iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand this whole 'tagged' business. Can't you just click 'thread tools' -> subscribe instead of cluttering up the fresh new thread with a one-word post? Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, thanks for the new thread, grabbed lots of cheap and free apps with the last one!

[quote name='mkernan']I don't understand this whole 'tagged' business. Can't you just click 'thread tools' -> subscribe instead of cluttering up the fresh new thread with a one-word post? Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, thanks for the new thread, grabbed lots of cheap and free apps with the last one![/QUOTE]

Yes, that has been a feature for some time but just putting "tag" is easier!

On topic, the novelty of the touch wore off quick for me. I haven't bought a game in 3 weeks after getting one or so a day for the first couple of weeks of ownership. There sure is a lot of crap out there! Thank god for these topics to keep me informed of worthwhile games.

Do you guys think if I buy a 32GB 3rd Gen touch to only use for the Apps, it would be worthless? I already have an 80 gig Classic. I just really want these Apps. I already bought 4 Konami games today for 99 cents each lol.

If you're using it only for apps and not music or videos, I'd probably get a 16gb. I have about 110 apps on my 32GB and they only take up about 2GB total. If you have the cash though, a 32GB aint bad.

I currently use a 16GB Gen1. I'm planning on buying the 3rd gen 32GB either by Christmas, or sooner if they put them out on Apple's refurbished section. I'm thinking they may release the 32GB for $249 in the refurbished section by early December.

I only have 2GB of Music, Video, Podcasts. The rest of my unit is Apps. I haven't filled the entire unit up yet, but if I installed everything I own I probably would.

The general consensus is that the iPod Touch was supposed to have a camera but it was pulled late in the game. If you care about that sort of thing, you might want to wait 'til the next rev.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol why the fuck does crazy kart racing only work on iPhone and not iTouch? lol[/QUOTE]

WTF? I just bought this... Say it ain't so!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']WTF? I just bought this... Say it ain't so![/QUOTE]

Krazy Kart works on iPod Touch just fine.

well, there was a Lite version that went up last night and it said specifically that it wouldnt work on the iTouch when I tried to download it and only on a iphone.

[quote name='mkernan']I don't understand this whole 'tagged' business. Can't you just click 'thread tools' -> subscribe instead of cluttering up the fresh new thread with a one-word post? Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, thanks for the new thread, grabbed lots of cheap and free apps with the last one![/QUOTE]

Putting tagged on topics helps inflate your post count as some people seem to think a lot of posts can make them cool instead of just subscribing to the topic. I am sure if we had a moderator clean up some of the popular threads and removed the tag or the one word thanks posts, these topics would not balloon so quickly.

thanks for binging attention to the konami sale, i grabbed mgs, for .99 its worth a try. I just bought the 32gb itouch from costco a few weeks back for $280, no sales tax here in oregon. well worth it for the apps and web-browsing/mail around the house but the wifi sucks the battery down quick

[quote name='GamerChris']Warning people are saying the whatsapp is spyware[/QUOTE]

How can you get spyware on an iPod touch?

Not sure. Users are reporting it gets phone numbers from your contact list. Read in the app store. That was enough to scare me off.

[/QUOTE]

Since you asked: I couldn't do that from the truncated interface on my phone. (Toggling back and fourth from full mode, zooming, and trying to click just right spot during my neighborhood meeting seemed a bit much). Since this is one of the threads I most often check from my iphone, it was both the easiest and quickest way- once I saw the original thread was locked I did it. Thanks for being "that guy" though. ;)

Are there any good iPhone 3Gs / 3G touch specific games out there that take full advantage of the power in the systems? Obviously all these games are loading lightning fast on my new 3G touch, but I'd like to see something extra pretty, too!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Since you asked: I couldn't do that from the truncated interface on my phone. (Toggling back and fourth from full mode, zooming, and trying to click just right spot during my neighborhood meeting seemed a bit much). Since this is one of the threads I most often check from my iphone, it was both the easiest and quickest way- once I saw the original thread was locked I did it. Thanks for being "that guy" though. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, fair enough. Users browsing from a mobile device get a pass. :)

[quote name='mkernan']Haha, fair enough. Users browsing from a mobile device get a pass. :)[/QUOTE]

yeah the iphone style for this site is disgustingly gimped

I got this as an email forward (and confirmed by going onto the App store):

every game in Konami's iPhone catalog temporarily on sale for 99
cents each.
That includes Metal Gear Solid Touch, which is widely regarded as one of
the top iPhone shooters. It normally sells for $5.99 (and was $7.99 at
launch).
Other 99-cent titles include:
DanceDanceRevolution S
DanceDanceRevolution S+
Field Prowlers Police Rush (a brand-new game)
Frogger
Krazy Kart Racing
Power Pros Touch
Silent Hill The Escape
Silent Scope
These prices are good until Saturday (November 21), at which point they'll
return to their previous levels: anywhere from $2 to $6.

Just thought I'd mention that I posted a total of 120 posts in the old iPhone deals thread. May it rest in peace.

Now, as I was asking before it was locked:

Does anyone have impressions on the COD WAW Zombies ($9.99) game? I really think I'd enjoy that if it controls well. Please post opinions.

Yeah I'm torn too b/c I want 2 "high dollar" apps, doom and cod: zombies. Don't know if I can hold out for a sale on either. Did pick up metal gear though.

[quote name='iowaholdem']Just thought I'd mention that I posted a total of 120 posts in the old iPhone deals thread. May it rest in peace.

Now, as I was asking before it was locked:

Does anyone have impressions on the COD WAW Zombies ($9.99) game? I really think I'd enjoy that if it controls well. Please post opinions.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it but the concensous seems to be that it's good, but a rip off with only 1 map for the $9.99.

Garters and Ghouls got reamed at Slide to Play for crashes but otherwise they called it a blast.

Silent Scope for the Iphone isn't really worth the dollar, but, then again, neither was the arcade version apart from the kick-ass scope lightgun.

Has anyone played underworld recently? I went back to it for a bit today, and it seems to have been completely overhauled with an update. Menus are different as is the UI. It doesn't seem like you can touch the floor to move there either anymore.

If any of you are having crash problems, it may be due to lack of memory. You can reset the unit or use a memory application to clear the memory after playing a bunch of games. I use a program called Free Memory by Recession Apps but Apple made them pull it from the App Store. In it's place they made System Activity Monitor which does the same thing, but words it differently and also gives you other info.

I removed one of the icons at the very bottom of the screen (the static ones) and left the app there so I can clear out the memory after every few app uses.

Fayju Ball has dropped from $.99 -> Free (1 day only) - it's a Labyrinth style roller game.

Space Mission - 3D Shoot 'em up has dropped from $1.99 -> Free.

Sky Defender has dropped from $1.99 -> Free

Stickman Movie has dropped from $.99 -> Free

non-game apps
Skip Ahead is FREE - "allows the listener to skip forward 30 seconds with a single push on a very large button"
BrainHack is FREE - Very effective ambient noise app. I use this to relax when I get home from work or when I'm about to put my game face on.
TrackMyShipments is FREE - keep track of your various packages

waiting for space invaders infinity gene to go on sale. There's a ton of iphone games I haven't touched yet, so I can wait a while
Other than MGS, are any other Konami games any good?

[quote name='Escargoexpress']waiting for space invaders infinity gene to go on sale. There's a ton of iphone games I haven't touched yet, so I can wait a while
Other than MGS, are any other Konami games any good?[/QUOTE]

Personally I feel Infinity Gene was worth the full price purchace, but seeing as how this is CAG...

[quote name='darkmazda']I also think that Infinity Gene was well worth the money as well.[/QUOTE]

With the exception of Zenonia, I think I have the most time played in Infinity Gene on my iPhone.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']waiting for space invaders infinity gene to go on sale. There's a ton of iphone games I haven't touched yet, so I can wait a while
Other than MGS, are any other Konami games any good?[/QUOTE]

I really liked DDR S. Game mechanics were translated well for the iphone. Well worth the dollar.

8Bitone MICRO COMPOSER from 1.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/8bitone-micro-composer

Yumsters! 2 from .99 to free
http://appshopper.com/link/yumsters-2

Rectools08pro Multi Track Recorder from 17.99 to 4.99
http://appshopper.com/link/rectools08pro-multi-track-recorder

Rectools02 from 12.99 to 2.99
http://appshopper.com/link/rectools02

Supermarket Mania from 2.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/supermarket-mania

Mahjongg Artifacts 2 from 2.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/mahjongg-artifacts-2

Stand O' Food from 2.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/stand-o-food

Dragon Portals from 4.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/dragon-portals

Moonz from 4.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/moonz

Success Story from 2.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/success-story

Blade Angel from 2.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/blade-angel

GROUND EFFECT from 2.99 to .99
http://appshopper.com/link/ground-effect

Mecho Wars from 4.99 to 2.99
http://appshopper.com/link/mecho-wars

Seriously considering Ground Effect and Dragon Portals from that list. Any comments from those who own either?

bread's done
Back