Anyone know how to find a rare book?

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
Ok so yesterday when I went to drop my little brother off at my parents house my other little brothers girlfriend approached me about finding a book for her. She said she has checked Amazon and checked ebay but still couldnt find it. She also said her local library said the only way they knew to get a copy was to contact the author.

The book is part of the wonderland Murders/True Crime series, its called Four on the Floor and she said there should be two authors and she believes 1 is listed as Tom Souza or something like that. The only other fact she gave was that its easy to find a book called Four on the Floor that has a roller coaster on it but thats not the right book.

Does anyone have a clue how I can help her find this book?

[quote name='crunchb3rry']EBay or sites like AbesBooks.[/QUOTE]

Ill check abesbooks but she said she scrolled through over 10 pages on ebay several times without ever finding it. Amazon doesnt have it listed but the movie relating to it had a review where someone was complaining they couldnt find the book.

A fellow CAG with a problem that has a female involved with it would the reply "Stick it in her pooper" work here?

John Holmes stuck it in a lot of poopers. That's who the book is based on anyway. They did a movie about it with Val Kilmer.

Try your local library if they don’t have it there try an Inter-Library Loan. If you need an item which is not in stock at any of your librarys they may be able to obtain it for you through the regional and national inter-library loan network. It’s worth a shot at least I’ve gotten rare and out of print books this way.

alibris usually works very well. also check interlibary loan or your local used bookstore, most wil do book searches for you.

That eBay link is the wrong book. Fine and dandy to play the "just use Google" type of response, but it helps to know what you're searching for to begin with. That book seems to be fictional. The book in question is based on the real police case, and was co-written by the cop who worked the case.

I'm not familiar with the series, but have you try finding who the publisher of the series is?

Or, if it's a real case, then getting some basic info about it and Googling it may help as well.

What you need is a special staff with a magical lens on it. At precisely 3pm, hold up the staff and angle it so that the sun is focused through the lens to a point.

That is where you will find what you seek.

You're welcome.

See if you have any book dealers in your town that specialize in rare and out of print books. If they don't have it, they might be able to tell you about other rare book stores you could call and check. Hyde brothers here in Fort Wayne is a pretty nice place to check out. It's books from floor to ceiling, and the basement, where they have their fiction, is like a maze.

It's nice to be able to find stuff from the internet, but it can also be fun exploring some the small book shops in the area.

[quote name='erehwon']See if you have any book dealers in your town that specialize in rare and out of print books. If they don't have it, they might be able to tell you about other rare book stores you could call and check. Hyde brothers here in Fort Wayne is a pretty nice place to check out. It's books from floor to ceiling, and the basement, where they have their fiction, is like a maze.

It's nice to be able to find stuff from the internet, but it can also be fun exploring some the small book shops in the area.[/QUOTE]

I told her even though they said it was never printed that she should check with a local store called Dawn Treader. They deal in used books and carry books worth like $20,000 so if anyone can help her find a rare book id assume they could. If any of you are book lovers and in the ann arbor area I totally rec giving Dawn Treader a look up.

If the book exists, the authors were Robert Souza and Tom Lang(e?). But when this thread is one of the top searches and any other reference is "where can I find this book?", it doesn't sound like it was ever published. Not referenced on the Wikipedia page either, for what it's worth.

Oddly enough, I found a quote on IMDB (not associated with the Val Kilmer movie) regarding the book:

"Detective Tom Lange (of LAPD, retired) is the co-author of the as-yet-unpublished book "Four On The Floor", which chronicles the murders of the "Wonderland Gang" in LA's Laurel Canyon in 1981."

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Oddly enough, I found a quote on IMDB (not associated with the Val Kilmer movie) regarding the book:

"Detective Tom Lange (of LAPD, retired) is the co-author of the as-yet-unpublished book "Four On The Floor", which chronicles the murders of the "Wonderland Gang" in LA's Laurel Canyon in 1981."[/QUOTE]

Ya I have found a few more quotes like that since. Really seems this book was advertised but never saw the light of day.

bread's done
Back