20% Off Resident Evil; The Umbrella Chronicles Shot Blaster

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So they are discounting it to the price that other retailers charge for it?
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0...nt+evil+blaster&sprefix=resident+evil+blaster

I mean, really, their price is normally $26? What kind of price is that?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for linking to the Amazon product page. It includes several great user reviews on the Shot Blaster. Theirs is $19.99. Capcom's is $19.95. They're virtually the same price so, for all you fans of Capcom, why not support Capcom? If not for them, there would be no Resident Evil and no Resident Evil; Umbrella Chronicles Shot Blaster.

[quote name='D-J']Thanks for linking to the Amazon product page. It includes several great user reviews on the Shot Blaster. Theirs is $19.99. Capcom's is $19.95. They're virtually the same price so, for all you fans of Capcom, why not support Capcom? If not for them, there would be no Resident Evil and no Resident Evil; Umbrella Chronicles Shot Blaster.[/QUOTE]

Practically the same price, just the problem of them charging $6.10 for shipping as oppose to Amazon where you can just find a filler for $5 to get the shipping free, so you would get the blaster and something else for the same price Capcom is charging you, not to mention, Capcom wants to charge tax. O yeah, practically the same.

[quote name='Squarehard']Practically the same price, just the problem of them charging $6.10 for shipping as oppose to Amazon where you can just find a filler for $5 to get the shipping free, so you would get the blaster and something else for the same price Capcom is charging you, not to mention, Capcom wants to charge tax. O yeah, practically the same.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that big bad Capcom is out to "shaft" people. That's how they survive. By shafting their customers and making stuff no one wants. I'm also sure they "want to charge tax." It has nothing to do with the fact that they're in California and are required by law to charge tax on purchases made in the state. Buy it from Amazon along with that $5 "filler". I'm sure the "filler" will add enough value and stay out of the trash long enought to make it worth it. Either way, Capcom makes money on the purchase. I just prefer to directly support companies that make stuff I like whenever I can.

[quote name='D-J']Sorry to hear that big bad Capcom is out to "shaft" people. That's how they survive. By shafting their customers and making stuff no one wants. I'm also sure they "want to charge tax." It has nothing to do with the fact that they're in California and are required by law to charge tax on purchases made in the state. Buy it from Amazon along with that $5 "filler". I'm sure the "filler" will add enough value and stay out of the trash long enought to make it worth it. Either way, Capcom makes money on the purchase. I just prefer to directly support companies that make stuff I like whenever I can.[/QUOTE]

That's fine. You can support the company in your own way. Never said you couldn't. I just personally prefer to do it other ways. Since, like you said, the money is going to them either way if I bought it off Amazon or not. And I was only mentioning tax in comparison to Amazon not having to charge tax which makes the deal better through Amazon. And I, like most people who shops a lot on Amazon always gets something else anyways, and it normally is something else I needed anyways, so not a $5 filler, which I was just using as an example. I have made numerous purchases in the past where I actually bought other stuff I needed anyways but was just waiting for something else to be at the right price to make the purchase to get FSSS, which is a much better option in this case than having to pay for shipping and just get the gun and nothing else. The objective for most people on this site is to get the best deal they can for paying the least. I don't think this is the best deal I can get for the gun, so I told you what I preferred to do instead of wasting my money for overpriced shipping and then getting less in return. Some companies I am glad to support directly by spending a little more from their store directly, but Capcom is not one of them. Plus, I don't care to buy the gun from either place anyways since I already have Perfect Shots. The guns do look cool because there is a place to stick the nunchuk, but $20 still seems a lot for a Wii attachment. Maybe if it goes on sale for around $15 in the future I might look more into it.

I would think that Capcom could afford to sell the Blaster less than Amazon since, you know, they made the product (and no "middleman" is involved).

[quote name='Josef']I would think that Capcom could afford to sell the Blaster less than Amazon since, you know, they made the product (and no "middleman" is involved).[/QUOTE]

That would have been the logical thing to do. The description for the blaster is funny too,

"This is the official Resident Evil® The Umbrella Chronicles Shot Blaster that you have been trying so hard find, but is sold out everywhere!"

I guess they don't count Amazon into this "sold out everywhere!" But to be fair, I was not even aware they released this until the op made the post :eek:

How is buying this accessory from Amazon less supportive of Capcom when they made the item? Besides every time I order something from the Capcom store it takes forever and a day to arrive (though to be fair I only order from them when they have an exclusive preorder bonus or something that I want).

[quote name='Skoad']It's not heavy, just well-built. The fact that you can use it for ANY game makes it pretty worthwhile.

This guy seems to enjoy the company of men, but gives you a decent idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of6XVjh2qOY[/QUOTE]

I guess it is a cool gun. It even makes the guy who seems to enjoy the company of men look cool the way hes holding the gun. It also makes it easier to pistol whip my friends the way that the grip is done on the gun. Fun for hours! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

bread's done
Back