DJ Hero bundle $89 shipped @ official GH store (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360)

[quote name='Xiemos']Waiting for BF deals on DJ Hero. This is going to be one of the more available discounted items in BF IMO.[/QUOTE]

It'd have to be online, as the retail stores have their ads done already. Haven't seen a BF ad yet have this game in it.

Amazon or Buy might run it if they have huge overstock.. which I assume they do.

And to think I ALMOST bought this at GS yesterday for 119...sooo glad I waited. I'm really tempted now to order but I think I'm going to wait till it's 70-ish.

Thanks OP! Great deal, but like the others I'm waiting. I'm literally falling all over these things (or bumping into them) in most of the stores I go to. I expect a drop (hopefully below $89) somewhere between BF and Xmas.

[quote name='SEH']You just know this thing'll be like $40 new in two months.[/QUOTE]

No way. If it was just software then I'd agree but with the hardware I just don't see it.

[quote name='genfuyung']No way. If it was just software then I'd agree but with the hardware I just don't see it.[/QUOTE]
I stated in an earlier thread, this game (along with BH) has Target Clearance section written all over it. They saturated the market with these plastic peripherals, now they're paying the price (at the worst possible time). Didn't they learn anything from the past mistakes of comic books and baseball cards companies?

I really feel bad for this game. It is my kind of game and I know I'll enjoy it but like many others will knowingly wait till it drops a tremendous amount.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I really feel bad for this game. It is my kind of game and I know I'll enjoy it but like many others will knowingly wait till it drops a tremendous amount.[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way. The game looks and plays great.

At this point, they really don't have a choice but to drop the price (to recoup some serious revenue lost). They have about 30 days to make a decision on a universal drop before retailers start taking matters into their own hands.

When they do that, you better believe they'll "bend us over" on DLC pricing to make up for it.

pretty sweet...but like the masses I will wait until BF and after. nice find though, didn't consider looking there for a deal.

[quote name='genfuyung']No way. If it was just software then I'd agree but with the hardware I just don't see it.[/QUOTE]

You maybe eating those words very soon...

"...when you compare it (Brutal Legend selling 215,000 units for PS3 & 360) to DJ Hero, however, which only sold 122,300 units.four platforms. Yes, it was only on sale for five days in October (still a long enough time to pick up decent numbers), but this was Activision's first crack at their own "Hero" game. It had an expensive marketing campaign, and was backed by heavyweights like Daft Punk, Jay-Z and DJ Shadow."

Brutal Legend (360) - 150,000 units
Brutal Legend (PS3) - 66,000 units
DJ Hero (360) - 62,000 units
DJ Hero (PS3) - 39,000 units
DJ Hero (Wii) - 19,000 units
DJ Hero (PS2) - 3,300 units

http://kotaku.com/5403712/october-sales-dj-hero-tanks-brutal-legend-well

Not to mention in less than two weeks from shipping, is already ending up at GS used for $59.99!!!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241731

I'm pretty sure this game will tank in price.

By the way OP, thanks for the heads up, pretty damn nice, with free 2-day shipping and all.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']You maybe eating those words very soon...
l[/QUOTE]

Nah, Activision changed their production order to compensate for low preorder sales.

That coupled with the net revenue being triple that of a 60 dollar game and it's not quite such a "huge failure".

It's needs to clear 500k before the end of the year and it will need word of mouth and a price drop to 89.99 get there but there aren't tons of these sitting on target shelves. Most stored halved the space for DJ Hero that was set aside for other Hero games.

The game should have been 90 to begin with but I doubt it will be 60 new until next summer when the big clearance begins for the sequel.

Yeah, i bought this at best buy for 119 & guitar hero world tour for 120 just a few days ago, time to return em (unopend) I just jumped on this deal and also bought world tour for 79 at walmart.com - just saved 70 bucks :)

Looks like it works on Renegade Edition, too. Will save over $20 compared to when I bought it at Best Buy w/ the 10% movies/music/games coupon. Good thing I didn't open it yet.

i'm just wondering what kind of price drops/deals can be expected for the renegade edition this holiday season. i'm not typically into special editions, but i've heard various people state that it sucks playing this game if you need to keep that turntable on your lap, and i don't want to drag something in front of my tv to set the turntable on everytime i feel like playing this game. having a case that doubles as a stand seems pretty important.

Being $59.99 USED at Gamestop doesn't mean anything about the future price of this, doubtful you are going to see $60 unless it's a YMMV clearance.

I haven't seen huge stacks of this game anyplace but Costco.

[quote name='trent82']i'm just wondering what kind of price drops/deals can be expected for the renegade edition this holiday season. i'm not typically into special editions, but i've heard various people state that it sucks playing this game if you need to keep that turntable on your lap, and i don't want to drag something in front of my tv to set the turntable on everytime i feel like playing this game. having a case that doubles as a stand seems pretty important.[/QUOTE]

Renegade could go either way. It sure takes up a ton more space in a store but only Best Buy and a few other stores carry it so less chance for clearance. I'd think it'll be 80 bucks at best but I doubt there will be tons of them around. Maybe Amazon...

I have the renegade edition and I love it. People are right about it being difficult at Hard or Expert when playing in your lap. Thing is, setting up the case is a a bit of a pain and is a little unstable. It's unstable because it's 4 feet off the ground so many people's home set ups can be probably be even more unstable. That said, I intend to set it up for my eventual expert run.

The case is great for storage or travel though and has a decent build quality as well.

what was the lowest price for gh3 ? $40 ?
if gh3 was $40, i can't see dj hero will ever drop below $60

GH store has been having alot of good deals recently...good for me as ive been looking for a cheap WT bundle. I hope they have some good deals for ps3 soon as it seems the deals are focused towards the 360 right now

[quote name='acyw13']what was the lowest price for gh3 ? $40 ?
if gh3 was $40, i can't see dj hero will ever drop below $60[/QUOTE]

Of course, GH3 was extremely popular when it was released and sold $115 million in its first week across all platforms... the game cannot be said about DJ Hero.

[quote name='acyw13']what was the lowest price for gh3 ? $40 ?
if gh3 was $40, i can't see dj hero will ever drop below $60[/QUOTE]

The cheapest I saw it was $4.97 for the Wireless Bundle for 360 and PS2 at Sears.

The next cheapest I saw was $7 for the Wireless PS2 Bundle at KMart.

besides BF deals, this is the kind of game that like the first Guitar Hero, they are hoping will pick up steam through word of mouth and is probably going to sell better as people start buying holiday gifts

Still not spending 90 bucks on this when i have dragon age, mw2, uncharted 2, forza 3, borderlands and others sitting on my shelf:)

Hm.... thinking hard about this one. I think I should wait, have a feeling it'll be cheaper soon and I have so many other games waiting to be played. Thanks OP though, great deal for many. If Amazon matches this I'll go for it as I have like $120 in Amazon credit waiting to be spent.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Just wait and this game will drop like a stone. Wouldn't be surprised if it's less than $60 by springtime.[/QUOTE]

This.

I definitely think this is destined for a quick drop. All of these music game bundles end up on clearance, because they are big and take up space. Eventually, stores just want them gone. Plus, I just don't see this game appealing to a large, broad audience the way Rock Band and Guitar Hero have.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Renegade could go either way. It sure takes up a ton more space in a store but only Best Buy and a few other stores carry it so less chance for clearance. I'd think it'll be 80 bucks at best but I doubt there will be tons of them around. Maybe Amazon...

I have the renegade edition and I love it. People are right about it being difficult at Hard or Expert when playing in your lap. Thing is, setting up the case is a a bit of a pain and is a little unstable. It's unstable because it's 4 feet off the ground so many people's home set ups can be probably be even more unstable. That said, I intend to set it up for my eventual expert run.

The case is great for storage or travel though and has a decent build quality as well.[/QUOTE]

I also picked up renegade edition and think it was decent. Really like the case as my daughter loves playing with the turntable. I've seen it at a few stores, so really don't know what it might do. Personally I feel that below $80 is pretty good for this game.

Also, of note, Activision is already planning on this being a slow burn, they cut projections on this for this year, so you might not see to big of a discount unless you get lucky.

In at this price... I doubt that this goes much below this for BF... maybe $80 or $70 minimum, but I think it'll be awhile before the whole bundle is $60, if it ever gets there.

Man, I said a few weeks ago I'd grab this game when it was $80-90, but I'm having second thoughts
I think I might wait until after BF to pick it up if there are no deals then
I'm hoping Amazon will have a deal on it though :p

I would like to get this game, but like everybody, i think it's going to drop further. Which is a shame because it probably means there will never be a sequel, at least not in the US. Have they sold this in Japan yet? I'm curious how its sales will compare to Beatmania (which only sells in Japan).

[quote name='crunchewy']I would like to get this game, but like everybody, i think it's going to drop further. Which is a shame because it probably means there will never be a sequel, at least not in the US. Have they sold this in Japan yet? I'm curious how its sales will compare to Beatmania (which only sells in Japan).[/QUOTE]

It's Activision, chances are that they've already got 2 sequels in development.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']It's Activision, chances are that they've already got 2 sequels in development.[/QUOTE]

There's no question. Again, peripheral based games make much more net revenue than a 60$ sku and the Hero brand is huge for them. They will give the game at least one sequel if not two.

That's the main reason this one was so bare bones features wise.

This thing WILL drop more. The Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle with TWO guitars was $20 the other day at Sams. (Needless to say, I picked a couple up.)

bread's done
Back