* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#7741 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2429 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Most of the games at mine are just gone...poof. So I'm not sure if I missed out on some crazy fire sale type situation (like some other people reported accidentally walking into) or what. Over half the main cases for the newer games are empty and the bin they have the clearance stuff usually in barely has anything.

I know a lot of the guys there are gamers though, so that doesn't bode well for me or other people hoping to catch some great deals. I also hate shopping there anyway because the electronics guys either do one of two things... They either ignore you and it's impossible to get their attention (with that I'll also group...they often spend a seemingly infinite amount of time helping other customers, leaving others just to hang) or they just stare you down like they're pissed off that you're even checking out the gaming deals.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#7742 pulsar0510   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

pulsar0510

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

My local Sears has the holiday Kinect bundle (sensor + game + 2 DL game cards) for $78. I want to but it just doesn't seem cheap enough....

Edited by pulsar0510, 30 June 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#7743 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Still waiting for that :360: 250gb hard drive to clearance out...

#7744 VideoGamesIzFun   Legalize it CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

VideoGamesIzFun

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

So can we get a clearance list going?? I'm tired of looking at this thread all the time just to hear people bitch about how shitty their clearance section is instead of listing games they got on clearance.

This thread is as organized as the local sears :roll:

#7745 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

For those interested, there is a miscellaneous section here: http://www.cheapassg...d=1#post9677408

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7746 sadakou   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

So can we get a clearance list going??

No. The only reason Sears has been a great place for clearance these past 3-4 years, aside from The Great SHC Depression, is because there has been no master list for lazy people to easily hoard from. It's near impossible to find clearance for organized threads like Target, especially in higher traffic cities/towns.

The real question is can we edit the OP to have big, bright red letters saying NO MASTER LIST so we don't get noobs wandering into this thread from GameFAQs or the local swap meet who are willing to buy everything up at 10% clearance instead of 75% or 90%.

Besides, it's not like other stores where the clearance is unmarked. Enough time has passed that every clearance game at your local Sears will have SOME kind of pink/yellow clearance sticker on it, regardless if the month is up-to-date or not. All you have to do is walk the games over to the price scanners in clothing or hardware to see the newest price.

#7747 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

LOL! :lol:

This time, the PokePark Pikachu's Adventure games were in the glass case and 'clearanced' down to $31.xx, per the sticker. Rang up $4.9x. Definitely, check all over.

Wasn't stickered $4 something, so I didn't press for the 'additional 50% off the sticker price' deal.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#7748 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

All you have to do is walk the games over to the price scanners in clothing or hardware to see the newest price.

This part depends on the store. It's not allowed here and it will set off an alarm. The games and electronics are in a closed-off area and we have to get an employee to scan them. 'Tis beside the point, I know...just sayin'.

#7749 sadakou   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

This part depends on the store. It's not allowed here and it will set off an alarm. The games and electronics are in a closed-off area and we have to get an employee to scan them. 'Tis beside the point, I know...just sayin'.

Wow, I thought they got rid of the closed-off areas in the late 90s. Then again, there are some CAGs here who say their K-Marts still sell N64 and GBA games, so I guess there are just some incredibly lazy stores with super lenient district managers out there.

#7750 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

My local Sears closed in the electronics area about 7 years ago, supposedly due to high theft.

#7751 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

No. The only reason Sears has been a great place for clearance these past 3-4 years, aside from The Great SHC Depression, is because there has been no master list for lazy people to easily hoard from. It's near impossible to find clearance for organized threads like Target, especially in higher traffic cities/towns.

The real question is can we edit the OP to have big, bright red letters saying NO MASTER LIST so we don't get noobs wandering into this thread from GameFAQs or the local swap meet who are willing to buy everything up at 10% clearance instead of 75% or 90%.

Besides, it's not like other stores where the clearance is unmarked. Enough time has passed that every clearance game at your local Sears will have SOME kind of pink/yellow clearance sticker on it, regardless if the month is up-to-date or not. All you have to do is walk the games over to the price scanners in clothing or hardware to see the newest price.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:Exactly. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to skim through the recent posts on this thread if you monitor it every day or two. But people don't wanna have to pay attention on here to get a deal, they want shit handed to them on a silver platter.

If you can't be bothered to keep up with a mega thread like this and wanna keep crying for a master list, then go right ahead as that is your right. But hopefully things will stay as is in this and any of the other "disorganized" mega threads.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7752 FearNixon   Not a crook CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

My local store had 50% off clearance games, but only for the small amount of junk in the little dump bin. The only mildly interesting things were a PS3 Move starter bundle for around $50 and an open case (but game included) DS Golden Sun for $5. All the good stuff was under glass and not eligible.

#7753 sadakou   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:54 PM

Tried to pick up some Pika Poke Parks today. They didn't ring up (weren't in the system) so they insisted that the correct price was the outdated $39.99 sticker from February on it. And now they won't drop any lower since they aren't in the system, as has been the case for other Sears clearance in the past like Kirby Super Star Ultra.

One part of me is sad that Sears will no longer carry games by this holiday season, the other part of me is relieved that I'll be able to just ignore going there like Target.

#7754 Raccoon2117   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Raccoon2117

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

It looks like Sears isn't going to be paying for their products to be listed on Google Shopping. I've searched for items I know my local Sears has (not even clearance items), and I'm getting zero Sears hits on the listings. Only Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Toys R Us.

#7755 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6166 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

It looks like Sears isn't going to be paying for their products to be listed on Google Shopping. I've searched for items I know my local Sears has (not even clearance items), and I'm getting zero Sears hits on the listings. Only Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Toys R Us.

This is a terrible development. Even with google shopping it was hit-and-miss, now it's gonna be a complete crap shoot.

#7756 ets   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

here is a question thats sears ralted and semi related to video games. What is the sears discount for display tvs, and whats the discount on returned items?
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#7757 GhostOfSparta305   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

GhostOfSparta305

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:58 PM

Just got back from Sears, and I got some fairly sweet deals.

Sports Champions - $8
Uncharted Drake's Fortune - $5
PS3 Wireless Keypad - $15.xx (this is the lowest I have EVER seen this thing anywhere)

Although these three might be a huge YMMV, because I drove to another nearby Sears just for curiosity's sake, and didn't find Sports Champions, but found Uncharted for $15 and the Wireless Keypad for (gasp) $40.

#7758 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

Tony Hawk Shred PS3(game and skateboard) $13.48
DJ Hero 2 Wii bundle $14.98

#7759 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Just got back from Sears, and I got some fairly sweet deals.

Sports Champions - $8
Uncharted Drake's Fortune - $5
PS3 Wireless Keypad - $15.xx (this is the lowest I have EVER seen this thing anywhere)

Although these three might be a huge YMMV, because I drove to another nearby Sears just for curiosity's sake, and didn't find Sports Champions, but found Uncharted for $15 and the Wireless Keypad for (gasp) $40.

The keypad thing is $20 at Kmart for those who can't find one for the above mentioned price at Sears. The Playstation Eye(PS3's version of the Eyetoy camera) is $15-16 at Kmart also.

Posted Image

#7760 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:35 AM

The keypad thing is $20 at Kmart for those who can't find one for the above mentioned price at Sears. The Playstation Eye(PS3's version of the Eyetoy camera) is $15-16 at Kmart also.

It's also $25 at Target. Not worth it right now, but after a drop its worth a look.

#7761 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:13 AM

You can get a used sports champions for 3.99 at Gamestop, unless you are looking for a sealed copy for some reason.

Uncharted is a killer deal if you can find one, it was around $8 at my Sears, or 9.99 with 25% off, I had to buy a partially opened copy that turned out to have nothing wrong with it, but I am glad I did as its a VERY good game. You can get one new at Big Lots for $18-19 or something but around $8 is a much better price.

#7762 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

I just got rid of my copies of the first two Uncharted games that came from one of the Uncharted Dual Pack/Dual Shock 3 bundles and the pre-owned copy of the third that I got from using one of the BB @Gamer coupons to BB yesterday for under $50 total.:cry:

I figured no one would grab them here since 1 & 2 were GH packaging with the red cases with the GH marked discs as well.

Posted Image

#7763 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

I really don't care what type of packaging my PS3 games are in as long as they are cheap! Last time I checked GH versions of certain titles were better because they include extra content. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense money-wise to go for certain types of packaging.

#7764 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

I really don't care what type of packaging my PS3 games are in as long as they are cheap! Last time I checked GH versions of certain titles were better because they include extra content. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense money-wise to go for certain types of packaging.

Yeah. But I guess it messes up the feng shui of some folks collections they have, so rather than deal with that they'll forgo buying a game or try forever to get a clear case and non GH artwork.

Posted Image

#7765 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   11376 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Great find on uncharted ! Im never giving up my black label copy. Now to find the guide for the game at a good deal lol
Currently playing
:ps4: cod black ops 3, uncharted collection, star wars battlefront, the order 1886, batman arkham knight, assassins creed unity,blacklight retribution, the transistor

ADD ME ON PSN NOW !!!!! :D

690739.png

#7766 elrobo8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

The Little Rock, AR store has a 50% off section now. There are only a handful of games in it. Nothing outstanding, but I was able to grab a few worthwhile titles:

:wii: Red Steel 2 w/ Wii Motion+ - $9
:ps3: LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $4
:ds: Animal Crossing: Wild World - $10
:ds: Brain Age 2 - $4
:ds: Crosswords DS - $4

#7767 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   732 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

I prefer non greatest/platinum hits packaging, but will happily deal with it if it means I get added content for no extra cost.

#7768 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

I actually really hate the greatest hits labeling on the gamecube games, something about the yellow I guess, but other than that I don't really have an issue with different packaging for greatest hits versions of games.

#7769 Lyricsborn   Lives in the Shithole Boca Raton CAGiversary!   1953 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Lyricsborn

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Are the black label Uncharted 1's rare or something?

Pour one out for the OG's: IATCG and Foo.

#7770 Jesse757x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   444 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

a few days ago I went to pick up a couple games at the store where I've been getting games at 75% off. The manager came over to approve the transaction and claimed they were only doing 50% off. So I showed him the signs and he was livid, took the signs down, and yelled at an employee over the phone. He ended up approving the transaction but was not happy about it. I went back today and they don't even have 50% off.:cry: