* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#7801 AionTelos   is PLUS ONE PIG! CAGiversary!   913 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I used to feel the same way until I realized how much money I was spending in gas just to scope out any possible deals. It cancels out any discount you get from the clearance. It's easy to get excited when you see a game with a 1.97 price tag on it, but your brain never actually calculates that it cost you 21.97 to finally get it at that price.

It gets to the point where, if you aren't already at the mall, you're better off just biting the bullet and paying the $15-20 for it on Amazon.

I did that for a pspgo. Thankfully though there is a Sears literally 5 minutes walking distance from my place.

#7802 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12111 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

My Sears was pretty picked through. I did find a Sony 2GB M2 Memory Card for $0.97 though.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#7803 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

Apparently my local Sears had one of those game blowouts since the last time I was there. The clearance area had half the space it used to have and I saw DJ Hero 2 Wii and Sports Champions PS3 both tagged for $1.99 with June stickers (they rung up $7.97 and had to be manually adjusted) so I am guessing a lot of other games were also marked down to that price.

#7804 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Checked a local Sears and they pretty much stripped all the <$10 items. I have a feeling it was an employee, but I didn't bother looking harder. All those drops I've been eyeing, gone...

#7805 caMOFOg   Where you at mang? CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Checked a local Sears and they pretty much stripped all the <$10 items. I have a feeling it was an employee, but I didn't bother looking harder. All those drops I've been eyeing, gone...

Yeah it's very likely the employees will grab all the good stuff and leave the scraps during these secret fire sales.

#7806 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Anyone been to Sears today? Since there was no price drop last week I was thinking it might happen today.

#7807 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Anyone been to Sears today? Since there was no price drop last week I was thinking it might happen today.

I've got work in 30 minutes, so I'll check when I get in.

#7808 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

Found a few PS2 titles (Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and some Hanna Montana game) for 97 cents this week. They have no trade-in value, so I didn't buy them. All other games still had June stickers on them.

Friends and Family on Sunday.

Dude in electronics told me that my store is eventually going to phase out all games and consoles at my store. He hadn't received the e-mail from Corporate yet, but he thinks it's coming soon and the drops will start happening then.

I thought my store would be spared from the phase-out, but apparently this won't be the case.

#7809 elrobo8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

No new drops at my store. I checked a number of games, all rang up at June's prices.

#7810 Dapper Bulldawg   go dawgs CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Dapper Bulldawg

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Dropped by one of the two sears in my area - games section is completely gone. Nothing game related even for sale any longer....
Dapper+Bulldawg.png

#7811 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Found a few PS2 titles (Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and some Hanna Montana game) for 97 cents this week. They have no trade-in value, so I didn't buy them. All other games still had June stickers on them.

Friends and Family on Sunday.

Dude in electronics told me that my store is eventually going to phase out all games and consoles at my store. He hadn't received the e-mail from Corporate yet, but he thinks it's coming soon and the drops will start happening then.

I thought my store would be spared from the phase-out, but apparently this won't be the case.

FYI, friends and family excludes video games (and everything else) this time around. It's solely on TV's 46" and larger and home audio systems.
Posted Image

#7812 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Picked up a USB cable for the PS3 for $2.97. No good price drops on anything else. Saw Golden Sun for $9.97, but I already have 5 of them from when I got them for $5, so no go there. I would VERY MUCH LIKE for the 50% off deal to COME TO MY STUPID SEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

Also picked up the USB cable at a non-local Sears for $2.97. Passed on a Move charger base for $5.97 (since I don't have/want the Move). Otherwise, the store was almost bare of gaming anything. Sad to see.

Jupiter_Jones.png

#7813 alan90oblivion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

alan90oblivion

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Found the original (non-GH) copy of Heavy Rain for 14.97 a week ago.

#7814 elrobo8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

The July drops finally hit at my store. Nothing worth noting, though. Everything I checked was just $1-5 cheaper.

#7815 caMOFOg   Where you at mang? CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

The July drops finally hit at my store. Nothing worth noting, though. Everything I checked was just $1-5 cheaper.

None of the games were marked with July stickers but all games that end in .97 were 25% off.

#7816 TKSJOHN   The Dumpster Diver! Silenced   576 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

gpt tv super stars on ps3 for $2.97, other than that, nothing else worth telling about!

#7817 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Dropped by my locals sears to buy some photo albums for the wife so I checked on the games section. It's now 75% on all clearanced games. There was only one cart of games left to pick through. Most of the titles are shovelware, but some, like deBlob 2 for Wii can be had for $3 bucks or so. Picked up

:ps3: WWE All stars
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ds: Wario Ware DIY

all for $8.95 total! Too bad Sears is getting out of this business, I will surely miss this type of haul!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#7818 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

The main reason why hauls like that exist is because they are getting out of the business. If they were successful at selling games, they'd be going for higher prices.

#7819 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

I think it's only like 2 weeks at the most for price adjustments.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#7820 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just to reiterate, 14-day price match (protection) guarantee, 30-day window to return/rebuy, 110% price match vs. competitors that have the game in stock or orderable (BBY deals of the day count).

My store also has the unannounced 25% off clearance games going on. So far the only gems I'm seeing are all of my pokemon games are ~$18 each. Black, Heart Gold, Platinum, et cetera.
Posted Image

#7821 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thirty days for return/rebuy? Are you sure? I mean, I know Sears may have slightly different policies than Kmart, but on the receipts at Kmart they tell you the final day you could return stuff on that receipt till.

It's usually been listed as 3 months for me.

Posted Image

#7822 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

Don't you get more time if you are a rewards member?

#7823 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Not sure. I rarely(if ever) even bother giving them my rewards info since it takes so mf'n long to get up to any decent amount of points by just making random purchases.

Posted Image

#7824 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Did google shopping stop tracking Sears?

#7825 Byakurai   CAG Busta CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thirty days for return/rebuy? Are you sure? I mean, I know Sears may have slightly different policies than Kmart, but on the receipts at Kmart they tell you the final day you could return stuff on that receipt till.

It's usually been listed as 3 months for me.

On the back of the receipt, it states that electronics and a few other departments only have a 30-day return window. I've had customers shriek and huff over this fine print.

#7826 thepain73   Johnny B. Goode CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Dropped by my locals sears to buy some photo albums for the wife so I checked on the games section. It's now 75% on all clearanced games. There was only one cart of games left to pick through. Most of the titles are shovelware, but some, like deBlob 2 for Wii can be had for $3 bucks or so. Picked up

:ps3: WWE All stars
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ds: Wario Ware DIY

all for $8.95 total! Too bad Sears is getting out of this business, I will surely miss this type of haul!

Damn. I would love to pick up All Stars on the cheap. Lucky! :applause:

#7827 chefgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

went to my local sears today and got guy to pull a hand full of games from the case for me. and chatted with him and told me that they will be having a fire sale in September and that all sears stores plan to have games competley phased out after September.

#7828 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

A Sears I went to today had a $4.99 table but it was all junk, Band Hero for PS2, Def Jam Rapstar game only for Wii and XBox 360 and a few other games that I already forgot about. All clearance games were 25% off though which appears to be not just that store since the Sears I went to on Saturday also had the 25% off and the games ring up with the discount automatically. I picked up Big Brain Academy for Wii for $4.47. It was opened but the disc and manual were there and the Club Nintendo code was unused.

#7829 elrobo8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

This is probably YMMV, but I just found Pokemon Platinum for $6.97 and Wii Sports Resort with Wii Motion+ for $9.97. I say it's probably YMMV because Wii Sports scanned at $29.97 when I went to double check at the price scanner (it was clearly the right label, though) and Pokemon is out of the system (so I think it was a manager's discretion markdown). I doubt anyone else will find these deals, but weirder things have happened.

For reference, this is the McCain Mall Sears in North Little Rock, AR.

#7830 RabbitSuit   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

RabbitSuit

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:13 PM

Great pickup on Platinum.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause: