Modern Warfare 2 - Launch Day Bargains (Current cheapest: £25.99 from Morrisons)

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Console Releases
As it stands, so far the top Modern Warfare 2 launch day prices are:

Makro (cash and carry, you have to be a member and live near one!) - £20
Sainsburys (the best option so far for most of us) - £26

If you're sticking with online, Amazon is the best bet at the moment:
:360: Modern Warfare 2 £32.00
:ps3: Modern Warfare 2 £32.00

PC Release
The best price for PC users so far seems to be £24.99, from Coolshop.co.uk.
:pc: Modern Warfare 2 £24.99

I'll keep on updating the thread as the prices change.

So has the Sainsbury's deal been confirmed then? I don't suppose they are doing a midnight launch?

Asda £32 as well and midnight opening in most locations, might be worth ringing ahead first though as my local is expecting most copies to go to those who preordered, rumours are that the price could be matched to Sainsbury's at midnight but don't bank on it.

Asda for me as I can't get to Sainsbury's before 9.30 tomorrow morning and I doubt they will have any left by then.

I went to Sainsburys today to ask about the price and tomorrows opening times. They said they're weren't sure, but they open at 7:00. So i'll head there before my 9:30 lecture.

I don't have an Asda near me so its either Sainsburys or Amazon for me.

[quote name='carlito8']Asda £32 as well and midnight opening in most locations, might be worth ringing ahead first though as my local is expecting most copies to go to those who preordered, rumours are that the price could be matched to Sainsbury's at midnight but don't bank on it.

Asda for me as I can't get to Sainsbury's before 9.30 tomorrow morning and I doubt they will have any left by then.[/QUOTE]

Rang Sainbury's in Leeds and the game is available from 9am. I am in York on Wednesday, so can pick up a copy for you if you want Tom?

[quote name='ScottUK']Rang Sainbury's in Leeds and the game is available from 9am. I am in York on Wednesday, so can pick up a copy for you if you want Tom?[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, so its NOT available before 9? thats annoying, now i dont know if to be there for opening time or not. guess i should have called.

The two Sainsbury's stores I spoke to on the phone today said it'll be available at opening time, so 7-7:30 depending. Arse, I can't get there until nine.
Should there not be any though there's a Curry's opposite and a Currys.digital deeper in town that I can make use of with price matching.

Just got back from Sainsbury's (Cameron Toll) Edinburgh and there was a massive line but everyone got a copy.
Haha there was NO ONE in the GAME store across the mall, the staff were standing there watching us get it half price.
At least at Edinburgh they strictly enforced the one per customer (Ps3 OR 360) but I managed to get a 360 version, turn around get back in the other queue and get a ps3 version (which i may trade in towards L4D2).

Now i need to get through work before i can play it.

I just got back from my Sainsbuys, completely sold out of 360 versions and only two PS3 ones left. My friend picked up a PS3 copy. The store opened at 7:00 and we got there about 7:40. The woman working said there was loads of Mums in buying copies of the game.

I will try again tomorrow if not I will just Amazon it.

if people are thinking about going to new cross sainsbury, its sold out. Too bad the price will be back to retail price when they restock. Meh i got copy for my brother but i wanted to get one for myself :(. My brother was going to give me £10 as well so it would be like i spend £16 ;_;. Hm friend said that tesco and asda price are the same. You can alway check in your local store to check it yourself.

[quote name='TheToiletDuck']It's 32squid at Tescos.[/QUOTE]

its probably sold out since its pretty much sold out everywhere in sainbury lol

[quote name='Damo Dimension']Just picked it up in Morrisons in Norwich! £25.99 all the sainsbury's had sold out so get there quick![/QUOTE]
Sweet, I'm about a 10 minute walk from there - will pop in and take a look.

hahah awesome, time to go to morrison in peckham after university and see if they have it. Hope they do since people never expect morrison to sell cheap games since they alway sell new games for retail price.

Yeah, a friend of mine said he got his at the midnight release at Tesco for £38.

Ach well, I'll wait until Christmas. I have the Ratchet and Clank series to work my way through.

[quote name='saunderscowie']The woman working said there was loads of Mums in buying copies of the game.[/QUOTE]

yeah! so long for the 18 PEGI rating :D
btw, i got my xbox360 copy from Blockbuster Italy. i turned in 2 crappy used games from Gamestation, added 9.95 eur and snatched it up for something 25 eur (22.50 gbp roughly). yes, international gaming FTW!

Just got up early to go to Sainsburys to get my copy of MW2 and they still havent had another delivery in yet, even though the woman told me yesterday they would do by 8am today!

Oh well, i will try again later!

[quote name='sylar112']2.11 for a tin of soup! least he got a good deal on the game :p[/QUOTE]

It's been a while since I've had a Frijj... must remember to get one the next time I go shopping.

FYI my local Sainsbury's now has stock, and it's back up to £45. Have Morrisons stayed low?

I'm actually after a decent price for the hardened edition, but that seems even more difficult to find. If I see the normal version for under £30 I'll have to get it though. Wonder if there's a Morrisons near here...

bread's done
Back