How many CAGs have or ever have played Half-Life TFC?

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Well, I was wondering if I knew anyone on here so here goes:

How many CAGs do or ever have played Half-Life TFC?

I used to play TFC for awhile and had been in many different clans.

Some of my names (so people can recognize me):

U.S. Clans:
The.Stoned.Medic
[AIM]MC-disease
[TFF]Shambler
|Kos|Chthon
[CS]-Shambler
WoW-Shamluvin4u
shaM[DSF]
|TD|raVage
-:3Q:whistle2:Gojo (last clan I was in)

UK Clans:
[RaNe]Pinkeye
[TAR]Pinkeye
[UBF]Pinkeye
[BD]Jok3r

I haven't played any FPS PC titles in a long time (mostly due to time constraints). I enjoyed playing in matches and win or lose I always had a great time.

I think I remember a [TFF]Shambler. I was [RiCE]SOSTrooper for the longest time. I played Soldier and HWG and was in -VD and `BB guilds. I havent touched TFC since 2003. I think my former RiCE members want to bring it back to compete in matches, but I'm only semi-interested, I need to maintain my GPA and graduate from college first.

Hey man! Ya I remember you. [RiCE] and [TFF] played more than once if I remembered correctly. Always a gg too. I remember you, Chewmaster, Knife, Kane, Razor, Dino, Xeric, and many others from that team.

I found some pics from the first match our 2 clans played one another. Back in OGL! I only have rd1 and rd3 (which were ties) and I cannot find rd2 (but if I remember correctly [RiCE] won rd2).

Round 1Round 3

I miss it sometimes too man (esp. since I have a better connection than 56k now). But you're right about keeping that GPA up. If you wanna chat sometime my AIM is TFFShambler (I've kept it this whole time).

Ya, I didn't play rd2 of that match. I just played rd1 & rd3 (prolly 'cause I didn't like crossover that much as a map at that time, but it grew on me over time).

No logs from rd1 or rd3? :(

Oh well, still good times. You guys won that match 2 rounds to 1.

Ya, TFC = Team Fortress Classic and I ended up finding SOSTrooper of all people. I figured I'd find someone obscure that I had no clue who he was but I ended up finding someone who you cannot forget (because he was good). [RiCE] and [TFF] played more than once I believe, but those screen shot's were from the first match.

Anyways, it's good to see some old gamers that I played matches against. It's nice to catch up on old times and to see what they're doing now.

It was a good community; a lot of clans were active back in about 3-4 years ago. The community wasn't oversized like CS, yet it was big enough to have over 20 ladders to compete in. There was also a lot of dramas going on with cheaters and whiners (Shark, Solo, respectively :) if you've clanned in TFC you would know these 2 notorious TFC'ers). There were a lot of guilds you can join to prove which of the 9 classes you're good at. The added voice support brought the people even closer together. Too bad every game has its height and decline, I was glad I caught TFC at its best time.

awww man..best game ..i remember those days, junior year of hs..i was freakin awesome!!! me and my ex best friend used 2 play all the time..but...things went bad between me and him :( cudnt bring myself 2 play nemore (that and i cudnt get my game workin after freakin STEAM took over..it was a valid retail with a valid key, and it said it was invalid! even tho i played with it for years and used it on steam a few times...)

Alot of TFC'ers play Day of Defeat now. If you want to jump back into an FPS game, check it out. The game has never been better. Soon it will get ported over to Source, and get a new coat of paint.

But yeah, the admin of the server I worked at made a 3rd party mod.. another guy ripped it off and made his for download..

*sigh* I remember those days.. I still remember most of the bugs, too.. I used to have pictures of everything.. moving entities, cloning things.. skywalking.. so much fun..

I wish I had pictures of it still.. I'm not sure where it is. Though I can show you some awesome Postal 2, Max Payne 2, and GTA3 mod shots.. example..

Ever see Gordon Freeman drive a go-kart in GTA3?

fd92675d.jpg

:cool:

Actually, I did find some shots..

fcbee9e7.jpg

Civilian with a gun in Badlands.. the marine is actually a media bot with AI that we brought on the server..

fcab717d.jpg

Pretty cool conc I made..

I need to find where I stored the rest of the pictures..

I used to like TFC a lot but eventually came to the conclusion that a couple classes were wildly unbalanced. The problem is that too many players like the unbalanced portion and so argue it's balanced. And it ruins the game.

I haven't played in awhile, though for several years I would play it all the time. I dabbled in all the classes, but I was best with the engineer and medic. Though I had a real dirty defensive trick I could use with a Demoman in Well.

Go into the flag chamber, detonate a bomb to get myself up on the door frame, then lay a bunch of remote bombs down by the flag.

Attacker gets on the elevator, checks to see if there is a demoman around, see's him nowhere, goes for the flag, and BOOM! They almost always fall for it the 1st and second time.

I also had a lot of fun being El presidente in Hunted.

I got some screenshots saved, I have to dig them up. I even got a lot of old demos from my clan matches too. I'll post some interesting/funny pics as I find them.

bread's done
Back