* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#3931 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

What sucks at most Sears that causes games to never move is the games are locked up, but there is no indication whatsoever about the prices of any title. The Kmart near me is the same, but there are at least a few price tags.

In any other store, they'll be individually labeled.

Oh, and those annoying $9.99 and up bins at both stores, still with no prices. The only way to know is to carry every title to the scanner, if the store has one. Or ask a clerk, who never acts like they want to help anyways. Then they all ring up for $19.99 and $29.99 anyways, so you go the easy route and shop somewhere else, where the employees do work and mark each item.

That's what I liked MOST about my closest Sears stores is that the clearance prices were NEVER marked right, so you'd get stuff marked MSRP for $1.97 eventually and it'd keep normal shnook consumers from buying everything up.

Everything being marked right=nothing left by the time it gets to a GOOD price.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#3932 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I checked the ONLY clearance game still around at my closest Sears today and I learned it's STILL frickin' $12.97.:roll:

:ps3:Rainbow Six Vegas 2-$12.97

Posted Image

#3933 dabamus   Banned Banned   4291 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

I spotted a bunch of dj heroes for 360 today for $30. Ps3 was still $50 though.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Too bad I see him being hit by a parked bus in the near future.

#3934 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:00 AM

I printed out some UPCs to see if any old PS2 games dropped, some are more than MSRP:
GH Rock the 80's PS2, $49.99!
Rock Band Track Pack 1 PS2, $19.99
Guitar Hero World Tour PS2, $39.99
Rock Band 2 PS2, $19.99
Lips (360), $49.99, I guess this will never go on clearance at that store

I figured some PS2 games might be on clearance since most stores are cutting back on their PS2 game selections but that isn't happening. I also saw NHL 07 for the 360 for $29.99, it's only over 4 years old, what's the rush to put it on clearance?

#3935 elessar123  

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

I think I've walked into Sears twice in the past 6 months, and I live less than a mile from one. Not that I buy anything else there, because everything always cost 20% or more than pretty much any other store. They wanted like $50 for a bathroom trashcan, and this was on sale. Really?

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#3936 snowmint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

snowmint

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

So I see Donkey Kong Barrel Blast at my sears. Could it be clearanced out already or even be zeroed out if I ring it up?

#3937 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

I am glad that I can use my Sears gift cards at Kmart.

#3938 TheHelix   CAGiversary! Silenced   2842 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheHelix

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

So while video game clearance continues to rot, I got a LEGO Atlantis set for my nephew half off for 7.50, and signed up for the stupid loyalty program.

WHY SEARS WHY

#3939 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9193 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:40 PM

I remember the good old days where I would go on the first Friday of the month and scan away at the games, many times finding good markdowns. That's all just a distant memory now.

I have to wonder though what's going to happen when they start running out of display space for all the older games that aren't selling because they're so much cheaper everywhere else.

#3940 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

I remember the good old days where I would go on the first Friday of the month and scan away at the games, many times finding good markdowns. That's all just a distant memory now.

I have to wonder though what's going to happen when they start running out of display space for all the older games that aren't selling because they're so much cheaper everywhere else.

I won't stay in long as I don't want to mess with the integrity of the thread at all, but I just wanted to say that clearance drops will occur again next month. Thanks.

#3941 typical guy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

typical guy

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

I won't stay in long as I don't want to mess with the integrity of the thread at all, but I just wanted to say that clearance drops will occur again next month. Thanks.

How much will they drop? For all systems?

#3942 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

How much will they drop? For all systems?

Hasn't been determined yet, but the budget opens up again in Feb.

#3943 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9193 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

I believe you mentioned the KMart drops in the KMart thread. Are the Sears drops going to be the same titles for the same prices? Or should we expect something different from Sears?

#3944 htown01   Texas CAG CAGiversary!   1136 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

It had been since August '10 that I had not been to Sears but about a week and a half ago I went to a couple of stores to see if I can find something.

The games I found in the clearance bin in August were still there. The majority of the games were still marked $19.99 but took about 6 or so games to the scanner to see if they have dropped.

:shock: They were still $19.99. It didn't drop 1ยข :lol:

That's good to know :D

#3945 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

I believe you mentioned the KMart drops in the KMart thread. Are the Sears drops going to be the same titles for the same prices? Or should we expect something different from Sears?

There will be similarities but also some variability depending upon weeks of supply etc.

Talk to you all later, I remember it not going to well when I was in the Kmart clearance thread so I'll definitely not make a splash here.

If any of you have any questions ever feel free to shoot me an email. Info can be located in the Kmartgamer thread OP.

#3946 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   9193 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

There will be similarities but also some variability depending upon weeks of supply etc.

Talk to you all later, I remember it not going to well when I was in the Kmart clearance thread so I'll definitely not make a splash here.

If any of you have any questions ever feel free to shoot me an email. Info can be located in the Kmartgamer thread OP.

No worries, and thanks for the info! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you have in store in the next month :) May actually make me walk into a Sears again for the first time in a LONG time.

#3947 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

My local Sears sure could use it. They've had the same "clearance" games out on the floor forever now and in the few times I've gone there they've always been the same because they're at such high prices.

#3948 snowmint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

snowmint

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

whats the website that generates barcode scans for Sears again?

#3949 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

upcdatabase.com

Posted Image

#3950 spedmunki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

spedmunki

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

Fuck sears man...ever since Sears Holding people started posting clearance has died at Kmart/Sears.

Yup. And the big problem is that a lot of people don't care and drool over getting mediocre deals from reps. This is quickly turning into moderatelyfrugalgamer.com

#3951 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6156 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

I'm curious to see if the clearance drops will be decent older games that are still full price or NCAA Football 2008.

#3952 nbballard   glad you didnt say banana CAGiversary!   3229 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

Yup. And the big problem is that a lot of people don't care and drool over getting mediocre deals from reps. This is quickly turning into moderatelyfrugalgamer.com

I can't help but think that most of the games that people buy at clearance prices are impulse purchases, and not things that they'd truly be interested in playing. I buy Sears clearance when it's cheap- but if i thought about it i'd realize most of those games are things I passed on for a reason (Folklore, Lair, Wet, etc).

It sucks that the clearance has cleaned up, but I would rather know that I can get 30% off a game while a title is still relevant and new, than wait an unspecified amount of time for the posability that the game may or may not drop in price (at which point i still need luck if some soccer mom beats me to the store).
Spoiler

#3953 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

I'm not convinced that the presence of the Sears reps on CAG had anything directly to do with clearance drying up. More than likely, when Sears got this new team handling games for the Sears and K-Mart stores, the change in clearance policies would have happened one way or the other, whether they were here on this site or not. Their appearance here is just one more sign of them being proactive about their jobs, not a cause for their actions.

I mean, that being said, it's obviously still valid to blame them for the change in clearance policies. But there's no point in the hostility toward the deals that they do post.

#3954 sdclippers   The Sinister Kid CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

sdclippers

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

I for one applaude our new overlords.
My next girl better be nothing like my ex girl.

#3955 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16051 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

don't bother arcane. there's a certain segment of CAG that's so angry they can't find more games like Beijing Olympics at $5 that they'll hate SHC crew forever.

#3956 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18927 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

don't bother arcane. there's a certain segment of CAG that's so angry they can't find more games like Beijing Olympics at $5 that they'll hate SHC crew forever.

WHOA Bro. Beijing is like the best $5 game evar!

Wrencrest.png

#3957 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

I'm not convinced that the presence of the Sears reps on CAG had anything directly to do with clearance drying up. More than likely, when Sears got this new team handling games for the Sears and K-Mart stores, the change in clearance policies would have happened one way or the other, whether they were here on this site or not. Their appearance here is just one more sign of them being proactive about their jobs, not a cause for their actions.

I mean, that being said, it's obviously still valid to blame them for the change in clearance policies. But there's no point in the hostility toward the deals that they do post.

Sure there is. With the 'deals' the reps have been posting you have to pay MSRP on most of them to start the deal, then get a coupon or points on some account that's LOCKED to Sears/Kmart. Then those coupons or points are set to expire within a certain timeframe, which means you either use them or lose them.

Maybe you're ok with paying MSRP to start the chain or train or whatever, but I'd rather have 30 games for $60(at $2 each) than two games at $60+.

Besides which, unless I had a ton of cheap credit from a place like Gamestop or Blockbuster I RARELY paid full MSRP for ANY game. The only exception I can think of to that rule is GTA IV Special Edition.

Patience is a virtue if you want an exceptional deal on a game. To me though it doesn't matter one bit if the game is still 'relevant' or newer, since I signed up here to get CHEAP deals on games. Again I say that paying MSRP or close is NOT cheap enough for me and many like me.

That's why I am hoping that TRU and Target don't get the same overzealous overhaul of their clearance schedule like happened with Sears/Kmart since they're still halfway decent(though I rarely find anything at Target due to stupid soccer moms buying shit at 15% off:roll:).

Posted Image

#3958 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16051 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Again I say that paying MSRP or close is NOT cheap enough for me and many like me.

Then don't buy it. Nobody said you had to shop at kmart or sears.

But stop bellyaching about the SHC reps and stop going into the kmart thread to find out how to exploit their coupons.

There are no more $5 clearance games. Crying like a girl about it for a year isn't bringing them back.

#3959 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Maybe you're ok with paying MSRP to start the chain or train or whatever, but I'd rather have 30 games for $60(at $2 each) than two games at $60+.

The thing is, that's not happening (at least not at Sears) anymore. Bitching about it isn't going to get you anywhere. The moment you say you only shop there for the bottom of the barrel clearance games, they stop caring what you think.

You want to make a statement? Stop shopping there at all. They're only making this change because they calculate that it will be better for business (which, let's face it, they're interested in their business, not in your cheap games). If it turns out that it's not better, then they'll have to do something else -- which may (or may not) be a return to your cheap games.

Honestly, the $2 clearance games weren't really sustainable, and I'm surprised they went on as long as they did. They were definitely taking a huge loss on those just to get them out of the inventory. Too much of that, and after a point it's not even worthwhile for them to continue to sell games at all. At least they're trying a different marketing strategy rather than just eliminating games entirely, which is honestly what I expected them to do.

And as for being ok with paying MSRP . . . Generally not, though it of course depends what game we're talking about. I'm not going to wait forever for a game that I really want to play to drop, and I'm not going to waste my time on a crap game just because it was cheap. Since the clearance has dried up, I haven't shopped at Sears at all (my vote with my wallet), and I've never shopped regularly at K-Mart because it's been such a clusterfuck every time I've tried.

#3960 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16051 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

The problem with some CAGs is they think they're actually a desirable market segment when they're the least desirable. It's fun to get the greatest deals and get stuff much cheaper than everyone else. It's a rush and I fully get it. But don't expect that the marketers and retailers are out to appeal to you. They don't teach you in business school to market towards the people who buy things at a loss for you.

There's nothing wrong with being uber-cheap. But you gotta understand what that means to the seller. It's like going to a party unshaven, unshowered, and smelling of piss and getting mad at the girls for ignoring you.