* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#6751 hamiltito   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   28 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

hamiltito

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I tried Montgomery Mall, MD, yesterday with no luck. (Google showed limited stock.)

While there, I noticed a couple copies of Forza 4 in the clearance bin for $24.97, and at least one copy of the newest Professor Layton game for $19.97.

#6752 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

Save some time. I just left there. The employee was a jerk and they didn't have any left.

At the Cambridge store? Bleh, ohhhh well. Thanks for the heads up.

#6753 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

There were some Hannah montana PSP's at the Niagara Falls, NY Sears for $129 the last time I checked, however I don't think anyone here wants one. If you do want one, they are the 3000 model, and I have no idea if they are still there or not.

#6754 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

STAY AWAY FROM MY HANNAH PSP! :)
The Sears in McKinley has three of them for $100. I want it for my girl, but don't want to spend more than $75. Here's to hoping they last that long.

#6755 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1172 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Thanks to Google shopping, I located a white PSP go for $49.99 at a Sears location 40 miles away (Central CA) yesterday. I'm satisfied with the deal, but the system had to have been a return. The system itself had no plastic on it at all & the firmware was updated to 6.60 out of the box. Still satisfied with it either way. Now to get some accessories!
Posted Image

#6756 htz  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

You drove 40 miles for a psp, and a partially used one at that... How much did gas cost you?

#6757 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thanks to Google shopping, I located a white PSP go for $49.99 at a Sears location 40 miles away (Central CA) yesterday. I'm satisfied with the deal, but the system had to have been a return. The system itself had no plastic on it at all & the firmware was updated to 6.60 out of the box. Still satisfied with it either way. Now to get some accessories!

or maybe it was a switch-a-roo ? Either way, congrats on finding one!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#6758 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I wouldn't wait too long, every retailer has been clearancing the PSP Go accessories for at least the past three months. Between Sears, Toys R Us, Target and Wal-Mart I think I have picked up every Go accessory available!
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#6759 jedifrog21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

jedifrog21

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Nothing gaming related or whatever. I couldn't find a PSPgo but oh well.

I thought I share this out.

Good potential flip ($40 - $60 on eBay) or basic backup phone for T-mobile users.

My sears had these prepaid phone below on clearance. I just did a quick Google Shopping for more and it appears all of my local Sears except for one (30 miles way) is OOS of them.

Samsung t239 $4.97 each
Samsung t369 $9.97 each

I ended up selling 5 t239 and 2 T369 to some guy on craigslist for $225 (extra Vegas money on 3/23).

One for me (T369) just in case my T-mobile phone is broken, stolen, or lost.

Note: They can be used as a regular phone, simply by putting in your SIM card with your t-mobile service.

I WISH I could've found either of those at my Sears but they only have Verizon and Trac phones. So I went to Sears today originally to pricematch the Toysrus Skylander sale. Picked up a 360 and 3DS starter pack for like $32 each almost. The manager comes out and remembers me from August when I pricematched the Toysrus GH guitar bundles for a crazy discount. He asked if I was looking for a camera cuz he had some clearanced out back. It's the GE A1455 for FREAKIN $16.97! I got the 4 they had for me and my family. 14 megapixels, 5x optical zoom. Idk if it's only one color or all of them but they only had red. UPC is 810027015532. Let me organize that better:

GE A1455 Digital Camera $16.97 (Red. not sure if all colors clearanced or not. My store only had red)
14 megapixels 5x optical zoom
UPC 810027015532

Then while I was there and they wanted to help I asked about the PSP Go. They had three of those for $49.97! What a day! Sorry CAGers, these are all spoken for. If there are more at another Sears and I go I'll pick them up

#6760 mjgunn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

So I've gathered from the posts here that google shoppings inventory is kind of touch and go and limited stock is just as likely to mean out of stock. But how about the pricing? I'm showing a sears near me limited stock but priced at $99

#6761 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Christmas in March, enjoy!

#6762 DerClaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

There is a sears here that I think is closing. Is it worthwhile to go to those early or do they do like most closeouts and mark everything up to a billion times MSRP and then start the markdowns from there?

#6763 Collectorguy00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   646 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Collectorguy00

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

I scored a lone PSP Go at my limited stock today! If anyone is looking for one and has that Canon in stock around them PM me and we can work something out!
Posted ImagePosted Image
"I'd rather Rashad win because he got a big mouth and I don't like the fact that he play with his nipples right before he go and fight another man, that's gay!" Rampage Jackson on Evans vs Machida

#6764 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

GE A1455 Digital Camera $16.97 (Red. not sure if all colors clearanced or not. My store only had red)
UPC 810027015532

I'd definitely pick up an extra camera at that price. Is it worthwhile to call ahead or is that a HUGE no-no with sears?

#6765 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

It's very YMMV. All I can say is that in my experience, Limited Stock always means that it's not in stock. And the prices are rarely accurate.

#6766 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

WTF?

Very, very odd...

For the past few days, only the black PSPgo has been showing up saying 7 nearby stores used to have it.

Now, the white 1 is showing up(for the first time) as 9 stores had it and the black is showing up as 9 stores had it. The black 1 added 2 stores and the white 1 is just being listed.

Maybe they had too many calls about them...

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#6767 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

I'd definitely pick up an extra camera at that price. Is it worthwhile to call ahead or is that a HUGE no-no with sears?

I already checked and it's showing OOS for all three of the local stores. Moreover, the prices listed on Google Shopping for it are $100 or only slightly under and nowhere near the $17 someone else got them for.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#6768 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

I see a PSP Sports Pack with Madden 12 showing up for $95.99... out of stock.

...and, unless they had stock elsewhere, I wiped those Wii 2000 points $8.97 cards out some days ago, but they are showing up.

Edit: Madden 12 & Need for Speed: Shift is in the bundle.

Edited by ChunLiBarbie, 12 March 2012 - 10:46 PM.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#6769 thebytewasbit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1542 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

thebytewasbit

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Keeping an eye on this 250 gig 360 slim hdd. Currently at $64.97. Might bite if it hits $40 or less.

#6770 PurpleJesus74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

PurpleJesus74

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

There is a sears here that I think is closing. Is it worthwhile to go to those early or do they do like most closeouts and mark everything up to a billion times MSRP and then start the markdowns from there?

I have a Sears thats closing,their video games were 40% off even off clearance prices i believe,but i didnt see anything i couldnt live without or didnt have.Not sure if they'll drop more or when the store closes.

#6771 goodnight144   Bear CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

goodnight144

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Stopped by my local sears tonight and got the last two wii points cards for 11.87 a piece. The guy told me that they are going to clearance out all of their game stuff in the next couple of months because they aren't going to sell games anymore. Not sure if that is just that location or nationwide.

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#6772 aleraiders   Drop that beat! CAGiversary!   807 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

aleraiders

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

Keeping an eye on this 250 gig 360 slim hdd. Currently at $64.97. Might bite if it hits $40 or less.

what about the fat HD's??? i saw a few for about $100 or so

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....

#6773 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

Stopped by my local sears tonight and got the last two wii points cards for 11.87 a piece. The guy told me that they are going to clearance out all of their game stuff in the next couple of months because they aren't going to sell games anymore. Not sure if that is just that location or nationwide.

Just going by the amount of stuff on ImperialPie's lists I would say that's not really too far fetched. I know some Sears stores already stopped selling games a while ago. But with the condition Sears Holding is in where they're doing more store closings and are back on the verge of disappearing completely again I wouldn't doubt that they want to eliminate all unprofitable stores and departments as quickly as possible.

Posted Image

#6774 jedifrog21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

jedifrog21

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

I WISH I could've found either of those at my Sears but they only have Verizon and Trac phones. So I went to Sears today originally to pricematch the Toysrus Skylander sale. Picked up a 360 and 3DS starter pack for like $32 each almost. The manager comes out and remembers me from August when I pricematched the Toysrus GH guitar bundles for a crazy discount. He asked if I was looking for a camera cuz he had some clearanced out back. It's the GE A1455 for FREAKIN $16.97! I got the 4 they had for me and my family. 14 megapixels, 5x optical zoom. Idk if it's only one color or all of them but they only had red. UPC is 810027015532. Let me organize that better:

UPC 810027015532

Then while I was there and they wanted to help I asked about the PSP Go. They had three of those for $49.97! What a day! Sorry CAGers, these are all spoken for. If there are more at another Sears and I go I'll pick them up

I just wanted to update my adventure today. Went to two other Sears. No PSP Go Pearl Whites, sorry everyone, and that digital camera was nowhere to be found. Google shopping shows three other Sears that have them listed for $79.99 but are out of stock. No clue why my store had such a huge difference in price

#6775 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

Tried one store today near the outskirts of Boston. The guy vehemently denied that there was any stock at his location. I asked him if he could check the warehouse where I go for merchandise pickup. He chortled and said all his stock is out here. I gave him the number from my sears e-receipt for him to check stock. Again he said he had none... but punched in the number.

Sure enough, there were 2 in stock. He muttered something and then called one of the warehouse guys. They exchanged pleasantries and the guy asked if he had any psp go's in the warehouse. The guy on the other side replied almost immediately no... end of story, at that point he refused to help me any more. These guys sucked worse than the guys at the gallieria!! I just know that 6-9 months down the line, i'll see these psp's on the shelf somewhere marked on clearance.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#6776 ImperialPie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

ImperialPie

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Just going by the amount of stuff on ImperialPie's lists I would say that's not really too far fetched. I know some Sears stores already stopped selling games a while ago. But with the condition Sears Holding is in where they're doing more store closings and are back on the verge of disappearing completely again I wouldn't doubt that they want to eliminate all unprofitable stores and departments as quickly as possible.

I'm starting to believe this too. However we did just get PS Vita stuff and a few new games in the last month. My guess is that they will offer fewer games but continue to sell more systems.

#6777 dinovelvet   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3454 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

dinovelvet

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

I'm starting to believe this too. However we did just get PS Vita stuff and a few new games in the last month. My guess is that they will offer fewer games but continue to sell more systems.

Yeah I'm guessing maybe they will scale it back to AAA titles only. I've never actually seen another human being buy a game when I've been in there!

#6778 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Yeah I'm guessing maybe they will scale it back to AAA titles only. I've never actually seen another human being buy a game when I've been in there!

The only other people I've seen buying games in Sears(or even Kmart) were other CAG's or the very occasional soccer mom who was gonna buy stuff at full MSRP. Very rare to see anyone outside of the employees and the rare tv/appliance shopper in electronics in Sears.

Posted Image

#6779 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

The only time I see people buying games at Sears is during the holiday season or if a new popular game was just released and everyone else is sold out so some people go to Sears probably after checking Gamestop and other stores.

#6780 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   13400 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

Didn't someone say the points cards in the plastic prisons were on clearance? When I took a 1600 points card to the register it rang up as $24.99 LoL!

No go on PSP Go (south St. Louis County mall) but I did get Motorstorm: Arctic Edge on PSP for $2.97 + tax.