- - - - -

(DEAD) COD MW 2 - $20/30/45 (solo, +1, +2) GC @ TRU 11/14/09 7am-1pm RewardsRUs Only

#31 Masterchip   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Masterchip

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

hmm wonder if I can get bestbuy to match this and let me use the $10 off coupon... Anyone know if FAO gift cards work at TRU now? The tru employees weren't sure...

This times a thousand.
Even though I have the dreaded "DEVIL" Best Buy stores here in the Orlando area who refuse to price match giftcards, I will try tomorrow to fight with them (I have their price match guarantee already printed) to get my CoD :MW for 40 plus $10 GC.
My plan is to then then use that GC toward the $30 13 month XBL pack!

#32 allure   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

This times a thousand.
Even though I have the dreaded "DEVIL" Best Buy stores here in the Orlando area who refuse to price match giftcards, I will try tomorrow to fight with them (I have their price match guarantee already printed) to get my CoD :MW for 40 plus $10 GC.
My plan is to then then use that GC toward the $30 13 month XBL pack!

you wont be able to use that rz coupon if you price match 20 dollars. i just tried.....

#33 Akuyazi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:18 AM

in the other thread, there's a picture of a receipt price matched and the gift card. Maybe he got lucky though.

But if i do get the $10 gift card from best buy, is it possible to return it right then and there then rebuy it and use the gift card?

#34 icedrake523   Good News Everyone! CAGiversary!   3700 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

icedrake523

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

At this rate, we probably expect a $35-$30 sale soon. I believe World at War was at $35 at Best Buy within a month

I remember I picked it up before Christmas when they had it for either $40 or $35.

#35 allure   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

any one do this yet? is there an actual ad i can get at toys?

#36 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

At this rate, we probably expect a $35-$30 sale soon. I believe World at War was at $35 at Best Buy within a month

$35 a week before Christmas.

Then there was COD4 for $30 at CC on launch day. Ah, Circuit City, you were a PITA, but I miss ye...

#37 Mad39er   MW2 Hacker CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Picked up Modern Warfare 2 and Episodes from Liberty City, ty OP. The Toys R Us in Staten Island was almost deserted, no line and I was in and out in 5 minutes. $30 came off on the receipt and I got an additional $30 gift card.

#38 PlayerXXX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

I wonder if BB would match this deal so I can get a $20 gift card from them vs the $10 deal they got going now?

#39 Masterchip   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Masterchip

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

I wonder if BB would match this deal so I can get a $20 gift card from them vs the $10 deal they got going now?

I am wondering this too

The main complaint my BB gave me last time was no that they don't price match, but the fact that the deal time for the 20 GC passed (on the Ad it mentioned Tuesday, from 10AM to 2), so I was curious on how it would work today with full justification

But there are many factors that would have my BB refuse such as the "ad" for the rewards zone is printed out, and again, that they won't price match gift cards.:cry:

I'm not sure if its worth the effort to go out and try to PM anymore. I just received my $20 VG credit from amazon, and it should come by Tuesday.

#40 thepik241   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

$35 a week before Christmas.

Then there was COD4 for $30 at CC on launch day. Ah, Circuit City, you were a PITA, but I miss ye...

Oh yes, COD3 and COD4 for a total of $30 in launch day was bliss...

Hopefully when I come back to the States next May MW2, ACII and a couple of other games will be cheaper.

#41 Eleven8Eighty3   Art Director CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Eleven8Eighty3

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

for COD MW2 i'll just wait till it drops to $35 or $40. Don't feel like having to buy it just to get gift cards.

#42 allure   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

I am wondering this too

The main complaint my BB gave me last time was no that they don't price match, but the fact that the deal time for the 20 GC passed (on the Ad it mentioned Tuesday, from 10AM to 2), so I was curious on how it would work today with full justification

But there are many factors that would have my BB refuse such as the "ad" for the rewards zone is printed out, and again, that they won't price match gift cards.:cry:

I'm not sure if its worth the effort to go out and try to PM anymore. I just received my $20 VG credit from amazon, and it should come by Tuesday.

for COD MW2 i'll just wait till it drops to $35 or $40. Don't feel like having to buy it just to get gift cards.

why wait when you can get it for 40 now. i just price matched the toysrus gift card deal and got 20 dollars off. i had to show them their own policy. make sure u have it printed out.. and he wouldnt let me use my rewards zone coupon. so ymmv

Posted Image

#43 injendsm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

injendsm

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

Stupid question, but how do you go about price matching? I've never done it. Is it as simple as taking the proof of the competitor's discount to the register with you and telling the cashier that you want to price match it?

#44 bruticus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   199 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

bruticus

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Just got back from BB (got there when they opened)..... got it for $39.99 after the TRU pricematch and took my RZ coupon just in case they wouldnt do a pricematch and glad i did....best part of all he seen the coupon in with my tru printout stuff and said "let me try the RZ coupon to and see if it will let me do the giftcard also for ya" ...and bam added the $10 coupon as well without having to ask.....was cool manager, even wrote down his gamertag for me to add him on Live

so in all really in the end it just cost me $29.99 for MW2 cause $10 BB gc is almost like cash during the holidays

#45 jatasura   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   593 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Stupid question, but how do you go about price matching? I've never done it. Is it as simple as taking the proof of the competitor's discount to the register with you and telling the cashier that you want to price match it?

That's exactly it. If the cashier won't do it, raise a stink and get a manager. You'll get it.

#46 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3090 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

hmm I didn't realize bb pm would mean $40 instead of $60 with a $20 gc. I should have stopped by and tried.

#47 RamenNation   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   45 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

RamenNation

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Got Best Buy to PM TRU after I showed them their own policy. Customer Service there was denying it before, and they wouldn't take my RZ coupon for $10. I did get the $20 GC, Thanks OP

#48 milmanias   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   294 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

milmanias

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:38 AM

I got the TRU gift card today and promptly returned it to gamestop (bought on launch) to use the credit preorder Mass Effect 2. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

#49 ajc   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   5 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:08 AM

I asked one of the salesman if they could PM. He looked up the TRU ad on one of the computers, then asked the manager for approval. The ad says Tuesday only, but if you mouse over it, it says it is valid from 11/10 to 11/14. See my post in Posted Image Posted Image Every Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Deal! for a photo of my receipt.

#50 navraster   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

navraster

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:01 AM

Best Buy in Orange, CA refused to honor the TRU $20 GC. I got the store manager over there, and showed him my printout of their own policies. He agreed that the policy said they would price match "promotional prices" and that the TRU price was a promotional price, but he refused to honor it. "I don't care what it says, I won't do it. Go somewhere else." So I did.

The Tustin store did it with no problem once I showed them their own policies. No $10 off for RZ though, and their own price match policies do say that they won't honor any bonuses with a pricematch, so ok. I'm still very happy. Also, the Live for $30 went through flawlessly.

#51 gantt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

Best Buy in Orange, CA refused to honor the TRU $20 GC. I got the store manager over there, and showed him my printout of their own policies. He agreed that the policy said they would price match "promotional prices" and that the TRU price was a promotional price, but he refused to honor it. "I don't care what it says, I won't do it. Go somewhere else." So I did.

Just got back from BB (got there when they opened)..... got it for $39.99 after the TRU pricematch and took my RZ coupon just in case they wouldnt do a pricematch and glad i did....best part of all he seen the coupon in with my tru printout stuff and said "let me try the RZ coupon to and see if it will let me do the giftcard also for ya" ...and bam added the $10 coupon as well without having to ask.....was cool manager, even wrote down his gamertag for me to add him on Live

Wow, look at that difference in experience. Wonder who is the more loyal Best Buy customer now, and if that loyalty is worth more than the cost of a $20 gift card. Ya think?

The Tustin store did it with no problem once I showed them their own policies. No $10 off for RZ though, and their own price match policies do say that they won't honor any bonuses with a pricematch, so ok. I'm still very happy. Also, the Live for $30 went through flawlessly.

Sometimes it helps to do these on two different transactions: first price match, then make a second visit to customer service at a different time or place with receipt and BB coupon in hand.