The OTT is too busy playing COD, please leave a message for the IMC after the beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP - If there's not a cavity, there might be a hairline crack. Try Sensodyne toothpaste. Brush 3xday for 3 minutes for a week or two and stay away from anything really hot, really cold, really acidic (like soda) or really sweet for a couple days.

Jimbo, I don't know what you're talking about. As far as I know, everyone on these forums are fine, upstanding citizens who legally purchase all of their entertainment through legitimate means.

You're a health professional, xchikax. How much do you think it would cost to get two fillings done, ballpark? I remember when I was a kid they had to x-ray your mouth too, that must not be cheap either.

Thanks.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You're a health professional, xchikax. How much do you think it would cost to get two fillings done, ballpark? I remember when I was a kid they had to x-ray your mouth too, that must not be cheap either.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Things vary widely depending on the area of the country. They also vary widely on quality. A new patient exam at a better (not high end, but better than average) dentist in the NYC metro area will run $250-300. That includes full mouth x-rays, a panoramic x-ray, full exam, scaling and cleaning. Fillings vary widely depending on how large they are (how many surfaces of the tooth are affected), filling material (metal versus tooth-colored), which tooth has the cavity and how deep the cavity is. If the cavity is small enough that it doesn't break through the enamel they can sort of sand-blast the surface and put a type of sealant over it, and that's not expensive, maybe $125-150. Complex fillings can cost upwards of $300 each.

[quote name='Chika']DP - If there's not a cavity, there might be a hairline crack. Try Sensodyne toothpaste. Brush 3xday for 3 minutes for a week or two and stay away from anything really hot, really cold, really acidic (like soda) or really sweet for a couple days.[/QUOTE]

I'll pick up a tube after school tomorrow, thanks chika.

[quote name='Mojimbo']That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Any dental insurance? Mine run something like $50 per filling for the general amalgam stuff (which my teeth seem to like better anyway). The more expensive ones were like $80.

Finally not working on Forza, but now I'm on something worse. Oh well, I can't complain when they're gonna continue paying me until mid-December.

I was only able to get dental from my dad's insurance until I was 21, corrosivefrost. :[

---

Are you working on that avatar cart racer, SneakyPenguin? :]

500x_rewardz.jpg

For the next six months, the Rewards Squad will hook you up with Microsoft Points just for doing the stuff Xbox LIVE members do all the time. You'll score points not only for renewing your Gold subscriptions; you'll get a reward on what you spend on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The best part is, the more you spend, the more you get, and for each month you stay on Gold, the higher your monthly reward up to 5% of your Marketplace spend.

Not much of a reward, but it's something I guess.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I was only able to get dental from my dad's insurance until I was 21, corrosivefrost. :[

---

Are you working on that avatar cart racer, SneakyPenguin? :][/QUOTE]

Thankfully not. After playing a racing sim like Forza for the past three months at eight hours a day I don't think I could play something that cartoony.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']360 is working, now I need to play a game for a while and hope it doesn't crash.[/QUOTE]

Did you get e74, or RROD?

[quote name='munch']Did you get e74, or RROD?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, the e74 requires a new fan. Most people seem to have better luck than I did, but without some extra cooling, no matter how much I melted the board to reflow the solder, the thing would warp and create cold solder joints again.

My back won't stop hurting.

So I got accepted to the LIVE Rewards program. What I don't get is how do I claim the 100 points for my first LIVE purchase? I made my first LIVE purchase 2 years ago.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']From my experience, the e74 requires a new fan. Most people seem to have better luck than I did, but without some extra cooling, no matter how much I melted the board to reflow the solder, the thing would warp and create cold solder joints again.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if putting an aftermarket heatsink would work? I mean, you'd obviously not be able to use the xbox in its original case. But it would be cool to see.

Morning OTT. And frost came with my morning. Glad my gig is watching my 3 month old. Love layoffs and having unemployment. Just want recalled before unemployment dries up.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Morning OTT. And frost came with my morning. Glad my gig is watching my 3 month old. Love layoffs and having unemployment. Just want recalled before unemployment dries up.[/QUOTE]

I am bored crazy. Taking care of the pup has helped to keep me busy this week, but I need a schedule or I'm a mess.

[quote name='Chika']I am bored crazy. Taking care of the pup has helped to keep me busy this week, but I need a schedule or I'm a mess.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My son and daughter keep me busy, when he isn't at daycare. 2 year-olds are crazy and fun. 3 month olds need sleep, fed, and changed. She is currently sleeping on me.

I think it may be time to fire up the 360 and play Fallout 3 (really need to get GOTY version), Fable 2, or Batman. Or just veg out and watch a little more tv.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Same here. My son and daughter keep me busy, when he isn't at daycare. 2 year-olds are crazy and fun. 3 month olds need sleep, fed, and changed. She is currently sleeping on me.

I think it may be time to fire up the 360 and play Fallout 3 (really need to get GOTY version), Fable 2, or Batman. Or just veg out and watch a little more tv.[/QUOTE]

I'm watching Colbert Report. Just finished Daily Show. I figure I should watch the decent TV before the crap like "A Baby Story" and all the soaps come on. That's when I fire up the xblox.

[quote name='lordwow']I almost feel bad about knocking Frosty out of first in the OTT FF league.[/QUOTE]

I'm not complaining :lol:

I need more coffee. Guess I should start another pot.

I think that's going to be my new diet plan. No food, just coffee.

[quote name='Chika']I'm watching Colbert Report. Just finished Daily Show. I figure I should watch the decent TV before the crap like "A Baby Story" and all the soaps come on. That's when I fire up the xblox.[/QUOTE]

That's why I love my dvr and Net Flix on 360. Though I may fire it up and play an older Live game.

[quote name='Chika']I need more coffee. Guess I should start another pot.

I think that's going to be my new diet plan. No food, just coffee.[/QUOTE]

Then you can empty your insides out completely.

[quote name='craven_fiend']That's why I love my dvr and Net Flix on 360. Though I may fire it up and play an older Live game.

Then you can empty your insides out completely.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday there was a No Reservations and Bizarre Foods marathon on Travel Channel

[quote name='lordwow']My 10 month old figured out that pressing the power button on the 360 makes the light turn on and off... not good.[/QUOTE]

Gotta put that shit on a higher shelf or behind doors! Now that you have a toddler, you need to baby-proof! My earliest memory is from when I was 14 months old. I was at my great grandparents' house and they didn't speak English and were straight off the boat from Czechoslovakia. Not to mention they hadn't had a baby in the house since my grandparents were little, 50 years earlier. I managed to pull myself up using the storage drawer under the oven. I then reached up and grabbed the door to the oven. From there, I saw a handle near the edge of the stove and tried to grab it to climb up. I ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns from Turkish Coffee which was cooking in that pot. I still have the scars on my left arm. They go from my wrist to my neck.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Do they know about the controller lighting up yet? My son loves the 360 controller and will only take one with batteries, since it lights up. Stupid move on my part. He also loves to turn it on at the source.[/QUOTE]

I've still been able to trick him with a batteryless one while we sit there and "play a game," but he definitely knows how to turn it on by pressing the power button on the controller and the 360 itself.

He's also somehow figured out which of the TV remotes are real and which don't work, he gets upset if I try to give him one that doesn't work :lol:

[quote name='Chika']Gotta put that shit on a higher shelf or behind doors! Now that you have a toddler, you need to baby-proof! My earliest memory is from when I was 14 months old. I was at my great grandparents' house and they didn't speak English and were straight off the boat from Czechoslovakia. Not to mention they hadn't had a baby in the house since my grandparents were little, 50 years earlier. I managed to pull myself up using the storage drawer under the oven. I then reached up and grabbed the door to the oven. From there, I saw a handle near the edge of the stove and tried to grab it to climb up. I ended up with 2nd and 3rd degree burns from Turkish Coffee which was cooking in that pot. I still have the scars on my left arm. They go from my wrist to my neck.[/QUOTE]

Damn!

Well, my 360 I have about 4 feet up in my entertainment center, but at my parents house (where he spends most of the week) my brother has his 360 on the floor in the living room, which in general is a terrible idea.

[quote name='lordwow']I've still been able to trick him with a batteryless one while we sit there and "play a game," but he definitely knows how to turn it on by pressing the power button on the controller and the 360 itself.

He's also somehow figured out which of the TV remotes are real and which don't work, he gets upset if I try to give him one that doesn't work :lol:

Damn!

Well, my 360 I have about 4 feet up in my entertainment center, but at my parents house (where he spends most of the week) my brother has his 360 on the floor in the living room, which in general is a terrible idea.[/QUOTE]

My cousin was about 10 months old when he figured out how to set the TiVo for his cartoons and pop a video into the VCR. My grandmother used to babysit him and he'd show her how to do it :rofl:

D'OH! #-o He deserves his E74 then...

I have two scars on my body that I have to ask my parents about sometime. I don't know how I got them. The one is on my wrist. It's 4 vertical dots with a vertical tilde to the right of them. And then I have a vertical line on my forehead above my left eye.

And what's worse is he has the 360 right on the floor in front of the TV, so the little guy often likes to step up onto it in order to touch the TV/press the TV buttons... whoops.

[quote name='Maklershed']I have two scars on my body that I have to ask my parents about sometime. I don't know how I got them. The one is on my wrist. It's 4 vertical dots with a vertical tilde to the right of them. And then I have a vertical line on my forehead above my left eye.[/QUOTE]

Are your parents from Argentina?

harry18scar3.jpg
[quote name='Maklershed']I have two scars on my body that I have to ask my parents about sometime. I don't know how I got them. The one is on my wrist. It's 4 vertical dots with a vertical tilde to the right of them. And then I have a vertical line on my forehead above my left eye.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back