Final Fantasy The Crystal Bearers Wii $49.99 + $10 credit at Amazon

This is great for me. I was just about to cancel my pre-order because I heard some middling impressions of the game, but along with the fact that I got my pre-order in before the price rose from $45 to $50, there's also the desk calendar bonus and now the $10 credit. Combined, that's just enough for me to keep my pre-order.

Awesome! I had no idea this had been added to the "$10 promo credit" club. I wasn't sure I was going to keep my preorder but I definitely will now. I've heard some great things about this game. Thanks, OP.

Thanks for the update, OP. Preordered this back in July with Gold box + ECA. Like others, was a bit iffy on keeping the preorder, but I kind of wanted that calendar. With $10 credit, it will basically make the game $28.24 for me. Hoping SE & Amazon release a $5 coupon like with KH 358 Days/2 & Dissidia to make it even sweeter.

They upped the price from 36.99 but adding the 10.00 is OK. Plus you get a 2010 calendar!

Pre-order Offer
Pre-order Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers and receive a 2010 Final Fantasy calendar. The calendar will be bundled with the game. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last.

[quote name='fwbweux']This is great for me. I was just about to cancel my pre-order because I heard some middling impressions of the game, but along with the fact that I got my pre-order in before the price rose from $45 to $50, there's also the desk calendar bonus and now the $10 credit. Combined, that's just enough for me to keep my pre-order.[/QUOTE]
Ditto, might as well stick it out at this point.

[quote name='handsomepete']Watching that video on the Amazon page just made me yearn for an updated console version of Final Fantasy Tactics.[/QUOTE]
Man, you and me both. I'd do...things for an true console sequel to FFT.

Did anybody pre-order the game from Amazon? I just got time today pre-order over a month before release thought I was suppose to get a calendar but no dice.

[quote name='yingfo']Did anybody pre-order the game from Amazon? I just got time today pre-order over a month before release thought I was suppose to get a calendar but no dice.[/QUOTE]

I just received mine today also, and no calendar was included. Time to send an angry email.

I got my pre-ordered copy yesterday and it had the calendar in its own plastic case shrink-wrapped to the game itself. I wonder why some of you didnt get the calendar?

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I just received mine today also, and no calendar was included. Time to send an angry email.[/QUOTE]

Well I contacted Amazon both email and phone they said I would have to contact Square Enix directly and Square Enix just sent me an email saying that if amazon offered the calendar they would have to supply it.

[quote name='addicted2games']I got my pre-ordered copy yesterday and it had the calendar in its own plastic case shrink-wrapped to the game itself. I wonder why some of you didnt get the calendar?[/QUOTE]

Ma~n, fuck this shit. Amazon's going to feel my wrath.

Edit: Apparently the $10 promotional credits haven't been applied to those of us who purchased this game either. Amazon is going to feel my *double*-wrath!!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Managed to get a $10 refund back to my card for the missing calendar. Now, to address the missing $10 promotional credit...[/QUOTE]

I missed the calendar as well. They refunded me $13.50.

[quote name='yingfo']Did anybody pre-order the game from Amazon? I just got time today pre-order over a month before release thought I was suppose to get a calendar but no dice.[/QUOTE]

i guess don't feel bad, I preordered on Nov 10th and still did not get the calendar...

[quote name='addicted2games']I did get the calendar (pre-ordered Nov 4), but I didn't receive my $10 promotional credit. I am emailing amazon right now.[/QUOTE]

I emailed this morning and they replied with the below. I added a game to my cart and started checkout and sent the price breakout to show that it was not being applied:

A promotional certificate for $10 for the future video game purchase was automatically added to your account, and you won't receive a claim code.

The balance only appears when you place a qualifying order and doesn't display in Your Account. You will receive your award when your product ships. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied in your cart during checkout. Please note, the discount will not be visible until a Video Game product is added to your cart and you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid for one Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers purchase per customer.

The promotion code must be used by January 31, 2010. This offer is subject to these Terms and Conditions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/A2L5T0ST8S0GNA
If you don't see the $10 promotion deducted from the eligible Video-Games, please let us know. So, we can investigate further.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:
http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

[quote name='groundskeeper']I emailed this morning and they replied with the below. I added a game to my cart and started checkout and sent the price breakout to show that it was not being applied:

A promotional certificate for $10 for the future video game purchase was automatically added to your account, and you won't receive a claim code.

The balance only appears when you place a qualifying order and doesn't display in Your Account. You will receive your award when your product ships. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied in your cart during checkout. Please note, the discount will not be visible until a Video Game product is added to your cart and you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid for one Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers purchase per customer.

The promotion code must be used by January 31, 2010. This offer is subject to these Terms and Conditions:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/A2L5T0ST8S0GNA
If you don't see the $10 promotion deducted from the eligible Video-Games, please let us know. So, we can investigate further.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:
http://www.amazon.com/contact-us[/QUOTE]

I got the same email, and the same situation about not getting the $10 credit when I add a game to my cart and checkout. Let me know what they say. Thanks.

[quote name='addicted2games']I got the same email, and the same situation about not getting the $10 credit when I add a game to my cart and checkout. Let me know what they say. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I I got a message saying it was fixed. Tired another time and it still did not work. Sent another message and I did not receive a response but when I just tired it again it is applying the discount. I hope this experience is a one time situation. I have never had an issue with Amazon before. I guess persistence is required here.

Amazon is so smrt.

I emailed them regarding the same issue, noting that I had received the email above. They responded telling me that what looks like the ECA code I had used had been redeemed for the purchase, though they said it was the $10 promo code that was emailed to me. Even though they don't email codes for that.

Sent them another email with the text of the promo email so they will hopefully understand what I'm talking about this time.

Regarding the calendar, I received mine, but I kinda think I'd rather trade it in for a $10 discount. :lol:

[quote name='botticus']Amazon is so smrt.

I emailed them regarding the same issue, noting that I had received the email above. They responded telling me that the ECA code I had used had been redeemed for the purchase. Thanks.

Sent them another email with the text of the promo email so they will hopefully understand what I'm talking about this time.

Regarding the calendar, I kinda think I'd rather trade it in for a $10 discount. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even though on my order Amazon sorted it out by refunding $13.50 for the missing calendar I still plan to follow up with a email concerning way this promotion went. I would not have to worry about hounding retailers about their bonus promotions. Especially since Amazon really seems to be pushing these lately with many preorders.

Here is Amazon's final word on my order:
I'm sorry the $10.00 promotion is not applying to the order.

I'd like to give you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

http://www.amazon.com/help/promotionalcertificate

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The guy said I had already redeemed mine, he gave me a code and I tried it with Bayonetta and it said already been used. But I don't remember using it really.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Here is Amazon's final word on my order:
I'm sorry the $10.00 promotion is not applying to the order.

I'd like to give you a $10 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code.

Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.[/QUOTE]
Got basically the same email, works now.

f-ing a, I ordered this for my brother-in-law for christmas and he said he didn't get the calendar either. Time to complain to Amazon.

No, but no one had posted that yet. It's probably atrocious, as most post-Sakaguchi Square stuff is.

well i got my replacement copy from amazon yesterday and it had the calendar, so if you get them to send you a replacement it most likely will have it.

its got one of those Eco Friendly cases(more like saving money cases so that the disc can be damage in shipment which happen to my copy of FF:CB :( )

[quote name='quatrevav35']well i got my replacement copy from amazon yesterday and it had the calendar, so if you get them to send you a replacement it most likely will have it.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I just decided to take the money off. I ended up with a free copy after using a $25.00 gift card.

I played about 2 hours in this morning. I like the game so far. I think this is one people will either like or hate. (I doubt people will love it) I'd say it is worth about $25.00. It is really easy so far. Mild platforming, some on rails shooting, exploration, and pickup and throw type combat. This is an action adventure title and not RPG. Feels like an RPG but it is not. I'll probably keep it. BTW I hated the other CC games.

I am sad... I didn't receive either the $10 credit or the calendar. So far, in regarding to the credit, I received this

"Hello,

I've researched the $10 promotion for purchasing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, the promotion was valid for orders placed between November 16, 2009 and December 25, 2009. Your order #********************* for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers was placed on September 7, 2009.
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

They are still checking up on the calendar.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I am sad... I didn't receive either the $10 credit or the calendar. So far, in regarding to the credit, I received this

"Hello,

I've researched the $10 promotion for purchasing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, the promotion was valid for orders placed between November 16, 2009 and December 25, 2009. Your order #********************* for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers was placed on September 7, 2009.
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion period while supplies last. We're unable to apply special discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the promotional offer.

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, but the details for specific promotions are available on our website.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

They are still checking up on the calendar.[/QUOTE]

Same as me :(.

Hello,
I need to look into the problem with why you did not receive the Calendar for ordering "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers", and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Did we answer your question?

I wouldn't mind the calendar or as some ppl have got the 10-13 they got and the 10.00 i was promised as well.Atleast Amazon hasn't screwed me over like gamestop did this week and charge me twice for a game they told me was free :bomb::bomb::bomb:(I now see why ppl hate gamestop)

I got my $10 promo credit, they're "looking into" my calendar.

Got the game Monday, finally removed the shrinkwrap and played the game for about 15 minutes today. The game is ok but that "eco-friendly case" is shit, found a hair or something on the disc, no scratches thankfully. I own a lot of games, so I keep them in Case Logic wallets, and I'll definitely keep doing that, a lot safer as something is actually protecting the discs.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I am sad... I didn't receive either the $10 credit or the calendar. So far, in regarding to the credit, I received this
[/QUOTE]I hope you're not letting it stand at that. Every time they've had a promotion like this, the description says it will be applied to all existing preorders, much like mine was placed on October 5th.

[quote name='botticus']I hope you're not letting it stand at that. Every time they've had a promotion like this, the description says it will be applied to all existing preorders, much like mine was placed on October 5th.[/QUOTE]

I called amazon and talked to a CSR. I pointed out to her that the $10 promotion credit, such as the one they have currently for bioshock 2, states "valid on all existing pre-orders":

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Pre-order the standard edition of Bioshock 2 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion valid on all existing pre-orders. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

She basically said that she can't verify this specific promotion and that only the marketing team knows them and will have to refer that to them. She also claim that it is the marketing team that responded to my first inquiry but that she will give it a try...

Frankly, quite disappointed at the moment for this. 15+ minutes on hold, then couple more talking to the agent and now, I really want that $10... I will be demanding that $10... kind of pissed now having to waste my time wadding through their crap.

Oh she was also trying to tell me about 1 promotion credit and try to talk about the ECA code that was applied... blah... Sure, there are better customers than I for sure, but damn, I placed 100 orders in 2009! they better show me proof of that the promotion had the time restriction or else I am going to make this my mission for the next few days :)

amazon_2009.jpg

update.

After calling amazon CSR and requested that it be escalated and show proof that the language of the offer was as stated in their previous response to me, I receive this today

"Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding. The promotional certificate for $10 for ordering Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles was automatically added to your account, and you won't receive a claim code.

The balance only appears when you place a qualifying order and doesn't display in Your Account. You'll see the promotional funds listed in the order cost summary that appears just before you submit your order.

If you don't see the promotional discount in your order summary, please check the conditions of the promotional offer or visit our Help pages for more information:

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

Thank you Botticus in getting me off my butt. I may have very well let it slide with other stuff in life (flying on business trip tomorrow and busy following Steam's sale :p )

Now, they just need to give me a satisfactory answer to the calendar issue...

bread's done
Back