Amazon DotD - Golden Axe: Beast Rider (360) - $12.98

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wasn't this on sale last holiday for ~$10?
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yea I remember seeing for less than 10 bucks at one point, Not interested in this deal anyways.

this game sucks balls man, i played like two hours and no freaking achievements what so ever! No naked chicks, horrible control, skip it... But yeah, thanks OP for the deal. Buy it only to trade-in or something like that.

The only plus side of the game is that i got it for $10 and traded to GS for $28 :)

Sega dropped the ball with this game. Too bad because I really liked Golden Axe back in the day. I'm gonna have to pass on this one.

Bought it for $3.99 at BestBuy, I'm a fan of the classic arcade game, this thing not even worth a $1.00

Thanks for the opinions. I think it should be mandatory that if your game sucks you at least should have easy achievements. Doesn't sound like there's any reason to pick this POS up.

[quote name='LeRoy']Sega dropped the ball with this game. Too bad because I really liked Golden Axe back in the day. I'm gonna have to pass on this one.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I rented it with Gamefly last year and hated playing it. I love the original game and this is nothing like it.

I really, REALLY wanted to like this game. The art style was really cool (Loved Tyris's design and the environments.). The combat tried to be a skilled, dodging/parrying endeavor.

But nothing gelled. The combat just wasn't solid enough to be DMC/NG quality and too many elements needed hammering back into shape.

I beat it twice before realizing that this just never was going to get good, no matter how much I tried to force it. Which is sad, because it had quite a few nice ideas.

Well i must say i may be the only person who thouhgt the game was "OK" nothing to write home about. I got it for $9.99 on ebay about a month after it was released (listed in wrong spot). I didnt mind the game, was pretty much like all that style of game. Graphics where a bit cruder then most current gen titles, but I actually think they where going for a "look" so that is the way they i believe they intended it to look, good or bad, no idea. My biggest complaint is the diffuculity curve. I mowed throuhg about 2-3 hours of it and then all the sudden I couldnt kill one guy. I'm not sure if i just suck (demons Souls is easy to me, so take that for waht you will) but once it got to be restart, restart, restart becuase "normal" enemies where spanking me hard i lost interest.

Figured I would post one SO-SO evaluation of the game. Achievments, meh, I dont need anybody to know my e-penis size... But i do see how those really impresse the girls!!!! Cant count how many times I'm asked that at a bar, whats my gamer score, its replaced the normal chit chat.

bread's done
Back