* * * * * 1 votes

Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

#9301 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1616 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Got a Move bundle for $14.97 and also picked up a Vita USB Cable which was marked at $4.97 but ran up at $2.97.

Couldn't think of anything better to spend my free $5 I got from SYWR on which expire tomorrow.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#9302 maxpower0965   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1092 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

maxpower0965

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Got a Move bundle for $14.97 and also picked up a Vita USB Cable which was marked at $4.97 but ran up at $2.97.

Couldn't think of anything better to spend my free $5 I got from SYWR on which expire tomorrow.

Which move bundle is it?

#9303 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

He could have just been trying to make small talk. Speaking from experience, he may have just been giving you the benefit of the doubt by repeating himself thinking that you just didn't hear him rather than rudely ignoring him. Management doesn't care what you do with the product as long as you don't return it. Cashiers typically just flat out don't care.

He obviously cared very much!
If he didn't care, he could just scan the item, charge me, collect, and let me leave.
I wasn't there for a haircut or to get a cocktail. The situation doesn't merit any conversation beyond "how are you today?"

#9304 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Picked up today:

Vita USB - $2.97
Vita Cradle - $2.97
Vita AC Adaptor - $2.97
3DS Charging Cradle + AC Adaptor - $.97 x 2

$11.75 out the door.

#9305 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

Is anyone here who got those cheap 3DSs willing to sell one to me for $90?

24646xl.jpg

My YouTube channel has been reborn into Gee Wiz Gaming! Become a Little Wizard and subscribe! Comment any criticism you may have and share my first new video with your friends.

https://www.youtube....Lx888bJmv8AWUwQ

Now if only i could afford an Elgato and a Snowball....

#9306 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2342 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Which move bundle is it?

It's the Sports Champions / Medieval Moves bundle - this one.

The UPC is 711719983934, in case anybody needs it.

Went looking for the Bluetooth which they didn't have but left with the Move bundle and a USB car adapter for $20 (+ tax) total.

Interesting thing I observed was that they seem to be testing a program with iPads. The cashier basically rang up my purchase twice - for real on the register and simulated on the tablet. I have a hard enough time finding a cashier as it is in their stores and they want to make them mobile?!

Yeah, they had that at my store too. I couldn't help but think such a cool technology is wasted on a useless store like Sears.

#9307 Rocketsfan   CAG in Training CAG in Training   10 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Rocketsfan

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Just went to my local sears. Had the flame red 3ds come up regular price, guess this isnt at all sears?

#9308 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

Just went to my local sears. Had the flame red 3ds come up regular price, guess this isnt at all sears?

Small box or big box? All the clearance 3DS's are on the larger 1st wave boxes.

#9309 Rocketsfan   CAG in Training CAG in Training   10 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Rocketsfan

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Small box or big box? All the clearance 3DS's are on the larger 1st wave boxes.

Oh I see, these were the small box ones with the Mario pre-installed game. Thanks for clarifying. I'll keep an eye out for the big box ones then.

#9310 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1512 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

I told the clerk I thought I heard them being cleared out at $2 each. So I'm hoping the manager will just go with it and give them to me at that price. Or better yet, give them to me for free.

I thought it was like Kmart where they either refuse to sell it to you, or you get the last known price in the system.

#9311 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

It seems to depend on the employee. Last time I tried to buy some out of the system games, the employee just entered them in at $4.97 since I was buying a couple of other games that were in the system for $4.97. The time before that, I tried to buy a DS charger and the employee refused to sell it to me so I went back a few days later and got another employee to let me buy it (since the first employee put it back in the case, and I was in the mall anyway) and they entered $3.97 since it was tagged for that price.

#9312 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3069 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

I only managed to get a vita cradle. Figured that might be useful if I ever get a good deal on a vita.

#9313 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

I told the clerk I thought I heard them being cleared out at $2 each. So I'm hoping the manager will just go with it and give them to me at that price. Or better yet, give them to me for free.

Any thoughts on if they would still even work? Or do you think they would have expired by now?

The Wii points in the old clamshell are a bit of a tricky item, as I've seen three different prices at three different Sears, so it wasn't a universal price drop. If they don't take you up on your $2 offer, your best bet in the mean time is if you use the UPC off the back (which is 045496890346) and create a scan bar sheet (quick link to specific UPC on www.upcdatabase.com) to check out your other local stores. I've seen them ring up between $15 to $7 on clearance, so perhaps they can give that other store a call and confirm their prices (assuming you checked it out first, if they aren't too far away).

Also, those cards do not expire, so they should be just as good as when they created the codes.

#9314 Zimmy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

They only had the Vita AC Adaptor and Cradle at my Sear's and I grabbed them both for $2.97 each.
I can't believe Sony had the b@lls to release the AC Adaptor without the necessary proprietary USB cable.
I would have returned it if it didn't cost $3, I can imagine someone paying $20 for it.
Posted Image

#9315 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1102 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

The Wii points in the old clamshell are a bit of a tricky item, as I've seen three different prices at three different Sears, so it wasn't a universal price drop. If they don't take you up on your $2 offer, your best bet in the mean time is if you use the UPC off the back (which is 045496890346) and create a scan bar sheet (quick link to specific UPC on www.upcdatabase.com) to check out your other local stores. I've seen them ring up between $15 to $7 on clearance, so perhaps they can give that other store a call and confirm their prices (assuming you checked it out first, if they aren't too far away).

Also, those cards do not expire, so they should be just as good as when they created the codes.

I finally got ahold of another person that had some notes on what they were going to do. They are to sell me 4 of them at $4 each. I assume they are keeping the rest for themselves which I guess I'm ok with. Just as long as I get some. $16 for $80 in Wii Points is awesome to me.

Might pick up a Vita cradle too because they are cheap and I am sure I will get one eventually.

#9316 ohnoitschris   rainmaker CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

ohnoitschris

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

They only had the Vita AC Adaptor and Cradle at my Sear's and I grabbed them both for $2.97 each.
I can't believe Sony had the b@lls to release the AC Adaptor without the necessary proprietary USB cable.
I would have returned it if it didn't cost $3, I can imagine someone paying $20 for it.

I wouldn't doubt Sony's gotten more returns than it was worth on replacement AC adapters and USB cables, simply because they didn't package the two together.

My Sears is just about sold out of games. :( They're down to like, Mario U and Call of Duty, and not much else. They don't even have Madden 13 on Wii U.

#9317 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Black 3DS's are scanning for $129.97. Maybe $99.97 next month? If they last

Is it the bigger or smaller box? Sorry had to ask because I seen it in two different sizes

#9318 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10280 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Gotta admit that one is pretty bs too. Nearly fell for it myself because my USB cable has a small tear that I had to put some tape on, was gonna buy it until I saw the USB cable sitting right above it for 15$.

Not sure why both werent on clearance....

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#9319 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Is it the bigger or smaller box? Sorry had to ask because I seen it in two different sizes

As far as I know it's only been the bigger box 3DS's that have clearanced out.

#9320 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Saw some move bundles but they're tagged at $49.97, the tags are hand written. Reading back in this thread some people are getting them at $15? Guess I'm going back tomorrow to do some scanning.

While looking, an employee that was probably in his mid fifties asked if I needed help. Told him I was looking and he said he sometimes picks up deals to sell on Ebay. No wonder all the games disappeared all at once a few months ago.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#9321 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1102 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Ended up getting 5 of the 2000 point cards in clam shells for $4 a card. They won't activate on the Wii U eShop, so I'm thinking they might be limited to the Wii eShop or DSi eShop. I will have to wait until the TV the Wii is hooked up to frees up to try there. I was really hoping to use the points to get some games for the Wii U. :cry: I'm not even sure if there is 10,000 points worth of stuff I want from the Wii eShop.

I also ended up getting a Vita cradle, USB cable, and AC adapter for 2.97 each. I guess I'll stash them until I get a Vita.

*EDIT*
Apparently Nintendo Points <> Nintendo eShop. Any good recommendations of software/games from the Wii Shop (or whatever they are calling it these days)?

#9322 rayword45   CAG in Training CAG in Training   16 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

rayword45

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

^Wii Shop? I'd spend it on the DSiWare shop first due to shitty policies.

And the problem is almost every game worth your time on the Wii Shop is cheaper on iOS

Not able to get elsewhere

Fluidity is $12
MaBoShi is okay, $8
The Art Style games range from $6-$8
WarioWare D.I.Y Showcase is $8

And that's it. Every other game is cheaper elsewhere from what I can remember. The DSi Shop actually has more good exclusives, Fuck the ignorant haters.

#9323 Monoxide1986   Recovering Flipper CAGiversary!   1102 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Monoxide1986

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

^Wii Shop? I'd spend it on the DSiWare shop first due to shitty policies.

And the problem is almost every game worth your time on the Wii Shop is cheaper on iOS

Not able to get elsewhere

Fluidity is $12
MaBoShi is okay, $8
The Art Style games range from $6-$8
WarioWare D.I.Y Showcase is $8

And that's it. Every other game is cheaper elsewhere from what I can remember. The DSi Shop actually has more good exclusives, Fuck the ignorant haters.

I don't own a DSi, just an old school DS and a 3DS. I've read you can transfer applications from the DSi to 3DS, but I'd have to have a DSi device first.

I also don't own any iOS devices. I have a long standing hatred of Apple and anything and everything they create
Spoiler

Thanks for the suggestions though.

#9324 canvasch   El Chi Po CAGiversary!   1507 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

my sears (Ocala - FL) sucks!!! they have a tiny video game display and no clearance rack... i did find a few items on clearance... but the prices weren't slashed to sell (usually $10- 20 off items msrp $25 to 35$)
plus they only had like a total of 25 different games between the ps3, 360, DS and 3ds.... lame!

fs_lastplayed.png

#9325 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Saw some move bundles but they're tagged at $49.97, the tags are hand written. Reading back in this thread some people are getting them at $15? Guess I'm going back tomorrow to do some scanning.

While looking, an employee that was probably in his mid fifties asked if I needed help. Told him I was looking and he said he sometimes picks up deals to sell on Ebay. No wonder all the games disappeared all at once a few months ago.

The Medieval Move bundle I got was stickered $74.97. Rang up $14.97.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#9326 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'm jealous of everyone getting these Move bundles. I know they look stupid, but my kid would just love playing those Wonderbook games. It's tempting to stop by Sears, but I know they haven't sold the Move there in months. They barely even sell any games at all.

#9327 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2014 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Invicta 61

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

The Medieval Move bundle I got was stickered $74.97. Rang up $14.97.

That's the bundle I saw, they had 3 of them. I'm jumping on one of them because I've been wanting to try out House of the Dead Overkill with the gun.
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#9328 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5411 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

I don't own a DSi, just an old school DS and a 3DS. I've read you can transfer applications from the DSi to 3DS, but I'd have to have a DSi device first.

I also don't own any iOS devices. I have a long standing hatred of Apple and anything and everything they create

Spoiler

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Off topic but I have a iPod touch 4th gen, iPod touch 5th gen and an iPad 2 and none of them have failed yet. I will not buy apple accessories though as I managed to burn out one of their stupid $30 chargers within 3 months and their cables always tear, you can get cables and chargers for a few dollars each if that these days that last longer than the Apple ones. The $30 USB charger was a gift from a friend and I had no proof of purchase so I couldn't take it back to the Apple store, so I thought it would be the best but its easily been the worst I have owned.

However I did manage to break 2 DS Lite's, but not a DSi, and my 3DS seems fine although it does have the usual issues like screen scratching.

#9329 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3750 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Spoiler

You'd definitely hate to own a dishwasher then... 8-)

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#9330 Billytwoshoes   Perpetually behind the times CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Billytwoshoes

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Apparently Nintendo Points <> Nintendo eShop. Any good recommendations of software/games from the Wii Shop (or whatever they are calling it these days)?

Yeah, you can only use the Wii points cards for the Wii Shop or DSiware. There are, however, tons of WiiWare games I would recommend (besides the plethora of VC titles, like Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana, for example):

Fluidity
La Mulana
Retro City Rampage
MotoHeroz
Mega Man 9 / Mega Man 10
Bubble Bobble Plus!
Castlevania ReBirth
escapeVektor Chapter 1
FAST Racing League
Jett Rocket
Art of Balance
LostWinds (or its sequel, though I think there were problems porting this over to Wii U, not sure if you first purchase it on Wii U in Wii Mode though)
More on my mind, but I don't want to clog up too much space...

You can get some of these for cheaper elsewhere (at base prices), but since you got the cards for $4 each, most of these come out to roughly $2-3 bucks, I'd say that is hard to beat.