* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#8521 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

My question is why would a security guy at Sears tell me the managers are going to send this stuff back instead of marking it down to like 50% off and such? And yet other sears have their games really chap instead of shipping them back to he maker? Is it a long process to ship things back?

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#8522 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

My Sears sent shitloads of stuff back. The display cases are gone.

I got a DS travel case for 2.97. UPC 663293102921

and...

DJ Hero 2 for Nintendo Wii (Turntable bundle) for $4.99 UPC: 047875961821
The DJ Hero had a clearance sticker on it dated 11/4 with a price of 24.97. Considering that's almost a year ago since they tagged it, I thought I'd have them scan it and I'm glad I did. Go get it!

#8523 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

The one by me has theirs for $39.99 (wii) DATED lol

#8524 jedifrog21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

jedifrog21

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Actually, planogram set ups for next week indicate that rumor is false. Definitely not company-wide. In fact, some of the planograms focus heavily on new consoles/games/accessories, as well as a dedicated clearance area. I was a bit surprised myself.

So chances are, if your local Sears still receives new releases and consoles such as the 3DSXLs and NSMB2, they'll continue trickle in for at least some while yet.

Agreed, not company-wide. Mine just reorganized the whole gaming section and are getting new stuff in. They said they'll be phasing out everything except some top new releases by the holidays though. So I guess it depends on your local Sears

#8525 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Picked up:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97
Enchanted Arms :360: $4.97
Darksiders :360: $9.97

The XBox Live Starter Kit w/ 12 Months Gold, Headset, Chatpad and Project Gotham Racing that I had an eye on went from $44.97 back up to $59.97 :(

#8526 Stanley the Bugman   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Stanley the Bugman

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

My question is why would a security guy at Sears tell me the managers are going to send this stuff back instead of marking it down to like 50% off and such? And yet other sears have their games really chap instead of shipping them back to he maker? Is it a long process to ship things back?

Agreed, not company-wide. Mine just reorganized the whole gaming section and are getting new stuff in. They said they'll be phasing out everything except some top new releases by the holidays though. So I guess it depends on your local Sears

When I was working at KB Toys (near the end days), they divided up the stores in three groups: those with a full line up of games, ones with GBA/DS games only, and those with no games whatsoever. There were also separate planograms for each set up.* Sears may be doing something similar.

I would guess that there are one,or a combination, of three scenerios in play here:
1)Certain/all stores will sell down what is left and not receive new product.
2)They will ship all remaining product from certain stores to stores with a better track record of video game sales.
3)They will ship the remaining product from certain/all stores back to a corporate warehouse where they will either be sold to a liquidator or their K-mart stores.

To answer the other part of your question, Slippyhippy, about two hours. You write down what you have, throw it in boxes, and take it out of the stores inventory via computer. (Some retailers have scanners that will do the first and thrid step for you. You just scan it and throw it in a box.) You then ship the box to another store or warehouse where they receive it like any other order. If you walk into your local Sears and see empty cardboard near the game section, you should probably take that as a sign.

*Actually there were about 15 different planograms and none of them matched any actual store. That doesn't include the Toy Works/KB Toy Works stores.

#8527 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2945 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Picked up Fable 3 for $9.97.

#8528 Visc   That Weird Guy CAGiversary!   2550 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

so glad I remembered this topic was here. For a litle over $33 I got:

EyePet (for the gf)
Blur (ps3)
Singstar: Queen (ps3)
Homefront (ps3)
Enchanted Arms w/ graphic novel x2

Only the EyePet game was more than $4.97

#8529 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

my store has 1 display and has 2 or so 3dsxl's so im not expecting any deals form the local one >.>

Edited by Kovorkian, 07 September 2012 - 10:56 PM.
spell check

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#8530 superhippy1986   Collecting Panties CAGiversary!   1155 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

superhippy1986

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

To answer the other part of your question, Slippyhippy, about two hours. You write down what you have, throw it in boxes, and take it out of the stores inventory via computer. (Some retailers have scanners that will do the first and thrid step for you. You just scan it and throw it in a box.) You then ship the box to another store or warehouse where they receive it like any other order. If you walk into your local Sears and see empty cardboard near the game section, you should probably take that as a sign.

*Actually there were about 15 different planograms and none of them matched any actual store. That doesn't include the Toy Works/KB Toy Works stores.

Super... Not slippy... Bu you are as wise as my father should be..

Check out my Youtube page

https://www.youtube....Nhyum0AvsYl6iRQ

#8531 BadBrains   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

BadBrains

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

I was at a store that had literally about 20 games left for 50% 0ff, half of which were ps2 games. No systems, game displays dismantled, yet ps3 controllers were still full price as well as a Ds XL for $120. I wonder why they would only fire sale half of the dept?

#8532 bobphone   So what if I'm a gay man? CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

bobphone

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

Picked up:

Homefront $4.97
Enchanted Arms $4.97

#8533 Olengie   Your Waifu is Merde. Except Mine CAGiversary!   8083 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

I guess the drops were sorta universal. Most of them anyway. :lol:

#8534 JKSonic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2425 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Take it with a grain of salt, as there has been much speculation in this thread, but I went to a couple Sears stores today, and the employees at each said they have been instructed to send all of their video game inventory back to the company very soon (likely next week), where it will probably be sold to a liquidator (or perhaps redistributed to Kmart). These employees also said they think this will be a company-wide action.

But, again, grain of salt. You may want to ask employees at your store if they have been informed of this also.

That right there makes the most sense to me. Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds. Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#8535 Kovorkian   Judoka CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

That right there makes the most sense to me. Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds. Honestly I'm surprised ANY Sears clearanced stuff out like they did when it could have been sent in and sent back out to KMarts.

Kmarts have been clearing things out as well

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#8536 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1640 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Although I'd be confused as to why my Sears has brand new stuff in like the 3DS XL and New Super Mario Bro 3ds.

The employees here have told me that our stores are still carrying what they consider current systems and a small selection of new release games. The 3 stores closest to me have basically consolidated their whole videogame sections down to one small glass case containing, apparently, what they're carrying from now on (all the clearance items have been pulled out and separated).

I guess it's possible some stores are keeping a small gaming section and others are getting rid of gaming completely. Or, just as likely, the employees don't know what's going on, either...

#8537 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3336 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

Everyone keeps mentoring Enchanted Arms. I'd love to find one at $5, I've never seen one in retail in years now.

#8538 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3069 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

Everyone keeps mentoring Enchanted Arms. I'd love to find one at $5, I've never seen one in retail in years now.

I would as well, but the last copy disappeared from my store in the last week or so. I don't think it had been marked down much though, if at all.

#8539 shieryda   Opus Eponymous CAGiversary!   9250 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Only a couple games in the bin were marked with Sept. stickers. The rest were still August, and not really worth mentioning (mainly the same titles that have been there for the past 3-4 months). The case with the consoles and handhelds was moved again, and now contains maybe 12 newer titles (Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Skyrim and a few others, all at full price). Not sure why last week the consoles and handhelds were in their own display case near the cash register, but it seems like the manager thought the employees were bored and made them move all the stuff again.

#8540 sonderiaom   Starry Knight CAGiversary!   1818 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

sonderiaom

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I've been watching the sears closest to me and not only has there been no additional % off at any point, the same Mario kart 7 has been there with a July august and September different tag all with the same price of $24.97. Frustrating. And I did actually scan it and that's accurate.

#8541 JohnnyBeeGoode   Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PlayStation 4) is the best AC g CAGiversary!   698 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

JohnnyBeeGoode

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

man, universally, this place (sears) is one confused department store. went in this am, picked up a pretty nice haul (the charleston, sc location), all clearance games were 30% off. portal 2 :ps3: (about $20.00 after discount), nhl 12 :ps3:/:360: (about @ 20.00 after discount), mario sports mix :wii: (about $28.00 after discount) and the rest that others have mentioned (mlb 2k11 :ps3:, homefront :ps3:, darksiders :360: @ $4.97 before discount, fracture :ps3: @ $2.97 prior to discount) but right as I was checking out, the Manager ran up to the Clearance Bin and started yanking the damn signs down, "...these are all just gonna fly off the racks...", dude was crazy. no price drops in months and he thinks that since one CAG came in and picked up 6-7 games, it's all Chicken Little. folks it was comical (and something you probably would've had to be there to appreciate) but reiterates what a wacky, wacky place Sears (and Sears Holding) is/has been/always will be.

0.png

#8542 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12034 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

That's odd, sounds like he was hoping stuff wouldn't sell so he could get it himself. I'd send an email to corporate to make them aware of the situation.

mmitch079.pngmmitch079.pngmmitch079.png

#8543 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

man, universally, this place (sears) is one confused department store. went in this am, picked up a pretty nice haul (the charleston, sc location), all clearance games were 30% off. portal 2 :ps3: (about $20.00 after discount), nhl 12 :ps3:/:360: (about @ 20.00 after discount), mario sports mix :wii: (about $28.00 after discount) and the rest that others have mentioned (mlb 2k11 :ps3:, homefront :ps3:, darksiders :360: @ $4.97 before discount, fracture :ps3: @ $2.97 prior to discount) but right as I was checking out, the Manager ran up to the Clearance Bin and started yanking the damn signs down, "...these are all just gonna fly off the racks...", dude was crazy. no price drops in months and he thinks that since one CAG came in and picked up 6-7 games, it's all Chicken Little. folks it was comical (and something you probably would've had to be there to appreciate) but reiterates what a wacky, wacky place Sears (and Sears Holding) is/has been/always will be.

I still preferred when Sears was it's own seperate entity from Kmart and vice versa. Only reasons I say that are 1) the clusterfuck that clearance has become since he who shall remain unnamed nuked the Fuck out of the program in BOTH chains AND made the prices highly YMMV across both chains and 2) Now if the main corporation goes kablooie, BOTH chains are in danger of going down with it.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8544 pksellers   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   55 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

pksellers

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Not much game wise at my sears but they had these Cars 2 DVD players for $30:

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1347132642

Looked like nice gifts for my little nephews so i picked up 2, also had these Ion Video COnverters for $11.97:

http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1347132767

Didn't get any of these, but some here may appreciate the info.

#8545 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1616 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Checked out a Sears I haven't been to in awhile and they had a huge bin of games but found a few decent ones. They also had a sign for 25% off clearance and a sign for 35% off (which said expired in July) but because the sign was up the clerk was very kind enough to honor the 35% off! (He also took the sign down after).

:ps3: Deus Ex rang at $9.97
:ps3: Bayonetta rang at $9.72
:360: Darksiders rang at $9.97
:wii: Metroid Other M didn't ring up at all, manager gave it to me for $9.97

After the 35% I paid a little under $6.50 for each title. Great finds, ended up flipping Deus Ex and Bayonetta to BB for a small profit with the 100% and GCU and kept Darksiders/Other M (all BB were sold out during the blowout 1.0 so I finally have a copy!)

Also helped that I got $10 for free on my shop my rewards card. Those who are rewards members check your e-mails to see if you got the $10 as well! E-mail said it expires 09/10. Strange too since I got $10 a week or two ago as well.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#8546 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

R.I.P. Sears in Frisco, TX. Stopped in since I was close by to see just 2 PS2 Games and maybe 4 DS games and a small rack of 3rd party DS accessories. That is all they have left. Good to know because now I can remove it from my rotation. Collin Creek is nearly dead too. Ridgmar in Fort Worth and North East in Hurst are alive but in Critical condition.

#8547 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2342 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I went to two Sears today.

At one, I found an employee dismantling what was left of the games section. I asked outright if they were sending it all back or putting the stuff on clearence. Unsurprisingly he said it was all going back.

At the other location the damage was already done. Everything was gone except a single cabinet with the expected kids' and AAA titles.

It was fun while it lasted. I got some great deals over the last few years. Sears clearence, ye will be missed.

76561197996844513.png

#8548 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Sears in northeast has a clearance section? I went there like 3 weeks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance.

They used to have a couple of wire bins in the isles the last time I went maybe 2 months ago. They had a half a dozen PSP-3000 for about $75. Since most of the clearance has been sold everything else is back in the glass cabinets and on the back shelf along the wall. There is no clearance section however many of their games are Clearance tagged. Yesterday I picked up from Hurst:

Homefront :ps3: $4.97 (1 left)
Enchanted Arms w/ Novella :360: $4.97 (1 left)
Darksiders :360: $9.97 (last copy)

#8549 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Only game I noticed with a September sticker was Madden 12 for PS3 at $24.97.

They finally decided to start dropping some of the hand helds though.

Red Nintendo DS XLi $89.97
PSP core system $97.49

Half tempted by the DS, but I'm not sure how much I would actually use it. I'll just hold off.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#8550 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

That sounds like me with the PSP Go, Invicta. I used it a TON when I was laid up with a bad case of the gout about 3-4 months ago, but if I've turned the one I cracked open on for more than 30 minutes in the last month then it's a miracle.

I should just restore it and offer it on here for like $80 or something. At least get it out of the house and make a lil scratch on it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image