Every Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Deal!

falcondealz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Seeing how Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (releases 11/10/09) seems to be the most hyped game of the year, if not the decade, I decide to throw all the deals for it together in one big thread. I included all the major retailers and websites, along with a few oddball sites that had some pretty good prices. Good luck getting this game cheaper than this, CAGs!

NOTES:

1. Prices DO NOT include shipping costs unless otherwise noted.

2. These are the prices for only the Xbox 360 version of the game. However, I would certainly assume that the PS3 version has the same prices. The PC version may be different, however, since the PC versions usually contrast from the console prices.

3. These are the prices for only the original version of the game (not the Hardened or Prestige editions). Kinda obvious, but just wanna put that out there for all you knuckleheads.

WALMART

walmart.com: $59.82

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
, get a free $20 eGift* Card!
(*Note: This card may only be used for walmart.com purchases.)

GAMESTOP

$59.99

If you pre-order the game, you gain exclusive access to the Surprize Attack Sweepstakes.

Coupon Deal: Get 20% off an pre-owned game with the purchase of COD:MW2.
(Thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241920)

BEST BUY

$59.99

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $10 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards Zone Club members ONLY)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any of the following games:
Call of Duty : World at War, Halo 3: ODST, Forza 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Brutal Legend, Fifa Soccer 10, UFC Undisputed, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty 4: GOTY Edition, Prototype, Bakugan Battle Brawlers thing (IDK), Star Wars:The Clone Wars, Street Fighter IV, Grand Theft Auto IV, Left 4 Dead: GOTY Edition, Fable 2...(Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241459)

Get 15% off the Modern Warfare 2 Game Guide with the purchase of the game.

TOYS 'R US

$59.99 (free shipping)

Buy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a free $20 Gift Card*!
(*Note: Rewards 'R Us members ONLY)

In-Store ONLY from 10AM to 2PM ONLY on November 10th ONLY!

There is a bunch of COD:MW2 deals at Toys 'R Us that are quite complicated, so here's a link to the thread with the rest of them: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241818

Free Shipping with purchase of the game (AKA any order over $49).

TARGET

$59.99

There is a coupon where you can buy any two 360, PS3, PSP, Wii, or DS games for $10 off. The thread and coupon can be found here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241641

K-MART

$59.99

Buy one Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $10 K-Mart Gift Card!

FRYS

$49.89

In-Store ONLY!

BLOCKBUSTER

$59.99

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get a $5 Blockbuster Gift Card!

FYE

$53.99
for members

$59.99 for non-members.

FAMILY VIDEO

$53.99

AMAZON

$59.99 (free Standard shipping)

Pre-order Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, get $20 Video Game Credit*!
(*Note: This credit comes as a code and may only be used with a future video game purchase.)

PC Price: $58.99

GAMEFLY

Keep Price: $49.99

Rent Price: $8.95

GOHASTINGS

$59.99

Trade in three select games to save at least $59.99 on your copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or any other $59.99 game of your choice.

Applicable Games:
http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/section.jsp?departmentName=POD&podName=ModernWarfare2

OTHER GREAT ONLINE DEALS

REMEMBER THAT THESE DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING COSTS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, SO DON'T FREAK OUT JUST YET!

SuperDuperClub-
$49.99

Buy.com- $52.99 (only $4.99 more for shipping, making the total $57.98)

DeepDiscount- $58.99 (free shipping)

ErwinComp- $58.95 (free shipping)

Pakayas- $53.99

818 Games- $52.00

ComegaCity- $56.03

Central Florida Gaming- $56.50

GameFanAttic- $54.99 (very cheap shipping, the site calculates it for you)

BestSku- $44.99 (The person who requested I put this here bought the game, including shipping, for $51.99)

I'm thinking about just doing the Amazon or Walmart deal. Either one sounds great.

EDIT: I did the Amazon deal, but I asked for Release Date Arrival Shipping, so I had to pay an extra $5.

-falcondealz

Oh, and if you find any more deals on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, PLEASE alert me and I gladly add it to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='falcondealz']Is that in-store only? I only checked the website.[/QUOTE]

its only for 10am to 2pm on the 10th and its for the rewards r us members its free to sign up for membership

Gamestop is offering such garbage compared to everyone but Target but that's only because they're not offering anything

Just a heads up, your info about the PC version being $70 is false. It's $60 just like the consoles. Thanks for this though.

Im about to find out if I can convice Target to PM walmarts deal. I have like 100 dollars worth of Target GFs I need to dump. Ill Let you know what happens.

[quote name='SEH']Just a heads up, your info about the PC version being $70 is false. It's $60 just like the consoles. Thanks for this though.[/QUOTE]

Really? Dammit, I thought I heard something about it being $70...w/e, thanks. I'll fix that.

Gamestop is offering such garbage compared to everyone but Target but that's only because they're not offering anything

I personally took advantage of the trade 2 get cod 2 for $19.99 at Gamestop which I think is a good deal. Rainbow six Vegas 2 has a tiv of $5 and saints row 2 $9.00. So the way I look at is I will get the game for $34ish. I've also done this deal for tekken, assasins, lfd2. I had multiple copies of halo an cod 4 from Bbv to take advantage of these deals.

I only had to pay $20 bucks for the game and that doesn't include the $20 video game credit I get from Amazon. It almost feels like stealing. ;)

[quote name='Uracat']I only had to pay $20 bucks for the game and that doesn't include the $20 video game credit I get from Amazon. It almost feels like stealing. ;)[/QUOTE]

What!? How!? That's sick!

[quote name='falcondealz']What!? How!? That's sick![/QUOTE]

Most likely from the spend $80 dollars on video games get a $40 Amazon GC they were offering. So $60(msrp)-$40= $20 plus the $20GC he got from pre-ordering from Amazon.

For the Rewards R Us program, can you sign up the day of the sale? Planning to get it from Toys R us and was wondering..

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Most likely from the spend $80 dollars on video games get a $40 Amazon GC they were offering. So $60(msrp)-$40= $20 plus the $20GC he got from pre-ordering from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

All that means is he basically got a b2g1 deal, nothin too crazy.

I thought the PC was also getting the hardened edition? Also what the hell usually PC games are 10 bucks less than what they are on the PS3 and 360. I could use my offer from dragon age to get this for less on the pc but I think I might hold off and get it later as I have ordered to much as is.

[quote name='spooie_redux']I believe Kmart has a $10 gift card, as advertised in the flyer they sent out earlier in the week.[/QUOTE]

Hm, really? I scoured the Internet for it and found nothing. Do you have a link for it?

...Or do you live in Australia? I heard they have a discount on the game there.

[quote name='DrDollars']For the Rewards R Us program, can you sign up the day of the sale? Planning to get it from Toys R us and was wondering..[/QUOTE]

Yes! I did this for WiiSports Resort several months ago, signed-up for Rewards R Us program just before buying to get the $20 gift card that was offered to Rewards members.

Toys R'Us here I come only thing I am disappoint with is that Boarderlands is not part of the deal. Should I just get another MW2 and return it the next day for Boarderlands? or just bite the bullet and get Uncharted 2?

Got my prestige edition at Amazon with their trade $60 worth of games get 1/2 off video game. Plus ECA, plus $10 vg credit. $149.99 - $15 - $75 - $10 = $50 total. Then getting my standard version there also with the $20 vg credit. Both are release day delivery!

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Gamestop is offering such garbage compared to everyone but Target but that's only because they're not offering anything[/QUOTE]

yeah it's pretty sad that GameStop is offering basically nothing even though they're supposed to be a specialty retailer.

I was about to order this from amazon, but I just can't justify spending $70 on a game I'm not really that excited about. My friends want me to get it so we can play online, but I'm not convinced yet. Peer pressure fail.

I will definitely pick this up in a little while when the price drops. Must be cuz of the economy/poor sales, everyone seems to be dropping game prices within weeks of release. I'm *hopefully* thinking I might get it for $45, or maybe an unwanted copy off craigslist...

target in store had $5 GC with preorder. it was supposed to end 11/6 but you might still be able to pick one up if they don't pay attention. or you might be locked out because of the registers. who knows. but that's what i did becasue i wanted to get it in store and i don't have the BBY gamer card.

So does anyone think it will work if I go to Best Buy and PM Toys R Us's $20 gift card thing and combine that with the $10 Rewards Zone member offer? So in the end I would get $30 off.

[quote name='Tech Star']So does anyone think it will work if I go to Best Buy and PM Toys R Us's $20 gift card thing and combine that with the $10 Rewards Zone member offer? So in the end I would get $30 off.[/QUOTE]

I've tried that with Batman. They said "We have a Batman DVD movie. That's what you'll get if you buy it here."

So it turns out if a Best Buy already HAS a promotion going on, they do not let you double dip. So to speak. But who knows--yours might letcha. You'd be lucky if they did.

I purchased with wal-mart.com to get the $20 gc. Got the e-card email preordered some DVDs since they dropped their prices, used egc. Gonna buy the game at Wally world on release day and return the copy in-store that I ordered online.

[quote name='flobert81']I purchased with wal-mart.com to get the $20 gc. Got the e-card email preordered some DVDs since they dropped their prices, used egc. Gonna buy the game at Wally world on release day and return the copy in-store that I ordered online.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that is a lot of work for $20 lol

I'm awfully tempted to show up at a Midnight launch and buy the Wii version of Modern Warfare, or even worse buy the original, just for shits and giggles.

Nah who am I kidding, I don't give a shit about either of those games. :p

I have a question that concerns the Hastings deal

Can we trade these games through Hastings.com? I don't have a store near me so will they take in mailed in games like Amazon?

[quote name='chuang4u']how come the toys r us deal thread got deleted?[/QUOTE]

When Sunday rolls around all of the Ad threads get merged into one big one by Cheapy.

at gamestop website it has...

Save $40 off the original price of $59.99 on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Save $40 when trading 2 select 360, PS3 or Wii games on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

this is not a good deal?
i was thinking of trading my xbox360 COD4 and HALO3 for the $40 credit
pleas advise
thanks

edit: how is this compared to the 10am - 2pm toys r us gift card deal?

I'm getting CODMW2 from TRU

CODMW2 +
GTA LCS
Uncharted 2
$160 - $30 GC (Batman AA deal) = $130

$45 GC + $25 GC + $10 GC (from the Big Book for spending over $75) = $80 GC

bread's done
Back