DRAGON AGE ORIGINS Xb360,PS3 $49.99 PC $39.99 at GS.com, and in stores.

Oswald9599

CAGiversary!
STILL $49.99 on the site and SHOULD BE $49.99 at stores, but not all stores are checking the prices in the computer so make sure they don't just tell you its not $49.99 or $39.99

dragon-age.png

Just noticed this yesterday. Even surprised the manager since I guess there was no word about a price drop. Could be PS3 and PC as well but I haven't tested this. If this is up already I apologize since I have been away at bible camp. JESUS YEAHHH!!!!

UPDATE: ALL versions are $10 off

Last edited by a moderator:
You were at bible camp but sure got excited about the dwarf and elf sex. :lol:

Pretty okay deal I guess!

[quote name='mis0']You were at bible camp but sure got excited about the dwarf and elf sex. :lol:

Pretty okay deal I guess![/QUOTE]

The bible is not racist my friend. $49.99 is better than $59.

[quote name='kart007k']So, if I trade in 2 games then can I get this for $10.00[/QUOTE]

Good question, usually new game promotions dont stack up in the system. But because it's an automated promotion it could out wit the system when they scan the T2 G1 for 20 coupon code.

I just saw Dragon Age for the XBox 360 at Wal-Mart for $39.95 today. I'm in Morris County, New Jersey. I didn't check the PC version cost, but the PS3 version was still $59.95.

They also had Borderlands for the XBox 360 for $29.95. Several other games had "price drop" tags, but those are the only two I remember the prices of.

[quote name='Web Lass']I just saw Dragon Age for the XBox 360 at Wal-Mart for $39.95 today. I'm in Morris County, New Jersey. I didn't check the PC version cost, but the PS3 version was still $59.95.

They also had Borderlands for the XBox 360 for $29.95. Several other games had "price drop" tags, but those are the only two I remember the prices of.[/QUOTE]

Wow borderlands for 30 bucks, is quite the deal. You shoulda grabbed it! Worth every penny.

anybody else confirm that this is $50 in Gamestop stores now? If so I may try to snatch this up tomorrow if so, I just don't want to wait to fight the crowds for a cheaper price on Black Friday is all.

I just picked it up at the $50 price. It rang up at 60, but when it is finalized it takes it off with the promotion. The receipt says Disc: 10.00 Promo #8106

I also asked if they had any pre-order bonuses left and sure enough he did!

Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='nikkai']will be 37 @ best buy for ps3/xbox 360 on black friday[/QUOTE]

I think Best Buy has it for 34.99.

[quote name='Web Lass']I just saw Dragon Age for the XBox 360 at Wal-Mart for $39.95 today. I'm in Morris County, New Jersey. I didn't check the PC version cost, but the PS3 version was still $59.95.

They also had Borderlands for the XBox 360 for $29.95. Several other games had "price drop" tags, but those are the only two I remember the prices of.[/QUOTE]
Which Wal-Mart was this at?

[quote name='lude21']is this online only?[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be. The cashier I went to was like, yeah I saw its $50 but that is only online, but he said he would check and finalize the order and see. Sure enough after finalizing the order it took $10 off. The sale could very well end this week though and Sunday may be your last day to grab it at this price for now.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Many of us have GS credit though, which is why I found this deal more useful.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='jubeininja69']make sure you guys get a sealed copy. opened new copies might have the dlc code compromised.[/QUOTE]

Double indeed. And make sure the copy wasn't resealed. I've never run into a GS doing this without asking the customer, but some folks have claimed they have seen it happen, so just be on the lookout.

they turned me away when I went in to pick it up and I mentioned the sale online, they said they won't honor the online price, so I just paid the 60... should I attempt to get a price adjustment?

[quote name='kart007k']So, if I trade in 2 games then can I get this for $10.00[/QUOTE]

If I had to take a guess, I'd say yes. The "Trade 2 get 'Title' for 19.99" just boosts each of those game trade-ins to $20 each (unless they're worth more to begin with), and the Dragon Age $10 off promo is a drop off the title's price itself, so they should stack. Can't say 100% without checking on the register though.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']they turned me away when I went in to pick it up and I mentioned the sale online, they said they won't honor the online price, so I just paid the 60... should I attempt to get a price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

That is odd, the sale must be over then. That is why my employee said, but after finalizing the order it took of the $10 so I've got no idea man.

If so, this deal is dead.

I just picked it up yesterday and it was still 49.99. I asked the guy point blank if the sale was just online or in store as well. He said it was in store too. So if you paid 60 you should definitely get your 10 bucks back.

Hmm, walmart.com reports that borderlands and dragon age are not sold in stores so I guess they were clearancing them out. Now, do I want to go on a wild goose chase for games I already own (so I can return to best buy/target)?

Yeah. Probably.

Don't waste your money at Lamestop on this for $50. Best Buy will have it on Black Friday for $30 along with some other games that are newer releases. Best Buy is the place to be on Black Friday.

[quote name='Sigma']Don't waste your money at Lamestop on this for $50. Best Buy will have it on Black Friday for $30 along with some other games that are newer releases. Best Buy is the place to be on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]
Your negativity makes me understand why I hate people. You guys all have a right to your opinion, but let people do what they want. Some of us have lives and have things to do other than stand in lines, or prebuy games just to PM them. So any deal is still a deal.

That is all.

KAKOOOOOOW!

I did get this for 50 but they refused to pricematch the website for Demon souls. I don't get all this shit with places not pricematching their own fucking websites. The guy told word for word "We don't pricematch gamestop.com it's a different company"

WTF

[quote name='cheeky']Hmm, walmart.com reports that borderlands and dragon age are not sold in stores so I guess they were clearancing them out. Now, do I want to go on a wild goose chase for games I already own (so I can return to best buy/target)?

Yeah. Probably.[/QUOTE]

Ahh return fraud. The morals are low with this one.

And you are a reason that I hate people.

[quote name='Oswald9599']Your negativity makes me understand why I hate people. You guys all have a right to your opinion, but let people do what they want. Some of us have lives and have things to do other than stand in lines, or prebuy games just to PM them. So any deal is still a deal.

That is all.

KAKOOOOOOW![/QUOTE]
You can do whatever you want with your money, I could care less. I don't know you or care what you do with your money. I wasn't being negative at all, yes this is a deal considering the game is $10 off the retail price and yes I do hate Gamestop. I was just simply informing people that might not know, that Best Buy will be selling Dragon Age: Origins for $29.99 on Black Friday and yes in case math isn't your strongest area, that's $20 less than Gamestops price.

[quote name='Sigma']You can do whatever you want with your money, I could care less. I don't know you or care what you do with your money. I wasn't being negative at all, yes this is a deal considering the game is $10 off the retail price and yes I do hate Gamestop. I was just simply informing people that might not know, that Best Buy will be selling Dragon Age: Origins for $29.99 on Black Friday and yes in case math isn't your strongest area, that's $20 less than Gamestops price.[/QUOTE]

Good deal considering that you will get a lot of gameplay on the game since it is BioWare. Also BB is selling it for 34.99 on Black Friday not 29.99. Some people may just buy it at Gamestop for that price, instead of waiting for Black Friday and waiting outside early in the morning. As for me I am going to try my luck and see if I can get it at BB when black friday comes around.

[quote name='Sigma']You can do whatever you want with your money, I could care less. I don't know you or care what you do with your money. I wasn't being negative at all, yes this is a deal considering the game is $10 off the retail price and yes I do hate Gamestop. I was just simply informing people that might not know, that Best Buy will be selling Dragon Age: Origins for $29.99 on Black Friday and yes in case math isn't your strongest area, that's $20 less than Gamestops price.[/QUOTE]

There are black friday threads though for that, is there not? Your point is moot, and yes you are being negative. But I digress you're one of many so whats the point. Enjoy your hate.

[quote name='Oswald9599']There are black friday threads though for that, is there not? Your point is moot, and yes you are being negative. But I digress you're one of many so whats the point. Enjoy your hate.[/QUOTE]
Alright, dude. You are just bitter for whatever reason. I'll enjoy my so called "hate" and that's the last of my attention you will get.

125125, My bad. I have a friend who works at Best Buy tell me the prices. I believe Brutal Legend was $30 though, but regardless $35 is a steal for Dragon Age and they will also have L4D2 for that price. :D

Got it 2day for $50, i didnt realize the reg. edition came with the $15 bonus code also...sweet! i got it at GS cuz i had trades...got $37.50 for borderlands after 50% bump. Not but considering i paid $10 for it at BB and i got my platinum. :)

[quote name='IRHari']You should get it on Amazon, not G$. Amazon has no sales tax and free shipping ;)[/QUOTE]
Amazon does have to collect sales tax when shipping to some states. just an FYI

[quote name='lude21']Got it 2day for $50, i didnt realize the reg. edition came with the $15 bonus code also...sweet! i got it at GS cuz i had trades...got $37.50 for borderlands after 50% bump. Not but considering i paid $10 for it at BB and i got my platinum. :)[/QUOTE]

What bonus code?

[quote name='cycophuk']What bonus code?[/QUOTE]

Stone Prisoner DLC ($15 otherwise) only comes with new copies of Dragon Age, to deter people from buying the game used.

-edit- Changed Warden's Keep to Stone Prisoner, cause I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rpnguyen']Warden's Keep DLC ($15 otherwise) only comes with new copies of Dragon Age, to deter people from buying the game used.[/QUOTE]

I think its a great idea that we will see more of. More developers and publishers should be doing this to get their bottom lines up. Include "exclusive" DLC in-box to deter those who will rent or buy used.

[quote name='Sigma']Alright, dude. You are just bitter for whatever reason. I'll enjoy my so called "hate" and that's the last of my attention you will get.

125125, My bad. I have a friend who works at Best Buy tell me the prices. I believe Brutal Legend was $30 though, but regardless $35 is a steal for Dragon Age and they will also have L4D2 for that price. :D[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm just tired of all the threadcrapping that's been going on lately and sadly I chose your antics to berate. I apologize if I come of like an ass, I am an ass, but that does not reserve me the right to belittle or subjugate. Just keep the deal the way it is you know, I know these are going to be available cheaper, its inevitable. I think some people just appreciate thing like this now and again, if you dont, great.

[quote name='technole']I think its a great idea that we will see more of. More developers and publishers should be doing this to get their bottom lines up. Include "exclusive" DLC in-box to deter those who will rent or buy used.[/QUOTE]

One thing that irritates me about Dragon Age is the way they integrate DLC. For example, the $7 inventory DLC provides a huge boon to players but nonetheless it is DLC and cannot be acquired any other way, even if you buy the game new. Another thing is that you will meet an NPC who gives you a quest that is obtained through DLC...even if you don't have the said DLC.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Another thing is that you will meet an NPC who gives you a quest that is obtained through DLC...even if you don't have the said DLC.[/QUOTE]

really? now that is messed up

CE coming up with the $10 off also?

Also I wanna get the CE just no idea which system to get it for? PS3 better graphics, but how's the 360 online play?

bread's done
Back