* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#7381 No.   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'll second getting Chinese knockoffs of memory sticks and such. I have 2 4GBs for my PSP that cost ~$6 overall. The speed may not be the greatest, but they've worked for 3+ years now. And some cheap USB flash drives.

#7382 Lkr721993   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Went to my Sears for the first time ever today. They had several PS2 games, I don't remember many prices. What I remember for PS2 was God of War for $5 and Hot Shots Tennis for $5 or less. I was going to pick up God of War until I found the rack of dozens of God of War HD Collections for PS3 at $20 which I picked up. There was a wall of clearance Wii shovelware and some older DS games(quality games, marked clearance, but still $30. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc). For 3DS, games like Ridge Racer, PES, and I think SS3D were $17. I'm not sure if Tiger Woods 12 is this year's version or last year's version, but it was $30 for PS3/360. Not much more stuck out other than 4000 MS points for $40. This has all probably been reported, but figured I'd just leave some of the things I saw in case anyone was interested

is there a way to search inventory for a sears store?

#7383 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

You're the first person I've encountered that has said something positive about the knock-offs from China.

Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.

#7384 Lkr721993   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:36 AM

Well, to be fair, a lot of shoddy products come out of China (and it would be crazy to anything expensive). Because of that, I think most people aren't even willing to take a chance when it comes to electronics, which is fair. But I've been using cables and memory devices from there for a long time now and, like I said, I've had almost no trouble. A lot of times, they actually just take name brands (possibly stolen from factories?) and put them in new cases. On several occasions, I've bought these things and opened them up to find Seagate, Western Digital, and Kingston products inside.

Maybe I'm just really lucky, but when so little money is involved and you have Paypal's buyer protection, it's worth taking a chance.

i definitely agree on small trivial things. i ordered some 95 cents blutooth adapter for my laptop from meritline that ships straight from China. if it works for even 5 hours I'd be satisfied at that price lol. i would never take a chance on a hard drive though, even though they all have a lifespan, i'd just be too scared it would crap out on me really early

#7385 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

Don't those guys make all the ipads, iphones, and Ipods? I think they make everything right? I did buy some cheap shipping tape that had Made in the USA printed proudly on it! Yay us.:cry:

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#7386 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Don't those guys make all the ipads, iphones, and Ipods? I think they make everything right? I did buy some cheap shipping tape that had Made in the USA printed proudly on it! Yay us.:cry:

Funniest(and/or saddest) thing I ever saw was during the period just after the 9/11 attacks. I went to Wal*Mart and looked for a U.S. flag set. Guess where they were made: CHINA!!:lol::roll::-#

The most disgusting thing I ever saw though was about 4 months later. I received a pack of advertisements in an envelope, one of which was using an image of the Twin Towers burning after the planes hit. It was an ad for insurance of some kind.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7387 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

May stickers were on the games last night. NHL was re-stickered but still stuck at the low price of $39.97. It was the same price last month.

Game sales are still alive at my store, because I saw Max Payne 3 there.

#7388 PenguinoMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3411 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

There are about 8-9 Bloggie Touches available at the McKinley mall in Buffalo, NY. I think someone on here lives around there.

#7389 XF Gator   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   651 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'll second getting Chinese knockoffs of memory sticks and such. I have 2 4GBs for my PSP that cost ~$6 overall. The speed may not be the greatest, but they've worked for 3+ years now. And some cheap USB flash drives.

Wouldn't recommend you ever do anything financial or work related on a computer touched by those memory cards, it's well known the knock offs can be preloaded with back door software. The us military banned flash drives, shit is real. Like the one guy said maybe you're just lucky, and got a good deal :) Computer AIDS is no problem to a smart shopper like you.

#7390 Lkr721993   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

has the kinect for $50 been spotted in multiple stores? google shopping shows it as $150 at my sears, not sure if i should call or not

#7391 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Sears just started printing out a SYWR coupon today(?) at my local Sears. I wish I could make any sense of this, like if you get the points for buying video games or what the deal is. If it's a decent coupon, it might be handy for picking up clearance stuff at sears.

Earn $10 in Points
Kmart DVD &VDO Games

Kmart is within 5 miles from here!
Did you knwo you can earn & redeem
Points at all Sears and Kmart locations?
Check out more details at
www.shopyourway.com/rewards
This offer valid at Kmart only. ZJQ1993

I'd post the 16 digit code, but the barcode is limited to one use only, I believe. If someone could clarify if you actually have to buy something from Kmart to get the points added, or just scanning the coupon when you make ANY purchase will qualify you for the $10 in points.
Posted Image

#7392 WesWarlord   I'll Take the Case! CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

WesWarlord

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

I didn't pick up one up but for the price I might go back.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.

#7393 Lkr721993   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

I went to Sears hoping to find some goodies for my newly acquired PSPGo. I didn't really see anything but the 2gb M2 cards were marked at $1.97.

Anyone know what the price for a 12 month Xbox live mess. Kit with PGR might be? It looked old as hell but since I was with my family i didn't care to ask for a price check.

it was $60 at my sears according to the sticker and google shopping

#7394 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Anyone purchased a pearl white pspgo recently? Sears is charging me the full price because its no longer in the system so their going by the sticker price.

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#7395 jedifrog21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

jedifrog21

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Anyone purchased a pearl white pspgo recently? Sears is charging me the full price because its no longer in the system so their going by the sticker price.

I got mine back in March and it was $49.97. Surprised it didn't drop further than that

#7396 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

If it had dropped to 90% off, I probably would've taken mine back in and done a return/rebuy. Mind ya, I'm finally getting some use out of one of them and I sold one to someone on Amazon.;)

Posted Image

#7397 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

Shock to hear they still carry it since it was clearance last year. I got 4GB Sony pro duo for $2.97 each. I helped a followed CAG here named Toldawg128.

#7398 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Does anyone have prices on the PS3 move bundles? There is the sports champions bundle with 1 game then there is another bundle with 2 games. The only price I could see was 99.99, but I am suspecting lower.

#7399 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I got mine back in March and it was $49.97. Surprised it didn't drop further than that

Were they able to scan the barcode? The sales rep said only way they can sell me the pspgo is by manually entering in the price and they won't go any lower than the retail price of 199.99.

Marauder7.png
xTk9ZSWVW4Q9tUFpbq.gif

#7400 jedifrog21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

jedifrog21

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Were they able to scan the barcode? The sales rep said only way they can sell me the pspgo is by manually entering in the price and they won't go any lower than the retail price of 199.99.

Yeah was marked $249.99 and rang up $49.97

#7401 coopscohen   All Skill, No Luck CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Just found out my nearest Sears is going to stop selling games. They just started to clearance things so prices are still high but I did manage to pick up a PS3 Bundle Pack of Dark Sector and Beowulf for $4.97.

#7402 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Just found out my nearest Sears is going to stop selling games. They just started to clearance things so prices are still high but I did manage to pick up a PS3 Bundle Pack of Dark Sector and Beowulf for $4.97.

Im at springfield massichusates for my vacation right now and a Sears there said this same thing. Most of the games left are at msrp but that wont be for that much longer. This i need to keep an eye on
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#7403 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

Does anyone have prices on the PS3 move bundles? There is the sports champions bundle with 1 game then there is another bundle with 2 games. The only price I could see was 99.99, but I am suspecting lower.

I think the Sports Champions Bundle is $89.97

#7404 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

It looks like the 2-game bundle is $69 at Amazon so as of right now that is my better deal, as I have credit to Amazon, and enough credit to completely cover the bundle. I don't need it right away so I will keep shopping around though. I won a $50 gift card to a local mall, which I am sure I can easily burn in their Sears or Gamestop!

#7405 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

Not sure if anyone notice, but they clearance:

Xbox 360 storage tower for $2.99
Nintendo DS XL case for $2.99
official sony component cable ps3 $10

The package says official sony component cable ps3/PS2.
It says it works for PS3 and PS2 consoles. Does this work with PS2 slim?
Does this improve the video/sound on the PS2?
I was debating on this, but I dont have a Ps3 and only a PS2 phat.
Anyone know anything about this cables?

Also, I was looking for a component cable for a sony s580 blu ray player.
cause im using the cables that came in the box. Is there a big difference? I do have HDMI cables, but my Tv is from 2005 and doesnt have HDMI port.
I guess component cables huge improvement to HD?

#7406 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12028 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:04 AM

It was a world of difference back then going from composite to component. The cables should work with a phat. The list of 16:9 480p/1080i games is here - http://en.wikipedia....with_HD_support

Component cables - http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

Larger/smaller available depending on what you need.

#7407 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2225 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Not just should but *will* work on either a PS2 phat, PS2 slim, or PS3. I have a set of cables that I have used on all three models. The connection is exactly the same. You'll be fine.

#7408 goodnight144   Bear CAGiversary!   437 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

goodnight144

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Dang these were at $20 still last time I saw them, I want one but my buying price is $10 because that is really all its worth to me. I might have to stop by there today and see if they reduced them any more at my sears.

Wanted:
Halo 3 headset that came with Halo 3 edition Xbox 360

Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/...&_sop=12&_rdc=1

#7409 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6150 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Not sure if this is a new drop or just a price error, but a Sears near my gf has the Band Hero Bundle for 360 for 2.97

http://www.google.co...d=0CF4QqgwwAThQ

#7410 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

Nintendo DS XL case for $2.99
official sony component cable ps3 $10

The package says official sony component cable ps3/PS2.
It says it works for PS3 and PS2 consoles. Does this work with PS2 slim?
Does this improve the video/sound on the PS2?
I was debating on this, but I dont have a Ps3 and only a PS2 phat.
Anyone know anything about this cables?

Also, I was looking for a component cable for a sony s580 blu ray player.
cause im using the cables that came in the box. Is there a big difference? I do have HDMI cables, but my Tv is from 2005 and doesnt have HDMI port.
I guess component cables huge improvement to HD?

Interesting. I'll have to check my local Sears today to see if the PS3 storage tower is $3 as well.:pray: I hope so. Maybe then I can get my games off my couch and store them properly.:lol:

Posted Image