* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#8851 FinderKeeper   Late Adopter (2016, baby!) CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

FinderKeeper

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I got the 7000 points email too. I ended up getting :ps3: Need for Speed: Shift 2 which was marked down to 9.97, so after the points applied it was a couple bucks and change. This was at the Sears at Ingram Park Mall. :ps3: Deus Ex (4.97) was cleared out, or I would've gotten that. They also had :360: Crysis 2 for 9.97 but I already have that. I didn't notice any Move bundles left, so getting one last month at $30 when there were only two left was the right move.

402833.png  1030252.png

#8852 sterlingice   Former KS Deal Lackey CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

sterlingice

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Went to the Sears at Baybrook Mall in Houston.

Was a bit disappointed on the Nintendo front as 1 DKCR was showing in the computer but it wasn't there. Also, no Star Fox or Resident Evil for the 3DS and there was a Splinter Cell and Zelda: OOT but they were ringing up for $20/$30. No Mario Party DS or Mario Sports Mix either.

Had better luck with the PS3. No Call of Duty or Portal 2 or any of the "highly desirable" stuff but I did pick up 3 games I didn't have for $9.97: GH Uncharted 2 GotY Ed, Crysis 2 LE, and Infamous 2. There were still copies left of Uncharted and Crysis. Don't remember if that was the last copy of Infamous 2. I also checked a few other things hoping to pick up items on the cheap but I had no luck: Little Big Planet GotY, Dragon Age 2, and some other stuff I forgot as I didn't get lucky on any of it.

Also picked up a 30 pack of CDRs for $2.97 and I was happy as I had been looking for a small, cheap quantity of those.

SI

#8853 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

9.97 would be worth a drive to my Sears for DKCR, except when I was there a week or two ago, they'd already been picked over pretty good.

Alas.

#8854 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm jealous of the CAGs on here posting great finds like SSBB and DCKR well over a week after the drop. I checked three Sears in my area the day of the drop before it was really well known here and I still missed out on the top tier pickings. Of course I know my Sears have been proactive in tagging as of late, but there has to be some closet CAGs and / or lurkers in the Phoenix / East Valley area that come in on Friday as the store opens to get the best deals.

Ranting and jealousy aside, I did get the $5 free email, going to see what's left in one of the stores to turn a good deal.

#8855 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1144 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Google shopping is a lie! One store near my daughters school showed nadda online instore plus 30% off picked up

Mario sports mix wii $4.97
Professor Layton and the last spector ds $4.97
Homefront ps3 $2.97
Perfect Dark Zero $1.97

Prices before discount was a sweet find with sywr cert $5 out the door :)

RandomHajile3rd.png

#8856 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10279 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

CAG must have hit up my nearest store, 5 copies of Black Ops for PS3 gone in less than a day lol. I grabbed another for myself.

Also saw 3 of those PS Move bundles for 24.99, would have bit but I already have the Sharpshooter Bundle which I have literally played twice in the span of a year.

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#8857 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Alright, the gaming gods apparently are against me getting these games: SSBB, Mario Sports Mix, DKCR, Mario Kart w/wheel, Mario Party DS. I have been to many Sears stores and none of them had these games! I keep finding DQMJ2 & PL Last Specter along with the rest of the meh games. I did manage to find Ghostbusters PSP for $1.97.

I have been to Frackville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, York, Exton, Matamoras, Moosic, Dickson City, Pittston, Wilkes Barre & probably a couple more in PA. And Middletown, Newburgh, Nanuet, Paramus, Dover, Wayne, Philipsburg in NY/NJ. Can anyone help me out with any of these games?? I have a lot of stuff to trade, please PM me if you can help me out. Sorry for the rant but I covered a lot of ground & I'm officially frustrated!!!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=93861"
Last Updated on 11/11/06
http://www.cheapassg...005#post8226005
Guides For Trade/Sale Updated 3/3/11

#8858 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Alright, the gaming gods apparently are against me getting these games: SSBB, Mario Sports Mix, DKCR, Mario Kart w/wheel, Mario Party DS. I have been to many Sears stores and none of them had these games! I keep finding DQMJ2 & PL Last Specter along with the rest of the meh games. I did manage to find Ghostbusters PSP for $1.97.

I have been to Frackville, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Reading, York, Exton, Matamoras, Moosic, Dickson City, Pittston, Wilkes Barre & probably a couple more in PA. And Middletown, Newburgh, Nanuet, Paramus, Dover, Wayne, Philipsburg in NY/NJ. Can anyone help me out with any of these games?? I have a lot of stuff to trade, please PM me if you can help me out. Sorry for the rant but I covered a lot of ground & I'm officially frustrated!!!

How the Fuck do you afford all of these trips?!?!?!?! I mean Jesus H. Fuckin' Christ. I certainly hope if you have hit all of these stores that you aren't clearing out everything else clearance that may have been there.

FFS Jeff. Please leave something for us locals and stay up in Milford. :razz:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8859 electricsleep  

electricsleep

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hey @electricsleep and @MasaTFC. Nice to see other Pgh. CAGs on here pillaging our local Sears stores. If there was only some way we could all combine our powers for good and mutual benefit.

Definitely, I'm down to help out fellow CAGs. I'm close to the Mills and I'm about 20 minutes away from Monroeville and McKnight. I usually hit up the Mills once a month and the other 2 every couple months. Let me know if you're looking for anything and I can keep an eye out. That would kick ass if you are in the South Hills because I never check any of the Sears or Kmarts out that way.

#8860 kell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

I go on vacation and miss one of the few clearances... If anyone is willing to help out it'd be appreciated. Mainly looking for Mario Sports Mix and RE 3DS. Thanks.

#8861 sterlingice   Former KS Deal Lackey CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

sterlingice

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

How the Fuck do you afford all of these trips?!?!?!?! I mean Jesus H. Fuckin' Christ. I certainly hope if you have hit all of these stores that you aren't clearing out everything else clearance that may have been there.

I can't speak for him but when I had a job where I drove 40K miles a year, I had KC for about a 100 mile radius covered. I mean, you didn't know what direction you were headed in any given day but within 2 weeks, you'd have gone every which way.

SI

#8862 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

I can't speak for him but when I had a job where I drove 40K miles a year, I had KC for about a 100 mile radius covered. I mean, you didn't know what direction you were headed in any given day but within 2 weeks, you'd have gone every which way.

SI

That sounds like me when I was going outta town for work with a car dealer I was driving cars to auctions for. A lot of times he'd just be using one of his vehicles to get us there and then hand me the keys and say go to the mall or whatever.

I know most of the side roads and back roads around Syracuse(NY), Elmira/Horseheads/Ithaca(NY) and parts of south eastern and south central PA better than I know my own area from exploring when we went to the various auctions.

Posted Image

#8863 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:14 AM

I would like to thank Sears and ... and ... for a VERY fun spree!!!!!!!!:applause::D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#8864 MasaTFC   Chelsea 2014-15 EPL Champs !!!!! CAGiversary!   4905 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hopefully she was with you when you bought them or that would have been one very awkward transaction.:lol:;)

lol, yea that could have been! but she was and it was kind of a "thanks for putting up with my shit" thing.

I always get that feeling if I go buy her stuff though. the worst has been when I had to return a bra I bought her last valentines day lol. after that experience, I made an executive decision to let her take whatever it is back and pick something out herself.;)

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Rest of my collection is for sale!

#8865 MasaTFC   Chelsea 2014-15 EPL Champs !!!!! CAGiversary!   4905 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Definitely, I'm down to help out fellow CAGs. I'm close to the Mills and I'm about 20 minutes away from Monroeville and McKnight. I usually hit up the Mills once a month and the other 2 every couple months. Let me know if you're looking for anything and I can keep an eye out. That would kick ass if you are in the South Hills because I never check any of the Sears or Kmarts out that way.

my gf (who is from jacksonville florida) always jokes that to get anywhere in pittsburgh, ya have to drive 20 minutes:lol:

judging by the distance to those stores, i am going to guess you live on the east side (like me!) or in shaler township. I can check the south hills for ya, I tend to have the best luck in those two sears. did you find anything in monroeville in the last week? In all the running around i did this weekend, I didn't even go to the closest one to my house:drool:

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Rest of my collection is for sale!

#8866 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Don't worry, I was only really looking for the games I mentioned. Yeah I picked up a few games here & there just to make it worthwhile but I didn't clear anything out. I also did not make a special gaming run, I hit these stores because I happened to be in the areas doing other stuff. I hit up some Kmarts too but those were pretty much a waste of time :roll:
Last Updated on 11/11/06

#8867 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

Don't worry, I was only really looking for the games I mentioned. Yeah I picked up a few games here & there just to make it worthwhile but I didn't clear anything out. I also did not make a special gaming run, I hit these stores because I happened to be in the areas doing other stuff. I hit up some Kmarts too but those were pretty much a waste of time :roll:

Yeah. The Kmart up in DC has been a waste for a while now. The only redeeming thing they had were the PS EYE's and PS3 chatpads, both of which were out of the system. So they put them back in at $4 and $5 each. I only grabbed one EYE and one chatpad from there. They had 2-3 of each left when I left them a week or so ago. So since then someone else came through and bought them all.

Same thing with that last Kmart I showed you between here and WB. They had 3-4 of each last month, all gone this month. :bomb:

That's why I ended up using my free $5 SYWR points on Reese's mini pb cups and a transformer to hook up my old antennas to my HDtv with.

Posted Image

#8868 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

I always get that feeling if I go buy her stuff though. the worst has been when I had to return a bra I bought her last valentines day lol. after that experience, I made an executive decision to let her take whatever it is back and pick something out herself.;)

I don't see any reason for it to be awkward at all. I mean, the worst that could happen is that someone might think you're a crossdresser. Just wait until you get married and you have to stock up on tampons, tabloids, douches, or whatever the hell she needs.

#8869 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

he bought a big ass bra, wishful thinking

#8870 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't see any reason for it to be awkward at all. I mean, the worst that could happen is that someone might think you're a crossdresser. Just wait until you get married and you have to stock up on tampons, tabloids, douches, or whatever the hell she needs.

This right here is why I normally prefer older women, so at least all of those potential shopping list items are gone.;):-#

Posted Image

#8871 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12027 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

This right here is why I normally prefer older women, so at least all of those potential shopping list items are gone.;):-#

Yeah, because then she needs Depends, Metamucil, prunes, denture glue, and probably some KY for Lube.

mmitch079.pngmmitch079.pngmmitch079.png

#8872 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, because then she needs Depends, Metamucil, prunes, denture glue, and probably some KY for Lube.

:lol:I don't mean THAT fuckin' old. :-# I'm talking mid to late 40's and maybe(maybe) early 50's if she doesn't look her age. I dated a 41 year old when I was like 29. She was a hot latina MILF with a pretty hot body for having popped out 3-4 kids. :D

Posted Image

#8873 Jack_Frost   Banned Banned   1192 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Jack_Frost

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

and diapers and jello

#8874 shiningslade   Master Of Pinball CAGiversary!   635 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

shiningslade

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:37 PM

:lol:I don't mean THAT fuckin' old. :-# I'm talking mid to late 40's and maybe(maybe) early 50's if she doesn't look her age. I dated a 41 year old when I was like 29. She was a hot latina MILF with a pretty hot body for having popped out 3-4 kids. :D

Pics or it didn't happen! :booty:
Last Updated on 11/11/06

#8875 slppedyoursster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   455 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

slppedyoursster

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Went to Sears in my town to see about Halo Reach. They had two copies both 24.97: (

The Sears in Clackamas, OR seems to not follow these national price drops. I took Mario & Luigi over to the kiosk and it still rings up as ~$27 and not the 9.97 as mentioned before. Very mediocre selection and drops, though the sublime froyo I got somewhat vindicated the long drive out.

3-4 kids? What did she do, lose count? :lol:

Back OT, has there been any word as to when all of their video games will be cleared out? Or was that just a rumor? I thought I remember reading on here that tablets were taking the place of games.

#8876 ets   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

3-4 kids? What did she do, lose count? :lol:

Back OT, has there been any word as to when all of their video games will be cleared out? Or was that just a rumor? I thought I remember reading on here that tablets were taking the place of games.

Already done at my store, all the glass cases was moved by computer assories and only have gaming assories and hardware. Was told at one store their only going to carry wii u stuff after they get rid of the other systems.
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#8877 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   8656 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Was at the only nearby Sears and they barely had anything. Most of the games were either year old sports games and older popular games that are still cheaper on Amazon and eBay. Only game that interested me was Zelda OoT for the 3DS and it was only $30.

#8878 cheapbastard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

cheapbastard

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Picked up:
Fable 3 $5
Dark souls $10
enchanted arms $5
Disneyland kinect $10
Deus ex $5

Thanks to whoever posted the drops!

#8879 theking20   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4575 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I really hate google product search, wtf asking me to type in a security code 0_o i'm not buying anything and not even having Sears half the time.

for the games i did checked must are out of stock, boo

#8880 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Went to spend the $5 SYWR last night, one store was mostly picked clean of anything worthwhile. Hoping to find a Starfox 64 3D (saw two there last week), but predictably both were gone. Grabbed a 2000 Wii points card for $6.97 after the discount, hasn't dropped in price in over 5 months, so I figure why not.

All in all this was the first aggressive clearance drop in months, though with plenty of notable titles left in my stores, I can only hope for another big drop next month.