CAGcast #178: Clunts

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck discuss the big holiday releases including: Assassin's Creed 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, and God of War Collection. We've also got the latest industry and game shopping news, your questions and comments from the CAGbag and Twitter and oh so much more!

[podcast]87[/podcast]
Download - 112 minutes, 43MB

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN [/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, while I have really enjoyed the live shows, can't wait for the 'original' flavor of CagCast!

Thanks for the hard work Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck!

Its awesome just in time for the week leading up to the day lol thanks cheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck

What's up with it just cutting out at the end. Hmmm.. Mid sentance about not drinking breast milk and done. I was really getting into the conversation too.

[quote name='striker199']what, no twitter update about cagcast release?[/QUOTE]

I swear, I have to do everything around here. Crisis averted, the tweet has been twittered.

[quote name='AleetPanda']Come on Wombat, anitbiotics for a virus??? That wont work, you need an antiviral.[/QUOTE]

I misspoke I have a bacterial infection, not viral. Still gross.

Is shipwreck on the cagcast permanent now? Cause if so I can stop getting my hopes up each week that the show will just be wombat and cheapy.

It's easy to make some Cheddar Biscuits that are close to Red Lobsters. Just make the regular biscuit recipe with Bisquick and add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and some garlic salt( maybe a teaspoon) to the mix.

I saw you guys were doing live shows but just didn't have the time to listen. But I think it's an AWESOME! idea to have the live show streaming so I can listen while I'm out, even though I duno what time I'll be going out. Again, I think it's an amazing idea to do and just hope all works well and you have enough crap to keep us entertained long enough!

Cheapy, it isn't really surprising to see how Obama's bow was taken out of context and made to look bad. That's just what the media does with Presidents.

It reminds me of how the news quoted Nixon as saying "I think that you would have to conclude that this is a great wall,"(in reference to the Great Wall of China) while conveniently omitting the second part of his quote "and it had to be built by a great people." to make him look stupid.

I don't like Shipwreck on every episode either, he just doesn't mesh too well. Though I did want him this week since I wanted to see his opinion on the games that were released that Cheapy/Wombat would have discarded.

Cheapy, you're welcome to visit me in Vancouver anytime! You can crash in my newly remodeled basement and I'll pay for the weed! :D

[quote name='AleetPanda']Come on Wombat, anitbiotics for a virus??? That wont work, you need an antiviral.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. Antibiotics are for bacterial infections.

If your Dr is giving you these for a virus, he is going to to F you up with side effects, like fucking up your flora and giving you a yeast infection you can share with your Mrs. Also, he will be building up your antiobiotic resistance so that they won't work anymore when you get a real bacterial infection.

And don't get me started on Fluoroquinolone antibiotics--those are the worst for side effects and building up antibiotic resistance. Most Doctors give those out like candy.

Why does Cheapy use the the term on line when referring to waiting in a line? Is this an East Cost thing? I have never heard it before in my life until I heard Cheapy using it. The term in line, you wait in a line, you do not wait on a line. I always think he is talking about the internet.

cant believe when it came to cell shading gaming you 3 didnt remember okami( for the ps2 and the wii). you all didnt miss much with the poer glove the damn thing was a joke and a bitch to set up. it had a bad on the arm and you could control the right/left movement by moving your hands but the a/b buttons were set to your middle and index finger if i recall correctly. and there was this huge freakin sensor thing you had to put around your tv very lame stuff and it was hot made your damn arm sweat so imagin the fun of getting your turn after someone had left all that yummy skin gravy inside. nasty.

I defiantly disagree with you on the MW2 stuff.

Shipwreck: Mavarak is just a pawn, they're after the one pulling the strings.

CheapD: The story is crazy and over the top, but its not bad, if you paid attention to the first game its really cool what they do in this game, IW is absolutly doing stuff that noone has ever done in FPS's before just like they did in the first one. Its just straight up fun and good

listen to the Giantbomb special MW2 podcast, its really good.

MW2 has quite possibly the worst story of all time. The best gem of it all is how an entire army can cross two oceans for a three pronged invasion of an entire CONTINENT all because they copied this fictional "ACS" thing. Apparently we can get a spy into the inner circle of a terrorist, but cannot use our own or other nations' intelligence services to warn of an invasion until the entire Russian military is right on top of us.

So fucking stupid.

And you know what, if there is an explanation for how this could happen in your fictional world then that is GREAT. Next time please tell us all what it is instead of saying "duhh dey gotz da ACS". Explain why NATO doesn't exist, explain how the CIA and other nations intelligence services obviously don't exist, and explain why we apparently have no Pacific or Atlantic fleet. MW2's main problem seems to be the fact that they never explain anything.

IW did absolutely nothing cool in MW2's single player that sets it apart from other FPS games. They just had a lot of "LOL GOTCHA" moments and killed you about 100 times. That number may be a slight exaggeration...

As with any popular game, the snobby gaming elitists come out of the wood-work to hate it. I don't know anyone who plays Call of Duty for the story-telling but rather the set-pieces and excellent pacing - pretty much the game play.

It is funny since I thought the story in the game was on par with the ridiculousness of the Metal Gear Solid series. Yet, anytime anyone criticizes the story of MGS, they will go with their stupid argument "you are just too stupid to understand it."

I don't know what people were expecting. The game-play is what makes the Call of Duty games stand out. The only weakness is the story, and it is a valid criticism, but everything else in the game is just ridiculously... awesome. The game is obviously not for everyone - if you don't like shooters, why would you buy it?

dude trust me. MW2 is DEFINITELY as much of a Japanese mess as metal gear solid. It's amazing considering mw2 isnt even a japanese game, but they still did it. congrats infinity ward.

as a whole, MW2 is a great game. you're right. The story was just incredibly disappointing following COD4 which, in my opinion, seemed to be based at least somewhat in reality.

Hell yeah! I was on my commute to work on the light rail listening to the best gaming podcast on the internet while playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike.

All of a sudden, I hear Cheapy D say my name on the CAGcast for winning a contest!

Made my fucking day! :bouncy::bouncy:

Also Cheapy, I'd love to come pick the goods in Japan, but you'd have to provide the plane tickets as well. :p

Keep up the great work guys.

-FrankCastleAZ

Cheapy seemed really down on Red Lobster. He made it sound like it was on a level with Denny's or something.

I liked Wombat's mention of the coconut shrimp since that's what I got at Red Lobster just this past Saturday.

As far as those kinds of restaurants go, Red Lobster is pretty expensive. You would be hard pressed to find much of anything under $20.

Shipwreck makes any podcast better. When he appeared on CBG, it was our best episode ever. Maybe Oprah should get him on her podcast. ;)

I am a new listener, this is my 2nd podcast I've listened too and I really enjoying them.
Keep up the good work guys.

I agree that MW2's story was unbelievable bad. It made no sense, and that terrorist level really wasn't necessary because of it. It basically existed for the controversy I think, or just for emotional involvement in what otherwise made no sense.

The game is great and fun, but yeah the story is terrible. As I went through the campaign it was a pretty much constant "wait, wtf just happened?". Most game stories don't have to make sense, they're not going for any sense of reality except within the story itself, but CoD has usually been something based on a somewhat realistic story, which is why it has real guns, etc. in it. And the story made no sense realistically and really didn't make much sense internally.

Yo Cheapy Japan's Emperor is more than a figure head. He is the real power behind Japan. The PM is just the frontman, he takes the heat when shit goes wrong while the emperor pulls the strings from behind the scenes. Same thing with the queen of England. Old money still rules the world. The top of the Yakuza pyramid leads to the emperor. So the front man for the Rockefellers (OBAMA) has to bow down the real power of Japan.

Great job, fellas. Some people are bitching, but I really like Shipwreck in the mix. Though Cheapy and Wombat obviously do a good show on their own, Ship really does a lot of legwork and knows what he's talking about, which helps elevate the discussions a bit. I'm sorry his pussy has herpes.

Wombat: Did you consider taking Mrs. Wombat to Montreal with you? An extra ticket from NYC to Montreal can't be THAT pricey, and surely either your folks or hers could watch the baby for a couple days. Your room is paid for. My wife and I often bring each other on business trips. While one of us is working, the other person can be out seeing the sights, and then you usually have some time to do stuff together. It's nice.

Also, make sure you try some poutine and film it as a response to Cheapy's numerous culinary misadventures.

[quote name='Fragonard']Why does Cheapy use the the term on line when referring to waiting in a line? Is this an East Cost thing? I have never heard it before in my life until I heard Cheapy using it. The term in line, you wait in a line, you do not wait on a line. I always think he is talking about the internet.[/QUOTE]

Actually, most of the English-speaking world outside the U.S. says "waiting ON line" rather than "waiting IN line." I suspect many English-speaking Japanese do the same, hence influencing Cheapy.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Cheapy seemed really down on Red Lobster. He made it sound like it was on a level with Denny's or something[/QUOTE]

It is. Does the word Sysco mean anything to you? It's all the same ultra-processed, pre-prepared, pedestrian crap. There's just a different sign on the door.

Hey Wombat, that horse pill sounds like Augmentin (Amox/Clav). If you are taking an antibiotic for a long time, make sure to eat yogurt everyday to replenish your gut flora. Btw, antibiotics kill bacteria not viruses. I hope you live.

I noticed you guys didn't really talk much about No more heroes being ported over, I don't think thats real big news but I was wondering if any of you tried it on the Wii? I'm actually playing it now and am half way done with it and am enjoying it a lot. I'm not sure how well its going to port over though because you use the wiimote often during every fight.

[quote name='Tybee']

Actually, most of the English-speaking world outside the U.S. says "waiting ON line" rather than "waiting IN line." I suspect many English-speaking Japanese do the same, hence influencing Cheapy.
[/QUOTE]

Ah-ha. Thanks for the info. It's still going to drive me crazy though. :lol:

[quote name='Tybee']

[/QUOTE]
Not really. "Waiting on line" is pretty much a Northeastern U.S. expression, which (if random jagoffs through google search can be believed) comes from immigrants at Ellis Island who, literally, waited on a line and the term has been used in the region ever since. Other English-speaking areas of the world are mostly speaking the Queen's English where they wouldn't generally call a group of people waiting for something a "line" anyway, but a "queue" as in "in the queue".

Or, at least that is what Google tells me.

[quote name='Nemesis360']As with any popular game, the snobby gaming elitists come out of the wood-work to hate it.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

MaxDense.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty cool that you are coming to Montreal Wombat and like Tybee said, make sure to eat some poutine it's really good over here!

In discussing cel shaded games, you guys forgot the Sly Cooper series. I'd wager those were the best selling titles of that ilk.

Why would you guys wish Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) upon anyone? That game alone disqualifies the Best Buy 360 deal from being anything above abysmal.

bread's done
Back