* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#4591 david12795  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

would it make sense to get the metal gear collection even though theyre coming out with the HD remake (ps3) ?

#4592 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Saw a couple black Wii's and an Acer 10.1 notebook (#1015PE) that have been in the case marked with clearance tags for a couple months. Might have to scan them this week...

Also found Dark Void :360: for $3.97.

#4593 Firecrest   BOOMSHALAKALAKA! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Firecrest

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:16 PM

Hmmm... if nobody buys a Wii at my store, maybe I can pick it up cheaper in a few months. It's the old Wii Sports only bundle, correct?

I'm surprised Prey is still $14.97. The game is ancient. It was definitely one of the first games I picked up for the 360.

Not sure about the specifics of the Black Wii bundle, I should have time to check tomorrow if nobody else knows.

But yeah, Sears has always been behind in terms of competitive pricing. Believe it or not, almost all of those old titles were just slashed from original MSRP prices .

EDIT: The 149.99 Wii bundles are in fact the newer Wii Sports/Resort bundle.

Edited by Firecrest, 20 June 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#4594 imacgod   Narf! CAGiversary!   1814 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

would it make sense to get the metal gear collection even though theyre coming out with the HD remake (ps3) ?

You could pick it up for the original Metal Gear Solid if you got a PS3 or a PSOne memory card.

But, I think the game is on PSN, if you prefer a digital copy that is transferable to a PSP.

#4595 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

My last trip to sears near eastford mall in Springfield mass had mirrors edge for the ps3 for 6.99. Good deal as I brought it for my girlfriends younger brother ( he loves free running ). I encourage everyone to try this underrated gem if you haven't already. You will love it !

Thanks! I shall look for this. :)

I was wondering if they'd have more chick games since there are a billion of them for guys. Any thing like this, with a girl that shoots, for PS3? They should make this game over and give her a gun. When I checked YouTube, I see her running a lot.

Edit: Just saw her take someone's gun and use it. WOOP!

Edited by ChunLiBarbie, 19 June 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#4596 dan13l858   R.I.P. Guru CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

@ FireCrest

Thanks for posting the list.

#4597 Sanjoelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

@ FireCrest

Thanks for posting the list.

Yes, thank you for taking the time. It's greatly appreciated.

#4598 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

Thanks! I shall look for this. :)

I was wondering if they'd have more chick games since there are a billion of them for guys. Any thing like this, with a girl that shoots, for PS3? They should make this game over and give her a gun. When I checked YouTube, I see her running a lot.

Edit: Just saw her take someone's gun and use it. WOOP!

Have you ever played WET? It's very stylized and Ruby does all sorts of John Woo Hong Kong-esque movie diving/rolling moves in the game.

It's a fun title, but only if you're a decent shot.:cry: I'm what you'd call a spray n prayer. I go through like 3 clips to kill a couple of enemies usually, unless I have a sniper rifle and a great hiding spot.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#4599 typical guy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

typical guy

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:24 AM

My Sears has Dead Space 2 LE in stock for 19.99. I am trying to figure out if I want it or not. I haven't played the first one yet.

By the way, has anyone checked out Kmart to see if they have a real clearance cycle going again? This is the third Sunday of the month which I believe is when they used to clearance stuff.

#4600 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

My Sears has Dead Space 2 LE in stock for 19.99. I am trying to figure out if I want it or not. I haven't played the first one yet.

By the way, has anyone checked out Kmart to see if they have a real clearance cycle going again? This is the third Sunday of the month which I believe is when they used to clearance stuff.

I believe the first or second post of the KmartGamer mega thread has a list of stuff that's on clearance there. Mostly stuff that's been $30 forever that's down to $20 this month(like :ps3:Oblivion GOTY), but as of now I don't think we're going to see any $3-4 games there.

I'm just glad that it seems like Sears has been allowed to go back to the old schedules and put shit down to really cheap prices. Some of these games I wouldn't try at $10-20, but for under $10 and some under $5 I'll take a chance on them.

Posted Image

#4601 Komalis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

I just wanted to add that I saw a PS2 Buzz Time trivia Robo something game w/buzzers today for a little under $6.00.

EDIT: Also got Guitar Hero Metallica for 360 @ $14.97.

#4602 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

Also, the PS2 Lego Batman bundle appears to be $80 on clearance at Sears.

Still not as good as the Toy Story 3 bundle I snagged from Target for $50.

But speaking of PS2's, the closest Sears to me has a couple vanilla systems buried in the PS3/PSP game case wayyyyy in the back. I'm gonna let em sit there n hope one of you guys say they're on clearance for X amount sometime soon, then I'll ask for a price check n grab a couple spares.;)

Posted Image

#4603 sp8001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   802 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

Picked up Raiden Fighter Aces (XB360 exclusive) for $9.97 today... Great price for a great collection of arcade classics.

Was $20 when released, but if you missed out on it... $10 is the lowest I've seen for a new copy. Another Sears had it listed at $8.97, but the dollar saved wouldn't have made up for the gas used.

#4604 mattrobertsjr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

mattrobertsjr

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

is the tony hawk skate board bundle with 18.57 ?

#4605 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:08 AM

I saw the PS2 Buzz robo triva game today at Sears for 9.99, I almost bought it and figured I could use the buzzers with other cheap buzz games from GS but it was the Jr. Edition and I don't have any kids to play it with so it would be pretty useless to me.

#4606 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

I went today, looking for that Mirror's Edge game. When I saw their clearance game prices, I L.M.F.A.O. They didn't have the game I went for, but I asked him if those were the correct 'clearance' prices and he said yes. I'm talkin', PS2 games for $20 and stuff like that. Don't remember, exactly. I laughed and said, ya'll will never sell those!

I did see a Wii on clearance for $129.xx with Wii Motion and controllers.

#4607 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:13 AM

Have you ever played WET? It's very stylized and Ruby does all sorts of John Woo Hong Kong-esque movie diving/rolling moves in the game.

It's a fun title, but only if you're a decent shot.:cry: I'm what you'd call a spray n prayer. I go through like 3 clips to kill a couple of enemies usually, unless I have a sniper rifle and a great hiding spot.;)

Thanks! I looked it up on YouTube. I will get that one!

#4608 NipPicker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:26 AM

sorry i invaded other CAG area . went to richmond ca and picked up a brand new MSI Netbook for only 55.97 than back track to fairfield and hoarded 10 sandisk mspd at 2.97 each and 2 ihome keyboard with ipod dock

#4609 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

Thanks! I looked it up on YouTube. I will get that one!

Glad I could help. By the way, it's not with a female lead character, but another stylized HK-esque game is John Woo's Stranglehold.

sorry i invaded other CAG area . went to richmond ca and picked up a brand new MSI Netbook for only 55.97 than back track to fairfield and hoarded 10 sandisk mspd at 2.97 each and 2 ihome keyboard with ipod dock

Wait. The netbooks are down to $56? :shock: I know what I'm looking for on my next trip to Sears.;)

You have a model # by any chance for it?

Posted Image

#4610 NipPicker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

Wait. The netbooks are down to $56? :shock: I know what I'm looking for on my next trip to Sears.;)

You have a model # by any chance for it?[/QUOTE]

model # MSI U160- i dont remember my bro say he want it and took it ...
UPC # 816909070866 according to the reciept.

#4611 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:20 AM

Thanks. Only the Kmarts where I'm headed today are showing them in stock. But I'll still take a look around the Sears stores I've had luck at with the clearance games recently.

If I find one it'll make for a nice present or most likely I'll use it myself.;)

Posted Image

#4612 mattrobertsjr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1069 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

mattrobertsjr

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

Tomb Raider Underworld - 3.97
Rachet & clank future a crack in time - 12.97

#4613 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

Glad I could help. By the way, it's not with a female lead character, but another stylized HK-esque game is John Woo's Stranglehold.

You have a model # by any chance for it?

Thanks! I think I'll pass on Stranglehold and search for that Netbook!:D

#4614 Plantguy7   Awesomesauce CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

I got Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time for 12.xx the other day
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4615 callmewoof   Really, call me Woof CAGiversary!   923 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Tried searching but couldn't find it - the netbooks are at sears or kmart? I'm lost as always
Say, "fuzzy pickles."

Posted Image

#4616 Darth Indy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Darth Indy

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

Anybody know if batman arkham asylum is clearanced?

#4617 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

Alright, so who in Syracuse(NY) area stashed the copy of Brutal Legend that was at the Shoppingtown Mall in Dewitt so that even the employees can't find it?:bomb:

I went there today while out of town for work to buy it and it was MIA, even though the Google shopping thing says it's in stock there.:roll:

Posted Image

#4618 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:54 AM

I got Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time for 12.xx the other day

Am I the only one here who likes ratchet and clank more than Mario right now ? Ratchet rules ! Atomic crotchitizer ftw Lol. enjoy crack in time as its arguably the best of the series or at least as good as up your arsenal imo
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#4619 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:59 AM

I went today, looking for that Mirror's Edge game. When I saw their clearance game prices, I L.M.F.A.O. They didn't have the game I went for, but I asked him if those were the correct 'clearance' prices and he said yes. I'm talkin', PS2 games for $20 and stuff like that. Don't remember, exactly. I laughed and said, ya'll will never sell those!

I did see a Wii on clearance for $129.xx with Wii Motion and controllers.

I almost gave up looking for mirrors edge when I went but low and behold, a copy was sitting under a stack of singularity copies. Oh and I also had the same reaction you did when I saw the clearance prices lol.
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#4620 MightySlacker   RANCH! RANCH! RANCH! CAGiversary!   2542 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

MightySlacker

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

At a sears I went to the other day, there was a manager telling an employee to push two items as on Thursday they'd be zero'd out of the system. One was some sort of HD blogging camera, the other was a red 12.1 mp camera, both were around $35-40

Dave
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.