* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#5731 crazedracerguy   Clearance Devil! CAGiversary!   4572 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Saw 4 60GB starter kits in my local Sears at lunch. I have no need for them. I left them on the shelf... No insanely cheap games, except :ps3: band hero band kit for $29.99. If I didn't already have a fucking festival show worth of plastic band shit, I might have been interested.

No Tom Tom 540 (dammit), though they had a couple of other GPS units on clearance for decent prices. May go back and get one once I get paid next week.

Currently Playing:

:xb1: Call of Duty:BO3 MP, Rocksmith 2014

#5732 devin305   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

devin305

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

What sucks is I didn't notice till I got home that they didn't give me my receipt in the bag.:roll: This now makes the second time I've had an issue with a Sears Holding Corp store, though the first one was at least partially my fault cuz I didn't fully check the damned shrinkwrap on it before I left the store and the game was MIA. But SHC-Gamer is comping me for the bs at my closest store AND the missing game via a gc, so all's well on that front.;)

I signed up for the Sears reward program and they email my receipts to me as well as giving me a physical one.

By the way, I appreciate all of your contributions over the years!

#5733 mattyg00013   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

mattyg00013

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Got a couple of the Xbox 60GB Starter Bundles yesterday, replaced my old 20GBs with those, good deal. I did notice though that the Xbox Live 3 Month cards say that they have expired, has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I have not started up my system, was going to wait until my current sub expires to use these but now I am kind of curious.

Also picked up
Soul Calibur IV $5
Riddick $5
Red Faction $5
$Skate 2 $5
Some great cheap titles for sure, thanks for the heads up OP.

#5734 PurpleJesus74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

PurpleJesus74

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Finally registered,been on bluray.com for a while,but they had no info. about Sears.Between 3 stores i got:
:ps3: MLB 09- $5
Skate 2 - $5
Dark Void - $4
Burnout Paradise - $5
Alpha Protocol - $5
Also found and bought 1 DS3 -silver- $19.97

:wii: Deadspace Extraction - $5
NHL 2K10 - $6
These stores didnt know anything about the additional 33 % off clearance games unfortunately.
Saw some ok looking Sony digital cameras,kinda need a new one,but hoping they'll go cheaper.I think i'm done with Sears for now,but these sales are addicting,its like a crack fiend chasing your next high,lol.Only kidding,i don't do drugs.

#5735 newbslice   Moose Knuckle CAGiversary!   226 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

Just got back from my Sears and apparently they didn't get the memo that clearance isn't $40 on 2 yr old games, didn't find one game for sale under 20

#5736 goodbyetonight   ice princess CAGiversary!   779 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

goodbyetonight

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

Had a nice haul today.

:ps3:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - $8
Singularity - $5

:360:
3-month gold card - $4
60 GB Starter Kit - $20
Chronicles of Riddick - $5
Mass Effect - $5

I was planning on trading in Mass Effect and Riddick to Gamestop to go towards the 3 for an extra $10 since I already have both but seeing as how Riddick only trades in for $1.50 that's now a birthday present for a friend. I also don't need the 60 GB hard drive so if anyone's interested, let me know.

Edited by goodbyetonight, 11 August 2011 - 12:57 AM.

98799.png

#5737 envelopes   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   476 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

picked up :ps3: prince of persia for 4.97 today. I only went because google told me they had :ps3: alpha protocol. Lying google.

#5738 sfabo   bro CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Got a couple of the Xbox 60GB Starter Bundles yesterday, replaced my old 20GBs with those, good deal. I did notice though that the Xbox Live 3 Month cards say that they have expired, has anyone had a chance to try them out yet? I have not started up my system, was going to wait until my current sub expires to use these but now I am kind of curious.

Can anyone confirm if they are expired?

#5739 MiraiLink   Rip City! CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

I can confirm that they have not expired. After reading both of your posts, I went and redeemed my 3 months from the Starter Bundle and it worked just fine.

#5740 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

If it's on a card they don't expire and if for some reason it won't work I am pretty sure you can contact MS about the problem.

#5741 preston181   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1196 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

preston181

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

Any word on the availability of these netbooks and Xbox Live cards that people have mentioned on here? Are they YMMV or more nationalized? Also, any word if Kmarts are matching their clearance pricing?

#5742 gaggil   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

Yeah, I bought a wireless headset from blockbuster a couple months ago. Out of the box, it appeared to be DOA, the lights couldn't come on to indicate it was charging when I plugged it in. But I left it plugged into a USB port for several hours, then unplugged it, and plugged it back in. This time, it did light up. Left it charge overnight, and now it works fine. So it was just a case of the battery being so completely depleted that it couldn't run the lights, but it did absorb at least a partial charge. So try that if you're otherwise stuck. Edit - to clarify, I used a USB port on my computer, so I didn't have to leave the xbox on overnight.

The headset I bought a few days ago charged with no problem
Plugged it in and lights started flashing and started charging right away.

#5743 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

Any word on the availability of these netbooks and Xbox Live cards that people have mentioned on here? Are they YMMV or more nationalized? Also, any word if Kmarts are matching their clearance pricing?

Use Google Shopping to see if any Sears stores by you have them in stock. Just search 7" Sylvania Netbook on Google Shopping and it should bring up your local Sears stores and tell you if there are any in stock and/or what price they'd be.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5744 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:39 AM

Is that netbook even worth it, the reviews seem really crappy on it.

#5745 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:45 AM

I didn't realize Fight Night 3 was $5 until I read the thread last night. I had just been at Sears and they still had a copy marked at $15 so I thought I was golden. Stopped in today and they finally decided to tag the new drops... and Fight Night was gone. But they did consolidate some of the clearance stuff and I found a few new items to pick up.

Grabbed a PS3 charging base $9.97, a Wii classic controller $4.97 and a PSP 2gb memory Stick Pro Duo $4.97.

I looked through the thread but I didn't see anything about the DJ Hero 2 bundles but apparently they dropped pretty low because they had four last night and none today. I did see that they have the white and black Wii consoles on clearance for $149. I'll be watching the black ones for a further drop.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#5746 cat_tango   I love Atlus! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

cat_tango

Posted 11 August 2011 - 12:47 AM

Is that netbook even worth it, the reviews seem really crappy on it.

We bought two and are using one to test different OS stuff. Right now we have Android running on it. Helps though that my fiance is a computer scientist. :p I don't know what your average CAG could do with it. I certainly couldn't do as much as he has. For $12 (at our store) it was totally worth it to play around on.

#5747 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

It says I have one near me but the price says $50 so I think I just may pass on it. The only reason I would want one is if I go on a trip and I wouldn't have to worry over a non expensive item.

#5748 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:24 AM

We bought two and are using one to test different OS stuff. Right now we have Android running on it. Helps though that my fiance is a computer scientist. :p I don't know what your average CAG could do with it. I certainly couldn't do as much as he has. For $12 (at our store) it was totally worth it to play around on.

Wait, you got Android onto it? I thought that Windows CE was flashed onto the ROM and you couldn't get rid of it?

Can you give me a walkthrough on how you did it?

#5749 donniedroc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:42 AM

I managed to pick up the 60 gig starter kit for xbox at the Merritt Square mall for $20, for those in the FL Space Coast area. There were 2 left.

#5750 xDerekRx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:01 AM

Did well at one of my local sears

Guitar Hero 5 bundle Wii - 14.97
60gb hd kit 360 - 19.97
PS2 controller - 4.97
Powershot A490 - 24.97

#5751 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:58 AM

There are many of the 60 GB starter kits in the (southern) boston area. I picked up a few to upgrade my xbox. Also picked up a few copies of the following:

:ps3: Singularity x 2
:ps3: Red faction: Guerrilla x 2
:360: Raiden fighter aces

All for 4.97 each.

Also found 2x Silver Dual Shock 3's which I was quite surprised I found. Was looking for a silver ps2, but there are none in the area, but I did find the 8mb memory card for 4.97 also, so I'm happy!

This thread is becoming one of my favorites again.

Edited by shivan128, 11 August 2011 - 04:20 AM.

#5752 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

Powershot A490 - 24.97

Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Although the families car is going in the shop tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get to that store to get it before it gets snatched up.:cry: But it's probably only the display model left by now with none of the accessories it comes with or even a damned box at this point.:bomb:

Was looking for a silver ps3, but there are none in the area, but I did find the 8mb memory card for 4.97 also, so I'm happy!

This thread is becoming one of my favorites again.

I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#5753 cat_tango   I love Atlus! CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

cat_tango

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

Wait, you got Android onto it? I thought that Windows CE was flashed onto the ROM and you couldn't get rid of it?

Can you give me a walkthrough on how you did it?

My fiance says you don't want a walkthrough due to how crazy hard it was, but here are the links we used, from earlier in the thread:
http://www.chatnfiles.com/netbook.htm
http://tech.groups.y...lvania_netbook/
ftp://files.chatnfiles.com/Sylvania_netbook

Good luck!

#5754 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

I still have one of the red/blue two packs from when Sears cleared those out a couple of years ago. They're sitting right here in front of me still sealed. But with every retailer clearing out PS2's and PS2 accessories now, it seems like a no brainer to pick this stuff up for the secondary market cuz once the stock of these items is depleted then the value should shoot up a bit.

I know waht you mean!! I wasn't really looking for the memory cards, but what the heck, for $5, I'll splurge. ;) Gotta find some of those 360 play and charge kits though, I have some controllers that could use them!

#5755 msriflegirl   All your base... CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

msriflegirl

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

I picked up the last :ps3: Singularity for $5 in Fayetteville, NC. They had 2 of the Xbox starter kits, but I passed since I don't have an Xbox.

msriflegirl.png

#5756 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

I could use a play and charge kit mabye i should go to sears and take my chances
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#5757 RealDeals   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

I picked up the last :ps3: Singularity for $5 in Fayetteville, NC. They had 2 of the Xbox starter kits, but I passed since I don't have an Xbox.

Got $5 back on Singularity after I originally got it for $10. Thanks for the update on that :)

#5758 Vader582   Dark Lord of Savings CAGiversary!   3046 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Ah, good ol' Fayettenam. My old stomping ground. If only I knew about clearance back then like I do now. :lol:
That whole Cross Creek area seems like such a pain to get around now.

Singularity is enjoyable so far. The only thing I don't like is that there is no way to restart an entire level. You are stuck with using the last checkpoint, so make your decisions wisely in the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#5759 UNC5052   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

Got $5 back on Singularity after I originally got it for $10. Thanks for the update on that :)

Was it still within the 14 day return/price guarantee period? I bought mine for $10 about a month ago and I was wondering if I would still be able to get $5 back.

#5760 xDerekRx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

Interesting. I just searched using Google Shopping and one of my local stores is showing it in stock...for $14.97. A digital camera that's actually major name brand....for under $20....hell yeah.;)

Although the families car is going in the shop tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to get to that store to get it before it gets snatched up.:cry: But it's probably only the display model left by now with none of the accessories it comes with or even a damned box at this point.:bomb:

Yeah I was shocked to see them sitting there. They were marked 24.97 too. Its a very decent 10mp camera. I saw on my phone they generally bring 80$ on ebay so well worth the pickup. They had 3 at my Sears so I grabbed 2. 1 is an easy gift for my parents.

They had a ton of other cameras on clearance. Going back today to check them out again to see if there are any more gems. I remember when I worked at Sears last year this was around the time of year when lots of good camera clearances happen.