Amazon announces Bioshock 2 Collectors Edition - $87.96 360 / $99.96 PS3

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Special-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J7C2

Xbox 360 - http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-2-Sp..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265463895&sr=1-3

$99.96

41fPP9IvmOL._AA280_.jpg

Looks like the set includes a few posters, cards, a book about Art Deco designs, and a collector box.

---

Update 1/20/10 - pre-order for PS3 and get a Big Daddy outfit for you Home avatar :lol:

ref=amb_link_37969842_3

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record the collectors edition contains a 164 page hardcover art book, 3 posters, a 13x13 collectors case that contains artwork on the front and back, a 180 gram vinyl record of the Bioshock 1 score, and a CD of the Bioshock 2 score. Also they have stated it will be a limited run. This is a great item for fans of the series.

[quote name='allthatufear']meh.....not much really for $99.00[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right? For $40 you are getting a vinyl record, a CD soundtrack, posters and a very nice hardback full size artbook. This makes the GoW III set look like a sad joke by comparison.

maybe if they included something like a future dlc code already in the pack or some type of exclusive content, maybe being able to play as the big sister in the mulitplayer or something along those lines.

I'm not into collector's editions, but I definitely consider that to be one of the better ones. Give me a vinyl record over a tiny figurine any day.

[quote name='allthatufear']meh.....not much really for $99.00[/QUOTE]

I agree. The last limited edition was 69.99 (i think) and it came with a figurine, a CD (though the CD was crap with only 3 songs) and a making of DVD or something like that. I would say that was a way better deal.

And while a record is cool and all, does anyone here even have a record player (and yes, i know someone will have one or have access to one, I have one stored away at my parents house many many miles away and will never use it).

Pre-ordered. I got a $5 Amazon Video On Demand credit for doing so. If it drops or there's another credit deal, I'll just cancel and reorder.

[quote name='bojay1997']You're kidding, right? For $40 you are getting a vinyl record, a CD soundtrack, posters and a very nice hardback full size artbook. This makes the GoW III set look like a sad joke by comparison.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the vinyl soundtrack will be completely useless to a lot of people. I know there's still a vocal minority that swears music is better on vinyl and that albums are still released as records, but they're just that: a minority.

It isn't a bad collector's edition, but it's not one I've got any interest in personally.

Wow... what a rip. An artbook, a vinyl record which most people probably can't even play, and some printed paper for the cards/posters for $30 more? This is almost as bad as the GoW3 CE (assuming it's made of plastic and not metal).

I'd be all for it if a Big Sister figure was included.

[quote name='bojay1997']You're kidding, right? For $40 you are getting a vinyl record, a CD soundtrack, posters and a very nice hardback full size artbook. This makes the GoW III set look like a sad joke by comparison.[/QUOTE]

IDK for me this is still totally not worth it. A book full of pictures you'll be able to find on the internet, a CD which, if it's anything like the one from the first CE (which I bought) I would listen to once or twice ever, a vinyl record I don't have a record player to play (sorry, born in the 90s) and some posters. I guess it's cool for hardcore collectors with cash to blow but I would have rather gotten a cheaper CE with a friend for my Big Daddy.

[quote name='hallowicious']Pre-ordered. I got a $5 Amazon Video On Demand credit for doing so. If it drops or there's another credit deal, I'll just cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you automatically get the gift card (if there was one) if you ordered now? I mean Amazon does the pre-order guarantee price thing.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']but I would have rather gotten a cheaper CE with a friend for my Big Daddy.[/QUOTE]

I COMPLETELY agree. It would have been even better fan service to give some sort of big sister or maybe even a little sister that you can attach the big daddy from the previous CE

And man, that sounds like a dirty quote :).

Eh... I love me some Bioshock, but what the hell would I do with a vinyl? Plus, 2k released the Bioshock soundtrack (which I love) for free when the game came out anyway. So hopefully they do the same with this one if the music is good.

[quote name='Vinny']Wow... what a rip. An artbook, a vinyl record which most people probably can't even play, and some printed paper for the cards/posters for $30 more? This is almost as bad as the GoW3 CE (assuming it's made of plastic and not metal).

I'd be all for it if a Big Sister figure was included.[/QUOTE]

Actually, a lot of us have turntables at home as an integral part of our stereo system. I can understand that not everyone finds vinyl interesting, but as an adult, I really have no interest in having action figures in my home and this is the first collector's edition that actually feels like something designed for adults. It's something I wouldn't mind having in my home and actually seems to take the art of video gaming seriously.

Yeah, I'd just save that extra forty bucks for another game coming out and put it towards that, maybe....oh I don't know Bad Company 2. :D

I agree on the lack of a 10 dollar credit. It's pretty lame that they won't include it for some of the LE/CE editions.

After the nightmare with the figures last time (mine is still broken :/), I'm glad they ditched that idea this time around. Definitely picking this up.

I went ahead and preordered it anyways. I still have never played the first Bioshock, so I will keep this sealed until I do. If the first Bioshock was any indication, Bioshock 2 LE should go up tremendously in value.

Man, i'd bite for 80$. Drop the price to $89.99 (like GOW3 UE) and give me a $10 (or 20) videogame credit and i'm all over it.

I like it a lot though, it's pretty classy and elegant. (Unlike the overblown excess of GOW3 UE)

I'd love to bite, but I have to think about this. For those saying the vinyl is pointless, then you're not looking at the people they're marketing to. It's probably the main reason I want this (and there are more people out there including many audiophiles that own turntables)

On a side note, I am looking at my order and cannot tell if I ordered the 360 or PS3 version. Is there any way to tell?

[quote name='urge26']I'd love to bite, but I have to think about this. For those saying the vinyl is pointless, then you're not looking at the people they're marketing to. [/QUOTE]

Who, my parents?

I'm 34, and have no idea why I'd want a turntable in my house. Especially since I'm not planning on DJ'ing at any clubs in the foreseeable future.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Keep in mind that the vinyl soundtrack will be completely useless to a lot of people. I know there's still a vocal minority that swears music is better on vinyl and that albums are still released as records, but they're just that: a minority.[/QUOTE]

And if anyone wants to sell off the vinyl record from this set, just let me know :cool:

[quote name='waxHead']And if anyone wants to sell off the vinyl record from this set, just let me know :cool:[/QUOTE]

As an additional note, I wrote both of these posts while listening to records on one of my two turntables. And no, I do not DJ in a club. I merely appreciate high-quality audio and enjoy listening to music releases which will never show up in any other format.

[quote name='argyle']Who, my parents?

I'm 34, and have no idea why I'd want a turntable in my house. Especially since I'm not planning on DJ'ing at any clubs in the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]

I'm 24 and have a player in my house along with a growing(slowly) collection of vinyl. They not only look good, they sound pretty good too.

But then again how many people are gamers AND audiophiles/vinyl enthusiasts?

This edition seems pretty weak, and a rip off to me. Not as weak as God Of War 3, but pretty bad. With that said, I'm a loser, so put me down for a 360 version.

For those of you who think the Vinyl is stupid, I'd suggest you get the set and wait a year, vinyl is highly collectible. That record will probably pay for the whole set in a year or so if you eBay it. Most people who are very serious about music and fidelity love vinyl. You can buy record players at Target that convert vinyl to MP3. Vinyl will be around a long time after cds are no longer sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vx2']But then again how many people are gamers AND audiophiles/vinyl enthusiasts?[/QUOTE]

Based on my experience here, very, VERY few people. Which is why I'd love to get the LP from this set, since I'm sure there are plenty of gamers here w/o a turntable.

Eh. It's certainly no big daddy figure for $10 extra. Disappointing looking package for a disappointing looking sequel. Shame since the first was so great.

bread's done
Back