* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#8491 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

When I was at state college there was a lot of games displaying may and june tags however a few ere september

Since Sears is putting these titles on clearance, I would assume there is no vendor return in play. If anything, they'll box the stuff up and sell it to Kmart (for accounting purposes they will "sell" the items to themselves) or a liquidator (such as Big Lots).

because that will get them out the door, a ton of games have upc stickers at Kmart (at least the burnham one did) that made the price 15 even for titles that were previously cheaper

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#8492 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Those games with the UPC stickers over the original UPC's are actually a specially purchased lot of games and not just games that they restickered with new UPC's.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8493 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Those games with the UPC stickers over the original UPC's are actually a specially purchased lot of games and not just games that they restickered with new UPC's.

nope they were restickered because it was the same games they had before like the exactly 1 copy of Muramasa I bought the other for 3.75 .... They ring up different too

Also went to my sears to get KH:BBS for 12.97 sealed >.> sold it they had 6 PSP games when I was there 2 weeks ago, and now they have 5....

Sidenote: I believe I saw the local el hoardo as there was only one other guy in electronics and the games where just scatter with the exception of the psp games....

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#8494 CrimsonTribe   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   534 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

CrimsonTribe

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

Thanks to whomever mentioned the Enchanted Arms with comic for $4.97, I picked one up at a Sears I go from time to time. The only other interesting thing I saw was :wii: Harvest Moon: Magical Melody for $4.97 with a Sep. clearance price tag.

Workin on it

#8495 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:00 AM

So did the September drops happen already? Or will there be more this Friday?

Jupiter_Jones.png

#8496 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Since we don't really have a regular Sears insider to give us the heads up as to what's up and the clearance drops are so YMMV and reliant on managers' prerogative anymore your guess is as good as ours.

Posted Image

#8497 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

Glad I went to Sears today. I felt like they placed a bunch of random tags on the games. I'll be waiting for next month to see if anymore get serious. Been meaning to pick up Resistance III, Killzone III, FF XIII, etc. Hope I get lucky again the next time I come around. :lol:

Saw Transformers: WFC was 9.99 for 360. I passed up on it cause I wanted the PS3 version. :x There were others like GOW: Chains for 5 but I'll hold out. Lol.
Also saw :pc: Portal 2 for 5. xD

Picked up :360: Enchanted Arms w/ book for 5 (I still wanna pick up the PS3 version though) So glad I found it; it was in the bin and not on the shelves and I thought someone else got to it before I did.
:360: WWE All Stars for 5 (Needed manager override, supposed to be 20ish.)
:ps3: Homefront for 5

Came out a happy camper.

Edited by Olengie, 05 September 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#8498 RabbitSuit   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   2112 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

RabbitSuit

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Deus Ex :ps3: and :360: came down to 9.97 at the Henderson, NV store.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#8499 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Glad I went to Sears today. I felt like they placed a bunch of random tags on the games. I'll be waiting for next month to see if anymore get serious. Been meaning to pick up Resistance III, Killzone III, FF XIII, etc. Hope I get lucky again the next time I come around. :lol:

Saw Transformers: WFC was 9.99 for 360. I passed up on it cause I wanted the PS3 version. :x There were others like GOW: Chains for 5 but I'll hold out. Lol.
Also saw :pc: Portal 2 for 5. xD

Picked up :360: Enchanted Arms w/ book for 5 (I still wanna pick up the PS3 version though) So glad I found it; it was in the bin and not on the shelves and I thought someone else got to it before I did.
:360: WWE All Stars for 5 (Needed manager override, supposed to be 20ish.)
:ps3: Homefront for 5

Came out a happy camper.

Not bad! I just recently checked a nearby Sears of mine but they pretty much had the same stuff. They also drastically reduced the gaming section, the original three cases of games (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) has been compressed down to just one.

#8500 BadBrains   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BadBrains

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

:ps3: Blur for $5 and Eat Lead: Matt Hazard for $3

#8501 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Not bad! I just recently checked a nearby Sears of mine but they pretty much had the same stuff. They also drastically reduced the gaming section, the original three cases of games (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) has been compressed down to just one.

Such a shame. They aren't restocking the games so I guess whatever is left is left. Like what everyone else is saying, I think my Sears will get rid of their games in the oncoming months. They already took out the Movies a long time ago. I just hope I'm able to get some of the clearance action when it happens.

Deus Ex and L.A. Noire were also 9.99. I already have Deus Ex but I'll get Noire later on. I might stop by once every week to see if they went down yet.

And for the life of me, I cannot find a scanner in the store. :lol:

#8502 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Such a shame. They aren't restocking the games so I guess whatever is left is left. Like what everyone else is saying, I think my Sears will get rid of their games in the oncoming months. They already took out the Movies a long time ago. I just hope I'm able to get some of the clearance action when it happens.

Deus Ex and L.A. Noire were also 9.99. I already have Deus Ex but I'll get Noire later on. I might stop by once every week to see if they went down yet.

And for the life of me, I cannot find a scanner in the store. :lol:

Check the hardware section, they almost always have one ;)

#8503 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Check the hardware section, they almost always have one ;)

Oooo. Thanks! I'll see if they have it next time I come around. :D

#8504 247   . CAGiversary!   1519 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

^ what part of California?

#8505 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

^ So Cal, Orange County

#8506 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Pisses me the Fuck off that at sears today the security worker told me they are shipping back pretty much all the games back to the manufacture rather then lower the clearance prices any more.

Then an electronics worker there told me he was full of crap and that the other day they had PS3 Sony controllers for $3..... WTF. I wish they would just hurry up and send that crap back and get out of the video game business so I can stop going to sears forever.

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#8507 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

Three bucks for a PS3 controller? I'd be checking Sears every day if I knew I had the chance to snag some of those.;)

Posted Image

#8508 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Me too! I really need those controllers! :lol:

You have to be crazy to pass that up!

#8509 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

Three bucks for a PS3 controller? I'd be checking Sears every day if I knew I had the chance to snag some of those.;)

Thought you weren't talking to me.... Hater...

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#8510 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

No new tags yet, but found the previously posted titles at my local:

PS3
Blur $4.97
Homefront $4.97
Killzone 3 $9.97

Picked up Blur and passed on the others. Hopefully more drops tomorrow?

Jupiter_Jones.png

#8511 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Damn, I wish I could find Homefront for $5 at my store. And that's an amazing price for Blur; such a good game!

#8512 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

I was doing some travel today so I was able to stop by a Sears that is waaaay out of the way. This particular store had lots of clearance games and the PSP core system for $119 (5% off) back in the spring. When I stop in today they were in the process of dismantling most of the game cases and put all stock in one small case. The PSP was STILL at $119. There were only a few shovelware games in the clearance box except for L.A. Noire Complete Edition with no price tag. I didn't even bother trying to find a scanner since I already have the game.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#8513 mabuhay13   CAG Veteran Silenced   139 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

mabuhay13

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

They moved all the gaming items into one aisle here in Springfield, IL. But, sadly, no good discounts to be had. Hopefully in the following weeks, the managers will decide to do something about that.....

#8514 DarthWoo   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   45 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

DarthWoo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.

#8515 V Gundam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

I went back after I saw all the stuff was gone at Exton, PA and spoke to someone I know there. Turns out that they had actually marked pretty much everything at least 50% off as far as hardware, and then most of the other accessories down to $1. Kind of burns since it was naturally on a day I didn't go even though I had been visiting nearly once every week.

One person did post pictures of his receipts for that location with those prices weeks ago. I think that is the main cause of everyone checking other locations for Manager Markdowns.

#8516 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:48 AM

this happened like 2-3 weeks ago, many posts in this thread about it, 20-30 dollar 3ds et cetera

Designed by Lilchiji

#8517 nitman99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

Grabbed a Pokemon SoulSilver Version for $20 last week at Sears. I would've waited till the new month's drops but I didn't want to risk it selling out, there were only two copies. HeartGold was the same price. I'll go back this weekend and see if anything's changed.

#8518 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8061 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:11 AM

They must have had Blur at my store. I suppose it got cleared out before I got there. :lol:

#8519 flount   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Take it with a grain of salt, as there has been much speculation in this thread, but I went to a couple Sears stores today, and the employees at each said they have been instructed to send all of their video game inventory back to the company very soon (likely next week), where it will probably be sold to a liquidator (or perhaps redistributed to Kmart). These employees also said they think this will be a company-wide action.

But, again, grain of salt. You may want to ask employees at your store if they have been informed of this also.

#8520 Firecrest   BOOMSHALAKALAKA! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Firecrest

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Actually, planogram set ups for next week indicate that rumor is false. Definitely not company-wide. In fact, some of the planograms focus heavily on new consoles/games/accessories, as well as a dedicated clearance area. I was a bit surprised myself.

So chances are, if your local Sears still receives new releases and consoles such as the 3DSXLs and NSMB2, they'll continue trickle in for at least some while yet.