* * * * * 3 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

#6031 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17101 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ted was a perfect example of why Family Guy is ~20 minutes running an episode and a cartoon.  I think I laughed twice the entire movie and any messages were muddled in an underwhelming plot that seemed more interested in paying tribute to the 80's than standing on its own.

Exactly you've seen one family guy episode you've seen ted. Horrible movie

#6032 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10181 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ted's obviously a movie about Stewie, Rupert, and Meg with a make-over.

elessar123.png

#6033 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   1948 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

Currently watching Star Trek First Contact

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

752870.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6034 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Only God Forgives - I tried to keep an open mind but I hated it. Just in my opinion a terrible movie. I got all the symbolism but that doesn't make it good by any means. Just stay away from this one guys.

I see all this hate for Ted, I saw it with friends and we liked it though I get why some here wouldn't.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6035 Mandy I Am   Mew Lickens CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Mandy I Am

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:51 AM

Watched Oz: The Great and Powerful and 21 & Over on Sunday. Both movies were entertaining. Oz has beautiful scenery and has touching parts to it but I can't understand their casting decision with Mila Kunis. 21 & Over was ridiculously stupid but I laughed so hard. 

#6036 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7185 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

Boys from Brazil, awesome film, catch it on Netflix if you've not seen it.

OuN33jx.png

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#6037 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11516 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Now I understand why so many people liked Dredd: it doesn't take itself seriously.  I'd even go as far to say it's art house but that might be pushing it.  Just a dumb fun movie and I dug it.  Only downside was the BD transfer looks like shit BUT the grain may have been the director's decision.  Adds the extra edge of grit typical in art house.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6038 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42732 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Pacific Rim. 

Great eye candy from beginning to end, action sequences were over the top.  3D worked well even if it was post-produced.  CGI was amazingly well done.

Sucks that it came out in a bad timeslot and may not make up its costs until it opens overseas.

#6039 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

It's already opened up overseas and has made a ton of money in Asian, Russian and MIddle/South American markets. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6040 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

It would have done well in the UK but monsters university came out same day but saying that no films did particularly well in the box office the past 3 weeks since we had our best summer in years.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6041 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3182 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

The Wolverine

It was alright.

Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#6042 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

#6043 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   1948 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Ip man - the action was good, can't believe I hadn't heard of Donnie yen before this film. However the film felt a little propaganda like with overt patriotism, which I'm not too keen on and found a little heavy handed but as a martial arts film its good.

Donnie Yen is epic, loads of good films with him in.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

752870.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.

#6044 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:10 PM

Donnie Yen is epic, loads of good films with him in.

Been on a hiatus with asian action cinema but  slowly getting back into it, gonna check his stuff out. Watched one called chocolate and I liked the action in that, that was good too.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6045 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Oblivion is good. Not great. But pretty good. Surprisingly underrated.

#6046 HeroToTheMasses   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

HeroToTheMasses

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:54 AM

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE FLASHPOINT PARADOX

Oh man. So goood.

#6047 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9411 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Oblivion is good. Not great. But pretty good. Surprisingly underrated.

O.o  Serious...?   The only thing I liked was the gun scenes.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#6048 detectiveconan16   I Keep Forgettin' to Write on the Memo Pad CAGiversary!   5424 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Oh man. So goood.

Tim Daly's son, Sam, was the voice of Superman in this movie, but Lois Lane is the same as ever.

Batsugunner.png

#6049 Poor2More   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4008 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Mud- Solid film, Mathew McConaughey best performance.

Posted Image

#6050 buffdrew84   My elbow feel funny CAGiversary!   8695 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Paul

Funny with heart. Lots of nice references especially the cantina music in the bar.
And boom goes the dynamite

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#6051 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1299 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

Trance - not too bad, worth a tach if you look thrillers with a twist.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6052 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11516 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:27 AM

I'm glad they're still making films like Pacific Rim to scratch that itch but what an awful script lol.  I can just imagine Del Toro as a 14 year old boy writing this after watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time.  It's so campy and probably on purpose, but I can't help thinking how amazing this movie would have been with a little more effort.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6053 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35470 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:29 AM

I'm glad they're still making films like Pacific Rim to scratch that itch but what an awful script lol.  I can just imagine Del Toro as a 14 year old boy writing this after watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time.  It's so campy and probably on purpose, but I can't help thinking how amazing this movie would have been with a little more effort.

Godzilla, maybe.

Evangelion. Nope.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

#6054 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11516 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Godzilla, maybe.

Evangelion. Nope.

The closest Godzilla gets to PR is Ultraman crossovers and even that's a stretch.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6055 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35470 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Time and Eternity
PS3

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

The closest Godzilla gets to PR is Ultraman crossovers and even that's a stretch.

You've got to be kidding. Pacific Rim is Del Toro's tribute to giant monster movies. The monsters are even called Kaiju. I don't know how more in your face that could be.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

#6056 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

The Wolverine - 4/5 - It took them 4 movies (excluding his cameo in First Class) but they finally got Wolverine right as a character. Some really great visuals mixed with some nice set locations. The sound is pretty good, and blends well with the excellent cinematography. It does get kind of cheesy toward the end, but still a great comic book film. The teaser during/after the credits is right up there with Iron Man's IMO.

4 Assassins - 3/5 - Decent movie with some decent performances (Will Yun Lee and Miguel Ferrer), but ultimately the plot and narrative is too vague and often to forgotten at certain points in the movie. You'd think a movie about four assassins would have a bit more action and martial arts, but oddly enough, it focuses more on tense dialogues and conversations. The writing is a bit cliche in some of the dialogue, but it does make it engaging and enjoyable.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6057 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

We Bought a Zoo.  Liked it a lot.

The Artist.  First time since seeing it in the theater, loved it just as much the 2nd time around.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6058 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2262 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Oh man. So goood.

Yup. Pretty surprised considering I thought the comic event itself was pretty "meh". But the movie fleshed out the world more than the 5-issue story itself did, animation was great, and overall really damn good. Up there as one of the best DC Animation movies yet IMO.

#6059 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   1948 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

The Wolverine

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

752870.png

#6060 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11516 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

You've got to be kidding. Pacific Rim is Del Toro's tribute to giant monster movies. The monsters are even called Kaiju. I don't know how more in your face that could be.

In the Godzilla movies, it was usually monster vs monster action with humans just being fodder.  Evangelion focuses on a teenage boy recruited by an organization named NERV to control a giant cyborg called an Evangelion to fight monstrous beings known as Angels. The show takes place largely in a futuristic Tokyo years after a worldwide catastrophe. It also centers around other Evangelion pilots and members of NERV as they try to prevent another catastrophe.

Tell me which of those two sounds more like PR.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg