Farscape, the complete series $74.38 at Deepdiscount.com

Not letting me do Bing for Deep Discount. Overstock w/7% at $92 is the best deal available with Bing that I can find.

Doing Bing for DD is easy. Go to Bing.com, log into your cashback account, go to Shopping and then search for DD.

Worked for me no problem.

how is DD on arrival time for a preorder release? Amazon can usually have it at your door the day it releases. can i expect it to show up the week or release?

Question is, is that the pre-or post 40% off price as the fine print on the front page says pre-release items are excluded from the "40%" off sale. Maybe it just means items which have a release date outside the sale time frame.

:shock: thats a great price. nice find op. i've never ordered from this site, how do they compare to amazon?

In for 1. Thanks, OP!

Those who are asking about how DD compares to Amazon, it's like ordering from Amazon with the super saver shipping. In other words, it could be a couple of weeks. But DD packages their items pretty well. The Little House on the Prairie Complete Series set I ordered from DD had plenty of cushion from wadded up packing paper.

[quote name='boyward']In for 1. Thanks, OP!

Those who are asking about how DD compares to Amazon, it's like ordering from Amazon with the super saver shipping. In other words, it could be a couple of weeks. But DD packages their items pretty well. The Little House on the Prairie Complete Series set I ordered from DD had plenty of cushion from wadded up packing paper.[/QUOTE]

thanks!

Same here. I thought it wasn't shipping until Tuesday.

Also, I bet they're getting very few orders due to their revised "sale". That means lots of free time for the shipping department.

I wonder if/when the Blu-Ray will come out for this series? I've seen in a few places that there are plans for one. I think I might hold out...

I can't imagine how much an undertaking it would be to make a decent blu-ray release of this because of all the special effects. It would cost a ton to redo those to make it look decent.

I'm happy with $75 for 4 seasons of one of my favorite shows. Before they announced this was coming out, I'd given up hope on getting the full series.

I own the large season box sets originally put out years ago. They're not the Starburst editions, but I'm wondering if anyone knew exactly how this latest set differs from the original vs. the Starburst. Searches aren't turning up much info. other than the special features.

Some of the directors commentaries are missing. They only had so much room, and decided to prune out an amount of them. I forget the total number missing, but it was more than a few. No big deal for most considering the lower price we are paying, but some may be bothered it has less special features than was made for it in the original sets. Really, 1 extra disc would have been enough to get everything in this set. :(

Also, the Peacekeeper Wars DVD is NOT a part of this set. I believe someone else distributes it, so it couldn't be included. Good thing it sells for $9.99 at most places.

Insane price for the complete series.

I bought the Starburst Editions when they were first released and still hate the early 2 sided flippers and flimsy case - wished there was a boxset then. I'll console myself with the prettier box art.

Between not paying for tax on $69.99 (almost $6) and getting about $3 in Bing Cashback, the DD deal ends up being a better deal.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Insane price for the complete series.

I bought the Starburst Editions when they were first released and still hate the early 2 sided flippers and flimsy case - wished there was a boxset then. I'll console myself with the prettier box art.[/QUOTE]

I sent my 2 sided discs in to ADV or whoever it was to get replacements. That was pretty simple - probably a bit too late to do that now for you though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Showed up today in the mail. Pretty quick, all told.[/QUOTE]

Hows it look? Still haven't decided on selling my Starburst sets yet. It would obviously save a lot of space on the shelf, but then ill miss out on the cool Moya image that goes across the spines

Yeah, I'll be getting this from Best Buy since it comes with the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hows it look? Still haven't decided on selling my Starburst sets yet. It would obviously save a lot of space on the shelf, but then ill miss out on the cool Moya image that goes across the spines[/QUOTE]I haven't cracked open the package yet, though I will and post some impressions. It's a nice set for keeping space on a DVD rack, as it's about the size of a Starburst set.

[quote name='LeRoy']Yeah, I'll be getting this from Best Buy since it comes with the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series.[/QUOTE]I've not seen any evidence that it comes with the mini-series, as it was done by a different company than the series. There's nothing on BB to indicate that it comes with the mini-series and there's nothing in the weekly ad to explain that either.

EDIT: Aha, found something about it:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargai...xclusive-farscape-complete-69-99-s-h-tax.html

I think ill go for the BB set if it does come with the peacekeeper wars, even though i have it already.
Sucks that $20 off $100 paypal deal expired early.

I'm looking at Best Buy's page for the complete series but I don't see a listing for it including the Peacekeeper Wars. Is it included and they're just not showing it?

Supposedly, from the DVDTalk article I found, the BB version has 26 discs and the non-BB version has 25. That extra disc is supposed to be Peacekeeper Wars, though that makes no sense as Peacekeeper Wars is two discs.

[quote name='shrike4242']Supposedly, from the DVDTalk article I found, the BB version has 26 discs and the non-BB version has 25. That extra disc is supposed to be Peacekeeper Wars, though that makes no sense as Peacekeeper Wars is two discs.[/QUOTE]
someone posted pictures of the best buy one apparently and it does include the two discs of peacekeeper wars in the archives dvd

here's the link: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/556249-farscape-why-isnt-print-5.html

[quote name='shrike4242'] the BB version has 26 discs and the non-BB version has 25. That extra disc is supposed to be Peacekeeper Wars, though that makes no sense as Peacekeeper Wars is two discs.[/QUOTE]

My order from DD came today, and the box says that there are 26 discs, but there is no Peacekeeper Wars.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']My order from DD came today, and the box says that there are 26 discs, but there is no Peacekeeper Wars.[/QUOTE]

the one with the Peacekeeper wars is Best Buy exclusive

If my local Best Buy still has it on Thursday then I'll pick it up. If not, then it was not meant to be.

BB does have peacekeeper - there is a sticker on the box. Grabbed one from B&M today just in case my online order doesn't come with it. Couldn't order for instore pickup last nite and can't cancel order now, so got stuck with shipping charge. Blah. At least i got the 5% bing cashback.

[quote name='Pookymeister']BB does have peacekeeper - there is a sticker on the box. Grabbed one from B&M today just in case my online order doesn't come with it. Couldn't order for instore pickup last nite and can't cancel order now, so got stuck with shipping charge. Blah. At least i got the 5% bing cashback.[/QUOTE]I ended up keeping the set from DD, since I already had PW. With no tax and Bing cashback, it ended up being a better deal through DD.

The DVD sets are pretty packed full of discs, so it does save some space on the shelf. The cover art is pretty good, IMO.

I managed to cancel my DD order before it shipped & grabbed the last copy of the set at my local BB last night. Had to get them to pricematch their website, but that was no problem at all. Thanks guys, this set is going to be a Christmas gift for my wife, and since I've never seen the series (only pieces of it here & there) I had no idea about the PW before reading this thread.

As an added bonus, my BB had some games 75% off, and they had the Watchmen blu-ray that includes the games on that rack. It was only $5, so I grabbed it even tho I have the regular blu-ray already.

ok this is odd i ordered it last thursday from DD at its still listed as "processing" is this normal for ordering from them?

[quote name='W0lfRHart']ok this is odd i ordered it last thursday from DD at its still listed as "processing" is this normal for ordering from them?[/QUOTE]

if you chose free shipping yes it is.

so let me get this strait. they could not, for some damn reason put the peacekeeper wars in the set to make it really complete, but then best buy is somehow able to get it in there as an exclusive.:bomb:

and from what i read it's the same 2 discs from the stand alone reacekeeper wars set and no documentation anywhere saying otherwise besides a sticker on the wrapped box?

i'm upset i got this from DD (arrived today) knowing this version is out there. wish i knew about this BB deal in advance of placing my order last wednesday. i ordered peacekeeper wars from amazon for $10 last week, and i get it and the case is damaged. so now i need another one. if the set had an extra 2 free tabs inside to hold my 2 dvd's i'd put them in the set where they belong.

guess i'll wait for the rumored Bluray version and double-dip, hoping it has all the extras that were dropped AND the peacekeeper wars.

bread's done
Back