- - - - -

*DEAD*Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (Wii/360<used>) $39.75/$27.99

#1 vivafriend5  

vivafriend5

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:41 AM

In addition to the Ghostbusters game, the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition includes:

• An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Skins.
  • An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound.
Posted Image Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (360/Wii) $29.75/$39.75

Edit 11/26/09: The price for the PS3 and Wii has reverted back to $39.75. With all of the Thanksgiving specials coming and going, anyone who is interested should check the link and add their preferred version to their cart to assure the proper price is displayed. It has been fluctuating frequently.

Edit 11/27/09: PS3 version has reverted to $69.99. It is DEAD for now.

Edit 11/29/09: 360 version is out of stock. The price is unknown. Used copies are being offered in varying conditions for $27.99 which are Amazon fulfilled. Some claim to be shrinkwrapped.

Edited by vivafriend5, 03 December 2009 - 07:12 AM.
Price fluctuations

#2 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16857 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

god dammit...

#3 mr_bungle   Trading Ban Trading Ban   3949 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Freakin' awesome price. Is this a BF deal that started? If so we got a LOT of good things to look forward to.

#4 kodave   Huh. CAGiversary!   4390 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

Shit... The game alone for Wii is $25 at Fry's right now... From what I've heard this game is worth maybe around $20 new... Just gotta figure if the Slimer statute + game is worth $26.78 (w/ leftover ECA code)...

#5 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

Hm 80$ left in video game credits, and I've basically bought every game I want that is already out(thank you cag, and amazon, by the way), and I do want to play this...but do I want to buy it? Well if I wake up and it's sold out on 360, my decision is made. If not...hmm.

FYI: It also has a magazine deal for 50% off "select videogame magazines". It seems you'll get the exact details in the e-mail though, I can't find info on which magazines and what other games qualify, atleast not where I'm looking.

#6 earvcunanan   I'm cool. CAGiversary!   3357 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

earvcunanan

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

This is the price point I've been waiting for. PS3 version ordered with Amazon Prime. =D

Thanks OP!

#7 blueboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

Thanks, just bought it. I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, and I was waiting for a good deal on this.

#8 mr_bungle   Trading Ban Trading Ban   3949 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

I bought it for 50 new, it's definitely worth the 30 price point for the slimer edition.

#9 Virsago   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:56 AM

Yes!!! I saw it at 70 and was hoping amazon would put it on sale for BF. BOUGHT IT!

THANKS OP!!!

#10 Blackout   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

What does the Slimer edition come with?

#11 United_Korea   Gunpla Addict CAGiversary!   1059 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

United_Korea

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

good deal, meh game

Final Fantasy XV is the most disappointing game ever made.

#12 mr_bungle   Trading Ban Trading Ban   3949 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:58 AM

A slimer statue and some stickers. It's a good collector's item for GB fans.

#13 integralsmatic   Everyday should be Harvey Day CAGiversary!   5278 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

integralsmatic

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

good deal, meh game

statue sculpted by the guy who created slimer, keychain of the ecto 1 which you push a button down it lights up and makes the siren noise, ghostbusters gamer graffix, and thats what i remember from reading

in for 1 thanks op. I too am a fan of ghostbusters but not a 70 dollar fan. 30 something i couldnt pass up..and not for this edition either.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#14 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14954 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:04 AM

Finally, my price point, bought.

#15 earvcunanan   I'm cool. CAGiversary!   3357 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

earvcunanan

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:05 AM

Preparing my order already, Amazon? o_O

#16 io   ... Super Moderators   24519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

god dammit...

QFT...

And to think I went through a load of trouble to buy it when it was a lightning deal a few months back. It was $90 list, marked down $40 - so the "deal" was for $50. An ECA double-stack brought it down to $32 - so yeah, ECA "abuse" really didn't cost them anything in that case :lol:. Actually this has been true with just about everything I bought from Amazon, even the new releases (e.g., R&C lightning deal for $30, and there have been many others).

But I jumped through hoops to order it while I was at dinner on my iPhone (which is a chore, I tell ya!). It sold out within 15 minutes, and I barely got an order in. I also used one of my $30 game credits from the trade-in program. I have yet to even remove the statue and look at it :lol: (though my son did play the game).

#17 io   ... Super Moderators   24519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Shit... The game alone for Wii is $25 at Fry's right now... From what I've heard this game is worth maybe around $20 new... Just gotta figure if the Slimer statute + game is worth $26.78 [highlight](w/ leftover ECA code)[/highlight]...

Um, yeah, good luck with that - they expired the last of them about a week ago.

#18 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:19 AM

An ECA double-stack brought it down to $32 - so yeah, ECA "abuse" really didn't cost them anything in that case :lol:. Actually this has been true with just about everything I bought from Amazon, even the new releases (e.g., R&C lightning deal for $30, and there have been many others).

QFT x 2!

#19 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2220 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:28 AM

Nooo! Not now! I always wanted this game, but was holding out for the $20 mark. But now that I have $22 in Amazon credit...this edition will only cost me $7.75. That's the great news.

The bad news is that I was saving my credit for BF in hopes of Dragon Age being $34.99 (if Amazon PM's Best Buy).

What to do? My gut is telling me to bite on this as I am a huge GB's fan.

#20 io   ... Super Moderators   24519 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Oh yeah, another was Persona PSP ;). Came up cheaper the other day than my 2 x ECA codes. So, pretty much the ECA enticed me to buy stuff at full price (or overpriced like this Slimer Edition was back then) that I wouldn't have normally bought - then they sell it all cheaper shortly afterwards anyway. Oh well... I'm seriously tempted to get another of these but then I realized that is pretty stupid - why double down on my original mistake? ;).

Don't get me wrong, the game seems decent enough - I didn't play it but I helped my son through parts of it. Just note that you can get it at Hollywood Video or Gamecrazy for $19.99 new if you are looking for that price point.

Dragon Age for $35 (potentially), eh? I will definitely be all over that - one thing I did hold off preordering in late summer was that one...

#21 pasko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

Thanks OP!

I'll bite this good deal!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3204 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

I got the PC Version of Dragon Age for $33 plus a $10 gift card. Nothing beats the ECA triple stack. except for that Tekken 6 Wireless Bundle. Man that was sweet.

As for this... I'll think about it. Probably pass, though.

#23 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2220 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

Oh yeah, another was Persona PSP ;). Came up cheaper the other day than my 2 x ECA codes. So, pretty much the ECA enticed me to buy stuff at full price (or overpriced like this Slimer Edition was back then) that I wouldn't have normally bought - then they sell it all cheaper shortly afterwards anyway. Oh well... I'm seriously tempted to get another of these but then I realized that is pretty stupid - why double down on my original mistake? ;).

Don't get me wrong, the game seems decent enough - I didn't play it but I helped my son through parts of it. Just note that you can get it at Hollywood Video or Gamecrazy for $19.99 new if you are looking for that price point.

Dragon Age for $35 (potentially), eh? I will definitely be all over that - one thing I did hold off preordering in late summer was that one...

Yeah, well...Dragon Age will definitely be $35 at Best Buy on BF...just don't know if Amazon will PM it for sure. Maybe...maybe not. This Slimer Edition for $7.75 for me is really tempting...

#24 DarkLegacy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

DarkLegacy

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

Nice find OP! I had a $10 off promotion laying around from a prior purchase so got it for $19.95.Damn good deal on an excellent game.

-DarkLegacy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 ddrlenz   Jedi Knight CAGiversary!   873 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

Damn. I bit on this when it was $45. Good deal though.
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#26 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5027 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:49 AM

I'd love to finally get this game on the cheap, but I really don't need the Slimer statue. Guess I'll keep holding out for a sub-$20 price drop!
Posted Image

#27 Greendecko   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Greendecko

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:01 AM

Thanks OP, was going to pick up the game during Gamestop's B2G1 but wanted the Slimer Edition for awhile. Excellent price point.
"It's Like I'm Assisting Suicide, Hate not Me, Hate your Weakness" - Iori Yagami KoF

Wii U - demondecko
Xbox Live Gamertag - GreenDecko
PSN Name - Demondecko

#28 SmileyMcSmiles   Coulrophobia CAGiversary!   2220 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

SmileyMcSmiles

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:02 AM

So...I decided to bite! Thanks OP! :)

I couldn't help it. With my $22 credit the total came to $7.75. I'd kick myself for passing up on the Slimer Edition at that price.

I started watching a Slimer Edition unboxing video on yoututbe, and didn't realize the Logo/Slimer statue was that big...that and that they only made 6,500 (guy turned it upside down and it reads, Limited to 6500 Pieces) of these. It actually looks really nice.

Being a huge GB fan...that sealed the deal for me.

Now I feel so completely naked when on Amazon...no more game credits...no more ECA.

#29 earvcunanan   I'm cool. CAGiversary!   3357 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

earvcunanan

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

Now I feel so completely naked when on Amazon...no more game credits...no more ECA.

Same here... looks like it's just my Chase debit card and I in my Amazon Black Friday endeavors. Hopefully, there won't be as many enticing deals for me, but knowing my weak-willed self when it comes to buying cheap games... :bomb::bomb::bomb:

#30 ZeroForte   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:41 AM

Thanks OP. Had a ten buck vidya game credit, and put it to good use. I'm more interested in the statue n' stuff than anything, so I'm probably gonna end up trading the game in.