Final Fantasy XIII Date announced, $56.99 at Amazon.

Looks like Amazon added Release Date Delivery to a few titles, this being one of them (Bayonetta and Darksiders as well).

And not being able to change Two-Day to Release Day Shipping after the order has been placed makes me a sad panda.

[quote name='utstick']I am hesitant to pre-order from Amazon given their post-release deals recently...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously, especially since we no longer get ECA. They've had some good deals for new releases too since WM has started to compete against them at the very least.

And I'm also very iffy as to whether or not this is a solid date. It seems pretty early...

[quote name='ddrisgood137']Bah, it'll get pushed back.[/QUOTE]

Care to make a wager on that? I'll gladly go 5:1 (your favor) on a $1000+....

Absent natural disaster, I think it's a certainty we'll be playing FFXIII come March of 2010. SE went through a lot of trouble to announce this release date (making a trailer for it and hyping up this announcement in advance) and I can't imagine them backing down on it at this point.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, seriously, especially since we no longer get ECA. They've had some good deals for new releases too since WM has started to compete against them at the very least.

And I'm also very iffy as to whether or not this is a solid date. It seems pretty early...[/QUOTE]

SE announced it today

[quote name='prateeko']I wonder when theyll announce the Collecters (but not limited) edition?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing... I really liked the collector's case for FFXII.

That's early than I thought it would be too.

I'll wait until they announce the collector's edition to order. Given what a FF fanboy I am, I'll probably end up getting the CE for both systems. Already have the collector's edition soundtrack pre-ordered from PlayAsia.

[quote name='DoriftoShoes']I can't wait for this...comes out 5 days after my birthday...woohoo :D[/QUOTE]

9 days after mine! Last year I got Star Ocean for my birthday from my kids. This year will make up for that. :D (SO for the 360 was good, just not great)

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, seriously, especially since we no longer get ECA. They've had some good deals for new releases too since WM has started to compete against them at the very least.[/QUOTE]

Yup, $56.99 isn't enough of a savings for me to justify pre-ordering it from Amazon -- at that point I'd rather pay the extra $3 and just go to a local store and get it at whatever point I'm ready to play it (my current backlog will last me well past March, so it'll be a while until I get to it anyway). The ECA discount really pushed things over the edge for me enough to make ordering from Amazon worth while, but without it, meh. They need to bring that back or at least add one of their game store credit promos to it to sweeten the deal if they want my business.

[quote name='Nirron']Looks like Amazon added Release Date Delivery to a few titles, this being one of them (Bayonetta and Darksiders as well).

And not being able to change Two-Day to Release Day Shipping after the order has been placed makes me a sad panda.[/QUOTE]

I just went to my Order Summary page and was able to change the shipping from Two-Day to Release Day Delivery. Not sure what kind of errors you ran into. PM if you want help or more specifics.

$50.00 by the Friday of the release week! ;)

Gonna hold off like everyone else.. unless they give us like $10 bonus or something.

[quote name='Nirron']And not being able to change Two-Day to Release Day Shipping after the order has been placed makes me a sad panda.[/QUOTE]
Same problem and it should auto-correct itself by tomorrow. If not, they'll be hearing from me. Two of my BD orders dropped in price by $.50 and haven't changed yet either. I really wish Amazon would revise the orders page to be much more functional. Getting tired of having little to no control over my own damn orders without re-ordering.

I just pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon... who is this David Waybright person? The name appears on the PS3 game when I buy it, but when I checked the Xbox 360 version, it's not there. At first, I thought I was buying the guide or something when I added it to my cart and went to the check-out page and saw the name (I assumed it was the author of the guide).

I re-did my order and same thing, so I left it at that.

There's a difference between holiday season releases and ones in Q1... although we'll see. I doubt there'll be many GC/discount promos for FFXIII, and if you don't order by year's end you won't have a chance to use your current credit on it.

Also, my never-ending 20% ECA discounted order is full of win. Just... might swap out the regular edition for the CE at some point if/when they announce it.

[quote name='bvharris']That's early than I thought it would be too.

I'll wait until they announce the collector's edition to order. Given what a FF fanboy I am, I'll probably end up getting the CE for both systems. Already have the collector's edition soundtrack pre-ordered from PlayAsia.[/QUOTE]

by the time i heard it was up on play asia, the collectors edition was sold out. anyone ever use CDjapan for game soundtracks?

[quote name='DoriftoShoes']I can't wait for this...comes out 5 days after my birthday...woohoo :D[/QUOTE]

Me too, looks like I wont be buying myself GOW 3 or FFXIII next year!

This was #1 on my recommendations list for at least a couple months (now #2 after canceling a couple pre-orders), but it has never appeared in my gold box.

[quote name='arcane93']Yup, $56.99 isn't enough of a savings for me to justify pre-ordering it from Amazon -- at that point I'd rather pay the extra $3 and just go to a local store and get it at whatever point I'm ready to play it (my current backlog will last me well past March, so it'll be a while until I get to it anyway). The ECA discount really pushed things over the edge for me enough to make ordering from Amazon worth while, but without it, meh. They need to bring that back or at least add one of their game store credit promos to it to sweeten the deal if they want my business.[/QUOTE]

You're not charged tax with Amazon, which makes it a good deal better than just $3 savings.

[quote name='cress2000']This was #1 on my recommendations list for at least a couple months (now #2 after canceling a couple pre-orders), but it has never appeared in my gold box.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, but I'm waiting for a collector's edition.

Waiting for more details on this (particularly whether it will ship with a Versus XIII demo or not), but this is the game I would like to use the $40 voucher for. Square has until New Year's Eve to really impress me.

Should be noted for the 360 version Microsoft is giving away some mysterious free gift:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/finalfantasyXIII/

Go sign up there. They won't say what it is until enough people post their advertisement on Twitter, but you don't actually need to do this if you just want the gift. The Twitter thing is already 2/13ths of the way full in just a couple hours, so I can't imagine it won't fill up easily (and the sign up for the prize doesn't require Twitter at all).

[quote name='Warlock82']Should be noted for the 360 version Microsoft is giving away some mysterious free gift:
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/f/finalfantasyXIII/

Go sign up there. They won't say what it is until enough people post their advertisement on Twitter, but you don't actually need to do this if you just want the gift. The Twitter thing is already 2/13ths of the way full in just a couple hours, so I can't imagine it won't fill up easily (and the sign up for the prize doesn't require Twitter at all).[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Still not getting my sale but a free gift is cool!

[quote name='krazyazn01']I just went to my Order Summary page and was able to change the shipping from Two-Day to Release Day Delivery. Not sure what kind of errors you ran into. PM if you want help or more specifics.[/QUOTE]

I probably should've clarified, my apologies. It's actually not a single item in the order, but multiple games, so clicking the Change button next to Shipping Speed only lets me choose between Standard, Two-Day, and paying $4 for One-Day.

Odd thing is, the two items (Assassin's Creed II and FF13) are both eligible for Release Day Delivery. Their FAQ gives me little hope that I could do anything considering the "solution" is to place a new pre-order and cancel the old one. (There's an expired promotion I redeemed a ways back so canceling to upgrade to Release Day would end up costing me something like $20)

Edit: Just noticed that one part of the order has actually shipped and was in a different area. That item wasn't eligible for Release Day, so perhaps that's what screws things up. So I'm doubting there's much I can do, as when you checkout with multiple games and they are not all eligible for Release Day, they tend to split the order into two separate orders. I suppose I could ask for compensation by getting free One-Day shipping, but something tells me they probably wouldn't go for that.

In b4 OMG THIS IS NOT A DEAL!!

I've noticed since I've been in CAG that every single high profile game has been discounted on Amazon significantly (by $5-10) by the last month or two before release. Also expect a collector's/limited edition with lots of random crap.

If you're planning on pre-ordering, hold off until Jan. or Feb. at the very earliest.

[quote name='hypertails02']In b4 OMG THIS IS NOT A DEAL!!

I've noticed since I've been in CAG that every single high profile game has been discounted on Amazon significantly (by $5-10) by the last month or two before release. Also expect a collector's/limited edition with lots of random crap.

If you're planning on pre-ordering, hold off until Jan. or Feb. at the very earliest.[/QUOTE]
Amazon has a pre-order price guarantee, so no harm in pre-ordering now. That is unless you are waiting for a SE or CE.

bread's done
Back