- - - - -

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Discussion

#61 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

FYI, Amazon is sending out codes now for pre-orders. Why the hell didn't they alert people that they would be getting beta codes? Could've saved people a lot of hassle I'd imagine. . .

#62 freddy_   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:41 AM

It's hard to be a sniper with the damn killcam!

The greatest thing about the first battlefield (1942) is that you can be a sniper and sneak behind the lines. You can prone 600 yards from their airfield and start taking heads off. With no killcam, they had no chance of telling where you were. So all they could do was jump around and strafe while waiting for a plane to spawn. The sight of 5 guys jumping around the airfield randomly because of my sniping is one best gaming moments ever. Of course even with all those jumping I could still get some of them.

Then there were times in a map where a really good sniper could lock down a bridge on one part of the map for the whole match because he kept killing everybody that crossed. With no killcam we couldn't figure out where the hell he was. Annoying? Yes. Realistic? Yes. More fun? Definitely.

This is how it has been since the first BF. Of course then we had planes to blow those tanks to pieces from the sky.

If you think about it, in real life a tank commander won't go rushing into a city infested with guys with bazookas.

Kill cams are a bit annoying yeah but they are still better then in cod, at least they dont reveal as much, but I guess we have to deal with the cams during the beta until retail is out and ppl got servers without killcams.

No ofc tanks would do that in real life but its not really fun to defend something when they are just on the hill bombing :P
then again i can just send some mortar on him.

still I enjoy the game specially when there is somewhat even teams so there is some fighting over the bombsites.

#63 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:20 AM

Finally got around to checking this out tonight and played for an hour as recon. I must've missed all the bad servers/lag because I didn't experience any issues like people were talking about. Gun damage seems fine, too. I love that sniper rifles have bullet flight and you actually have to lead targets plus plan trajectory. Pulled off a few moving target headshots and was in heaven. Only problem now is finding time to play between the clusterfuck of releases this spring.

#64 maingon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Is there any way to get a Beta Key for the PC yet without preordering?

I want to play the PC version, I want to see what Version feels better playing but dont want to order the pc version without playing the demo first. I am thinking of 360 version or the PC

#65 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

There were a few giveaways when the beta launched, but it's less than two weeks from ending so pre-ordering is your last chance really. Just get one from Amazon since they aren't being dicks about canceling like GameShit.

#66 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

I want to play the PC version, I want to see what Version feels better playing but dont want to order the pc version without playing the demo first. I am thinking of 360 version or the PC

Most of the LAN store in NYC have it installed. Perhaps, some in your area may have it so you can check it out.

#67 Hydro2Oxide   Shazbot! CAGiversary!   4773 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

New update today.

http://forums.electr...-changelog.html

Steam clients won't be updated 'till Valve gets around to it.

#68 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2182 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Sounds like a pretty good update. I was really into this for the first few days then I got distracted by Stalker and Oblivion modding. I'll have to jump in for a little bit more before the beta's over.

#69 metaly   In the world, only this island is. CAGiversary!   4677 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:26 AM

Anyone want to start a 2142 squad/team/league/whatever-we-can-get instead of playing Bad Company 2? 8-)

I've been trying to get people back into it for months but I've been re-inspired by this video:

I could listen to people yelling at others to spot enemies for hours. :drool:

And no snipers allowed.

#70 Mike UFC   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Is this a relatively noob friendly game? I've never played any of the previous Battlefield games. I've got a 25% coupon (birthday) with the EA store which I can use for the pre-order special. Getting Battlefield BC 2 and Battlefield 2142 for about $40 is pretty tempting.

#71 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

God Bless Devs Who Understand PC Gamers

That sniper shot at the end where he kills the Blackhawk gunner is pure win. This game will be epic!

#72 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

Why does the date in the thread title say the 9th? I've checked all over and every place still says the 2nd. Did this get pushed back and people have yet to be informed?

#73 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

I may have to drop my :360: preorder if they fixed lag on the :pc:...

#74 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

I may have to drop my :360: preorder if they fixed lag on the :pc:...

The lag has been fixed for the most part. It was only really apparent when the beta first went live. There is still some, but it's nowhere near as bad/rampant.

#75 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:31 AM

I hated BF2, but I love BC2. The beta originally was pretty bad/mediocre, but they've gotten it to a point where its pretty damn fun. Only complaint is its one map, so it gets a little stale, however that's not really a slight on the game itself.

#76 DrFoo   I think I can beat you. CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm leaning towards getting it on steam... although maybe I'll just see where I end up in line on Goozex first. I hate not getting in on multiplayer games early.

I also like that there aren't jets in the game (at least that's what I have heard). Jets in BF2 were annoying. Their only counter was other jets and if the other team had a couple of aces you had to get ready to be bombed mercilessly.

#77 Hydro2Oxide   Shazbot! CAGiversary!   4773 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

The game is $42 on GamersGate right now, if Steam matches I'm canceling my hard copy preorder and grabbing it there.

Edited by Hydro2Oxide, 25 February 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#78 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

The game is $42 on GamersGate right now, if Steam matches I'm canceling my hard copy preorder and grabbing it there.

Hoping Amazon drops it to $40 to match their $20 bonus for consoles since it's $45 right now. BTW, double-check your Amazon order if you're getting it for PC. Mine didn't update in price after a solid week, so I finally had to email them to get it changed. They're really getting sloppy about pre-order price guarantees.

#79 iKilledChewbacca   Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade! Trading Timeout - Under Review   3946 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

iKilledChewbacca

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

DAY ONE DLC :D ( I believe it is FREE as long as you buy the game new , just like the ME2 bonus of buying it new )

#80 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2182 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

Damn those maps look pretty sweet. I like the night & autumn theme. Shit this sucks. I've got NO money to spend on games and there are way too many good ones coming out.

#81 Commander0Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Commander0Zero

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

Those maps look awesome!

#82 AceFan84   KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!! CAGiversary!   1794 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

I'm just glad I was able to get the beta running smoothly for myself, I was on 5 month old beta GPU drivers (nvidia) and they must have sucked balls. Until I updated them to the newest beta drivers I couldn't play this or Bioshock 2. But now both games run great for me.

#83 Ecofreak   That's Ah Bingo!!! CAGiversary!   4109 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

I'll be interested in joining, casually.

#84 SEH   Paul's sister is an alien CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

I'm currently playing through the single player and am having a blast. I cant wait for Tuesday though to be able to play multiplayer. Some of these maps are going to be insane.

I will also say that the game seems better optimized. I could run the game with settings on high in the beta, but AA and AF had to be set to 1x. I can now turn them to 4x and 8x respectively and it plays great. They also appear to have turned down the insane amount of bloom seen in the beta.

#85 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Dropped my :360: order-- now, should I go retail or Steam?

#86 humidore   Pasha CAGiversary!   1880 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

Dropped my :360: order-- now, should I go retail or Steam?

I wish it were confirmed already whether retail could be activated on Steam...

#87 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

I wish it were confirmed already whether retail could be activated on Steam...

Retail codes wont work on Steam. BFBC2 is not a Steamworks title.

#88 csalzman   Slacker CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

csalzman

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

This is going to be a day one purchase (PC) for me now, after reading all the good stuff about this and watching some videos. Shame I missed out on the beta, but I had no idea this game was looking this good since BF:BC1 was a turd.

#89 freddy_   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

http://twitter.com/L...atus/9781428063
"@BSanbizzle 4 pack will happen but a couple of weeks after launch as it looks now."

kinda sucks since i wont be able to wait a couple of weeks...

#90 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:16 PM

Cool, was hoping to hear about a 4pack before it came out. I can wait a few weeks since I have such a huge backlog I am working on.