* * * * * 3 votes

Surprisingly The Last Movie You Saw Didn't Suck Pt. 2

#6691 moon_knight   Gotta Have Blue Hair CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

moon_knight

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

Oh well. I'll flip a table if somehow Guardians of the Galaxy makes refernece to it.

#6692 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   6982 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

GotG will likely make mention (probably in the Stinger) of Thanos or the Infinity Gems, but probably not directly like previous films.

Cap 2 shouldn't be surprising since Avengers was originally going to focus more on him and most of the good guys were front and center in Avengers. And it makes sense considering how much that film shook up the MCU.

#6693 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9928 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

Monsters University: 3/5, decent enough movie but a lot of contrived plot.  Lot more could have been done I think.

Pacific Rim: 3/5.  Looks great on Blu Ray and the mechs are fantastic but the Asian chick really annoyed me and the story was all over the place at times.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#6694 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   1968 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

Meet the Parents

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

752870.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#6695 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22393 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Dredd.  One of the best Die Hard rip-offs I've ever seen.  Highly enjoyable for what it was and I can't believe

Spoiler

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#6696 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

The Iceman - 4/5 - Very great movie. Amazing performances from Michael Shannon, Winona Ryder and Chris Evans (yes, Captain America). The only thing holding this film back was the direction. It wasn't bad, but just generic.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#6697 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

The Iceman - 4/5 - Very great movie. Amazing performances from Michael Shannon, Winona Ryder and Chris Evans (yes, Captain America). The only thing holding this film back was the direction. It wasn't bad, but just generic.

Good performances but couldn't help but feel tv movie vibe from it at times. Like you said it's the direction.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6698 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35993 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

Dredd.  One of the best Die Hard rip-offs I've ever seen.  Highly enjoyable for what it was and I can't believe

Spoiler

Was probably for the best.

http://movies.uk.msn...remove-helmet-1

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#6699 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7162 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Dredd. One of the best Die Hard rip-offs I've ever seen. Highly enjoyable for what it was and I can't believe

Spoiler

Said he wouldn't have done the movie if the script called for that to happen.

Dredd is probably my favorite movie of the last 3 years.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6700 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   9017 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

OMG! I'm going to The Hobbit 2 Premiere tomorrow at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, CA. I can't wait!

#6701 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

The Hobbit was a load of crap, not looking forward to the second one. It's surprising since I loved the lotr trilogy. 

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6702 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10660 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

The Hobbit was a load of crap, not looking forward to the second one. It's surprising since I loved the lotr trilogy. 

Probably cause LotR was 1500 pages shrunk to 3 movies, while the Hobbit is 300 pages stretched to 3 movies..

elessar123.png

#6703 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Probably cause LotR was 1500 pages shrunk to 3 movies, while the Hobbit is 300 pages stretched to 3 movies..

Been thinking since my last post, I think it's partly because I didn't care for any of the characters whereas in fellowship of the ring I got attached to them rather quickly and rooted for them.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6704 lolwhat  

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

The length of book vs film is a reductionist way of looking at it, but yeah, The Hobbit does suffer from a lack of any compelling direction. The characters do suck, really. Bilbo had zero development, he just sort of became brave in that instant with the trolls. And that's fine for a children's story maybe, which this is, but I have no interest in that sort of thing. There will still be cool scenes worth seeing in each of these movies but overall I see them as bloated pieces of fanservice. The orc villain was supposed to tie some sense of drama to the movie (and he's back in the next film, it seems), but what a dumb back story that was.

It might have made for an excellent TV series, I think. Or even a series of those awesome narrative sequences like the movie opened with, depicting the history of dwarves and the Smaug attack. I even enjoyed the break to the Brown wizard's life in the forest. Would have been cool to just have a Tolkien movie of short stories, you know? 

#6705 J7.   $$$$ It CAGiversary!   7704 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

Courage Under Fire - 3/5

#6706 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Warrior - Good film with great performances from all 3 leads. I did I have one or two issues with the ending but I won't let it tarnish the earlier parts of the film.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6707 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   6687 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Actually enjoyed Europa Report. Expected worse based on the Netflix ratings, but then, they are Netflix ratings.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

I make art for this game! It's also fun as hell and you should try it. http://store.steampo...com/app/291550/

#6708 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

But it also draws from the LOTR appendices and fleshes out stuff like the White Council vs the Nefromacer that took place "off page" in the Hobbit book. So it's far more than just the 300 pages of text.

Personally, I liked the hobbit movie a lot. Not as much as the LOTR movies, but still thought it was a great flick.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#6709 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

But it also draws from the LOTR appendices and fleshes out stuff like the White Council vs the Nefromacer that took place "off page" in the Hobbit book. So it's far more than just the 300 pages of text.

Personally, I liked the hobbit movie a lot. Not as much as the LOTR movies, but still thought it was a great flick.

I liked the Necromancer plot so if theres more of that in the sequel then I'll catch it on dvd. For the moment I want to watch American Hustle and Wolf of Wall Street.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6710 lolwhat  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

Pacific Rim - 1/5: That was surprisingly hard to stomach.

#6711 Vulcan2422   Merchandiser With The Mouth CAGiversary!   4635 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Im actually excited to go see Escape Plan tonight. 

Monsters Univerisity - 3/5 - Had it moments but like another poster said, a lot more could have been done with it

Kick-Ass 2 - 4/5 -I'm a hardcore fan, so when the digital version came out I bought it. I just love it. Can't wait for the Blu for the extra stuff

Six Days, Seven Nights - 3/5 - Man, Danny Trejo with no mustache is so weird! Still a good movie though! 

Speaking of Danny Trejo, apparently he made a sequel to Bad Ass called Bad Asses and Danny Glover is his friend that helps him clean up LA. I gotta see this as I liked Bad Ass.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#6712 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11562 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

Frozen was good.  Not the epic critics were making it out to be but good.

As for Monsters University -- is was ok. . .for the last 20 minutes or so.  I think Pixar needs some fresh ideas because lately they've been on a huge decline.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#6713 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9928 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

yeah, Monsters University really felt like a cash cow for Pixar.  Very little originality in it.  

On the talk of the Hobbit, I agree that 3 movies is too much (I think 2 is pushing it) but I'm still excited for it.  

Garrus_Lannister.png

#6714 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   9017 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

Lone Survivor - 3/5 - Marky Mark done pretty well. He tremble down the rocky mountain 3 times and yet he still alive with lot of bruise and blood all over him.

#6715 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7162 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Kick-Ass 2 - 4/5 -I'm a hardcore fan, so when the digital version came out I bought it. I just love it. Can't wait for the Blu for the extra stuff

Glad someone liked Kick-Ass 2 as much as me. Don't know how anyone expected anything different. It was great.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#6716 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

Glad someone liked Kick-Ass 2 as much as me. Don't know how anyone expected anything different. It was great.

I also like kick-ass 2, you get what you expect in the film.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6717 detectiveconan16   Batbutt. So Jealous. CAGiversary!   5572 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

They showed both Conan movies today on tv. I enjoyed those films.

Batsugunner.png

#6718 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1312 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

A lot of movies on tv now.

Oceans Eleven - Mr Clooney and co. This is the best of the 3 and a very smooth fun film. Always enjoy watching it.

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#6719 TooMuchCoolness   Deep Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   1129 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

TooMuchCoolness

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

The Conjuring

creepy ass film

NighT_Ryder31.png

#6720 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   35993 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

A lot of movies on tv now.

Oceans Eleven - Mr Clooney and co. This is the best of the 3 and a very smooth fun film. Always enjoy watching it.

I think I might like Thirteen the best.

Twelve was terrible though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.