up in March or something for $30.

[quote name='y2jasper']is it bad i'm tempted to buy this and i don't own a ps3 and don't plan to for another like 6 months?[/QUOTE]

It will probably a greatest hits title (ie, $30) next fall so you might as well just wait if you are not going to have a PS3 until May 2010. Overall, I thought Tools of Desruction was alot better and more fun....I'm about 80% through Crack in time and I'm pretty fed up with it...I found the story boring/not as funny, the game camera frequently unhelpful, and the weapons are pretty meh, and the targeting system seems to work only about 50% of the time. It is good game, but I don't think its a great game....and I thought it was telling that there was something like a 20MB patch I had to install 2 days after the game was released.

Thanks for the heads up. Contacted Amazon about a refund and I got $6.50 back. Initial price was $56.49, after triple eca, $5 off Ratchet coupon, and refund, total came to $28 :)

For some reason this is kind of tempting to me, but the demos for both Futures didn't do much for me. Just kind of "eh, it's an okay way to pass the time". Looks amazing though. (And geez, the demos for this one total almost 5GB! I'd say Insomniac and Naughty Dog really are using the storage space)

I had to bite on this one, was going to wait and pick this up used but with goldbox, $5 coupon and $10 game credit from Uncharted 2 it came to $32.49. Thanks.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Thanks for the heads up. Contacted Amazon about a refund and I got $6.50 back. Initial price was $56.49, after triple eca, $5 off Ratchet coupon, and refund, total came to $28 :)[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered this and was wondering if I could get them to price match. I've heard they will only do that if the price drops before your item actually ships. How did it work in your case? When did you originally order it?

I'm also curious because I ordered Borderlands and it should be shipping today, and that price dropped about two days ago also. I was going to wait to see what I got charged before I email them about that one.

[quote name='imacjenn']I pre-ordered this and was wondering if I could get them to price match. I've heard they will only do that if the price drops before your item actually ships. How did it work in your case? When did you originally order it?

I'm also curious because I ordered Borderlands and it should be shipping today, and that price dropped about two days ago also. I was going to wait to see what I got charged before I email them about that one.[/QUOTE]

Mine was preordered over a month ago. They gave me the discount as the price of the game dropped just after it had entered the shipping phase, though really it had shipped out last Tuesday. You might as well send them an email ASAP and try to get them to give you a refund. Here is the exact message they sent me.

"We issued this refund $6.50 because the price of video game "Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time" decreased just after your order entered the shipping process.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game sold by Amazon.com, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

However, if your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the lowest price between shipment and release date.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com."

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the info - I'll give it a shot. Even if they don't price match on R&C, it's really good to see what the exact policy is for the future.

For some reason the promo code RATCHET3 doesn't work for me.

I have $12 in credit and an ECA code in my account. Is it possible that it's conflicting with either my credit or ECA code?

Anyone here have credit in their account AND an ECA code that got RATCHET3 to work for another $5 off?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']For some reason the promo code RATCHET3 doesn't work for me.

I have $12 in credit and an ECA code in my account. Is it possible that it's conflicting with either my credit or ECA code?

Anyone here have credit in their account AND an ECA code that got RATCHET3 to work for another $5 off?[/QUOTE]

The reason it didn't work is because the code is actually: ratchet3 not RATCHET3. Try that, and it should deduct the $5 off.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']The reason it didn't work is because the code is actually: ratchet3 not RATCHET3. Try that, and it should deduct the $5 off.[/QUOTE]

No dice still. Whether it's upper or lower case, I get the same prompt:

There was a problem

* We're sorry, we weren't able to save your gift card or promotional code information. Please enter it again or try using another form of payment.
* A gift card or promotional code is required.
* The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

I'd really like to bite...but this coupon that doesn't work would push my order to only $27.99 instead of $32.99. I'm almost tempted to buy it and then email CS to see if they can apply the "ratchet3" $5 off code. But I've had a hell of a day today with emailing CS (as some know) and do not want to deal with them for a long time. ;)

Not to mention that if I risk it, Amazon may begin the shipping process before I even hear back from CS.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']No dice still. Whether it's upper or lower case, I get the same prompt:
[/QUOTE]

I just submitted my order earlier this morning. The promo code didn't work but it somehow automatically applied it. I tried again just now and didn't work and no automatic $5 off :(

I got the $5 off as well! I ordered a copy tonight because the price is too good to pass up. Now I have Dragon Age: Origins, Modern Warfare 2, and now Ratchet and Clank to play this month. Yikes!

No dice, they aren't going to credit me for the price change. Incidentally, if anyone returns anything that they used one of the $10 promo credits for, they will not put that credit back on your account either.

Now I'm gonna have to try and see if they will fix my Borderlands order because they shipped that today and charged me $53.99 when the price dropped to $49.99 several days ago. *sigh* It's not easy being a CAG

[quote name='kingjojo']where do i find the code and where do i enter it[/QUOTE]

During checkout...the screen right before the one where you hit the "Place Your Order" button.

Near the bottom there is a field to input promo and gift coupon codes.

Use the code: ratchet3

I tried using it earlier and again a few minutes ago...but it wouldn't apply. Don't know if it's no longer valid or if it is conflicting with my ECA discount or the $12 credit I have in my account. Oh well...I'm thinking of getting AC2 as I can get it for $33.39 total...and it comes with another $10 gift credit.

I can't help but wonder if there are better deals 'round the corner as we get closer to the holidays.

Man, I am tempted to get this. I did just buy ToD recently though and haven't played it yet. Actually, I've only played a friend's copy of R and C 1. I should wait to see if I actually like it. The Clank demo was cool.

bread's done
Back