- - - - -

GameFly Under $10 Used Game Blowout Sale

#151 Organ Donor   Watch his Bull Charge! CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Organ Donor

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

Just scored Pure :) its back in stock again (at the moment at least)

card.png

#152 afty   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   44 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

I'm playing Far Cry 2 now. I actually really like it. I can see how others might find it tedious (missions are all very similar, you're constantly driving through similar-looking camps and killing people), but I really enjoy the combat. The game is very dynamic in that weather, time of day, etc. can all affect your battles, and there are limitless ways to clear a guard post. You can set fire to the place and shoot people as they run away. You can climb a hill and pick people off with your sniper rifle. You can drive into the middle, hop on your Jeep's turret, and mow everyone down. While the missions are all very similar, there are lots of different ways to go about completing the same objective.

#153 looploop   Camera-shy Supernova CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

My copy of Sonic Unleashed just shipped.
:) <- expecting this to turn upside-down as Sonic has his first transformation...

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#154 Nightmarecast25   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Nightmarecast25

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:19 AM

My orders are still in process, I bet they are waiting for me to impulse by some more stuff. lol.

#155 rustyrage   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:22 AM

Got an email earlier that my order shipped, can't wait to try out Mario Power Tennis.

#156 41down   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1082 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:29 AM

waiting for pure,condemned 2, and ninja gaiden 2 to go back in stock.

#157 Tardcore   CAG Platinum+ Member CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:41 AM

In for:
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
Turok
Stoked
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

I'll jump on Condemned 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 when they're back in stock.

#158 jaydepps   CAGiversary! Lowball Ban   1333 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

In for Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust and Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway.

Never played the first Leisure Suit Larry, but for $5 is it really that bad?

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#159 JJSP   Divorce & The American South CAGiversary!   9950 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

I want Leisure Suit Larry. I'm not above laughing at horrible fart jokes for $5.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#160 volt1up   Indiegala Bot CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:00 AM

haha

Japanese families can't wait to eat at Big Whitey Castle.

#161 dvdactor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

dvdactor

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

This is a new one and a heads up for anyone else. I had purchased 2 copies of Mario Power Tennis, one for myself and one as a gift. I got an e-mail from Customer Service saying they placed my order on hold until they can confirm I really wanted to order multiple copies of the same title. Never had that happen before, heads up for anyone else that may have picked up more than one of a title.

#162 a_bleak_tomorrow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   224 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

a_bleak_tomorrow

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

just ordered far cry 2 with free shipping. I remember them really talking it up on idle thumbs and joystiq podcast way back when it came out so im excited for it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#163 Nightmarecast25   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Nightmarecast25

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

just ordered far cry 2 with free shipping. I remember them really talking it up on idle thumbs and joystiq podcast way back when it came out so im excited for it.

It got really annoying for me, I am about 80% done and it's just UGH!!! Good game but it gets old pretty quick, to me at least.

#164 looploop   Camera-shy Supernova CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

This is a new one and a heads up for anyone else. I had purchased 2 copies of Mario Power Tennis, one for myself and one as a gift. I got an e-mail from Customer Service saying they placed my order on hold until they can confirm I really wanted to order multiple copies of the same title. Never had that happen before, heads up for anyone else that may have picked up more than one of a title.

That's a sensible and considerate policy. I once accidentally ordered two copies of Ultimate Spiderman from them, so it's good to see that they're working to correct this kind of thing.

「Im Himmel fehlen alle interessanten Leute.

Posted Image

#165 jrhawk42   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   318 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

I suggest to anybody buying from GF, or pretty much any used game period that you install it to the hard drive to test if it works as soon as you get it.

I've had to return about 1/2 of my games to GF due to them having a dirty disc error somewhere. Don't trust the look of the disk either since they polish the scratches off/over. Chances are GF won't accept returns that are a few months old.
Posted Image

#166 BREVITY   The Soul of Wit. CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

Grabbed Mercenaries 2, Farcry 2, Riddic, and Brothers in Arms.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#167 Xenokai   Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming. CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

So gamefly uses one of those disc buffering machines? Good think i always install my used games to test them lol My Far Cry 2 shipped today xD

#168 I Am Legend   SDMF CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

I Am Legend

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:57 PM

Ordered Far Cry 2 and Brothers in Arms on Thursday. It still hasn't shipped =/ I ordered Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed on Friday and it shipped on Friday. Oh well. Wondering if ordering them individually would have sped up the shipping time. Just a thought.

#169 RoyalT7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Waiting patiently for the free shipping as well. Thanks Cheapy!

Me too now that would be a good deal. :D

#170 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7170 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:53 PM

Only got leisure suit larry. hey its only 5$.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#171 Drkirby   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

Weird, just seeing that somebody bought LSLBOB made me buy it, I mean you can't.... beat........ $5.48............... I wasted my money, didn't I?

Its the 2nd worse rated 360 game. So most likely, yes.

#172 I Am Legend   SDMF CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

I Am Legend

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

Anyone else's order not shipped yet? I placed mine onthe 19th and it's still listed as in process. I've never had it take that long from Gamefly.

#173 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   28427 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

gamefly really #$#$# up my order
Date Shipped: 11/18/2009
price 9.08

even though they charged my credit card 9.08 5 freaking times and got an email saying the charges will be reversed

still never got the package
WOOOO I STINK

#174 Xenokai   Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming. CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Just got my FAR CRY 2 and its defective! trying installing it and it gets to 30% and stops. Ill never buy from gamefly again wow.

#175 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

Anyone else's order not shipped yet? I placed mine onthe 19th and it's still listed as in process. I've never had it take that long from Gamefly.

Same here. GF is usually pretty quick to ship when I buy something, but considering I paid about a buck for Condemned 2, and it is the holidays, I figure I wouldn't worry too much.

Just got my FAR CRY 2 and its defective! trying installing it and it gets to 30% and stops. Ill never buy from gamefly again wow.

Not for nothing, but you apparently have some kind of unrealistic expectations when buying USED games. Hell, even some NEW games are bound to be duds. Just contact GF, and they will get you a different copy. Their games are guaranteed to work, so if they don't, they will fix the problem.

#176 Xenokai   Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming. CAGiversary!   652 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

Same here. GF is usually pretty quick to ship when I buy something, but considering I paid about a buck for Condemned 2, and it is the holidays, I figure I wouldn't worry too much.

Not for nothing, but you apparently have some kind of unrealistic expectations when buying USED games. Hell, even some NEW games are bound to be duds. Just contact GF, and they will get you a different copy. Their games are guaranteed to work, so if they don't, they will fix the problem.

Ive been buying used games from ebay for 6 years and never had 1 problem and there always in great shape. Gamefly game should be labeled under EXTREMLY F UPED GAMES. But long as they do what you say and fix the issue im fine but shipping it back for $2 is kinda annoying. It says fulyl tested. Does that mean they pop it in see the logo and removed and ship it? If a game doesnt finish the install on the 360 it means the game is gonna f up and il have none of that.

#177 Nightmarecast25   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Nightmarecast25

Posted 25 November 2009 - 06:44 PM

That's not entirely true, I had a defective 007 QoS from them, contacted them to see if I can get another copy and they said they could only give a refund for the game, that they do not do exchanges or something like that, so I took QoS to my local video store and got it buffed for free and now it works, seems GF doesn't check their games and yet say they are guaranteed to work, funny.

#178 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:23 PM

Ive been buying used games from ebay for 6 years and never had 1 problem and there always in great shape.

You're comparing two completely different business models. GameFly is a rental service. Dozens of different people likely have rented the disc you're buying from them. If you honestly expect all of the rental copies they have to be in great shape, you probably should go with what you said in your first post and not buy from GF anymore.

That's not entirely true, I had a defective 007 QoS from them, contacted them to see if I can get another copy and they said they could only give a refund for the game, that they do not do exchanges or something like that, so I took QoS to my local video store and got it buffed for free and now it works, seems GF doesn't check their games and yet say they are guaranteed to work, funny.

I was not aware that they do not do exchanges, but that was not the point of my post, really. The point was that they will take care of you. Refunding you your money isn't as good as getting the game for the price you wanted, but still, they take care of the problem. It's not like you'll get a dud, and they will tell you to go screw.

As far as checking the games go, it's kind of unrealistic of you to expect them to test the millions of games they have in their various warehouses. They are working under the assumption that, if a person rents the disc and does not report any issues, the disc works. At the end of the day, their guarantee that the disc will work, and if it doesn't, they take care of it.

#179 charlescheese   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

charlescheese

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Yeah GameFly doesn't do exchanges, they just give refunds. I believe this is the case even if they still have it in stock.

#180 Dissolve   Forgiven. CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Dissolve

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

I'm sad to hear people getting crap discs from GameFly. Over the last three years I've purchased probably about 13 games from GameFly (always older games that have been rented a number of times) and they've all been pristine (discs, cases and manuals all perfect).