*DEAD*Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (Wii/360<used>) $39.75/$27.99

vivafriend5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10322[/IMG-R]In addition to the Ghostbusters game, the Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition includes:

• An exclusive Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself.
  • Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Skins.
  • An exclusive (in the US) Ecto1 Key Chain that lights up and makes a siren sound.
iconamazon.gif
Ghostbusters: Amazon Exclusive Slimer Edition (360/Wii) $29.75/$39.75

Edit 11/26/09: The price for the PS3 and Wii has reverted back to $39.75. With all of the Thanksgiving specials coming and going, anyone who is interested should check the link and add their preferred version to their cart to assure the proper price is displayed. It has been fluctuating frequently.

Edit 11/27/09: PS3 version has reverted to $69.99. It is DEAD for now.

Edit 11/29/09: 360 version is out of stock. The price is unknown. Used copies are being offered in varying conditions for $27.99 which are Amazon fulfilled. Some claim to be shrinkwrapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freakin' awesome price. Is this a BF deal that started? If so we got a LOT of good things to look forward to.

Shit... The game alone for Wii is $25 at Fry's right now... From what I've heard this game is worth maybe around $20 new... Just gotta figure if the Slimer statute + game is worth $26.78 (w/ leftover ECA code)...

Hm 80$ left in video game credits, and I've basically bought every game I want that is already out(thank you cag, and amazon, by the way), and I do want to play this...but do I want to buy it? Well if I wake up and it's sold out on 360, my decision is made. If not...hmm.

FYI: It also has a magazine deal for 50% off "select videogame magazines". It seems you'll get the exact details in the e-mail though, I can't find info on which magazines and what other games qualify, atleast not where I'm looking.

[quote name='United_Korea']good deal, meh game[/QUOTE]

statue sculpted by the guy who created slimer, keychain of the ecto 1 which you push a button down it lights up and makes the siren noise, ghostbusters gamer graffix, and thats what i remember from reading

in for 1 thanks op. I too am a fan of ghostbusters but not a 70 dollar fan. 30 something i couldnt pass up..and not for this edition either.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']god dammit...[/QUOTE]

QFT...

And to think I went through a load of trouble to buy it when it was a lightning deal a few months back. It was $90 list, marked down $40 - so the "deal" was for $50. An ECA double-stack brought it down to $32 - so yeah, ECA "abuse" really didn't cost them anything in that case :lol:. Actually this has been true with just about everything I bought from Amazon, even the new releases (e.g., R&C lightning deal for $30, and there have been many others).

But I jumped through hoops to order it while I was at dinner on my iPhone (which is a chore, I tell ya!). It sold out within 15 minutes, and I barely got an order in. I also used one of my $30 game credits from the trade-in program. I have yet to even remove the statue and look at it :lol: (though my son did play the game).

[quote name='kodave']Shit... The game alone for Wii is $25 at Fry's right now... From what I've heard this game is worth maybe around $20 new... Just gotta figure if the Slimer statute + game is worth $26.78 [highlight](w/ leftover ECA code)[/highlight]...[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, good luck with that - they expired the last of them about a week ago.

[quote name='io']An ECA double-stack brought it down to $32 - so yeah, ECA "abuse" really didn't cost them anything in that case :lol:. Actually this has been true with just about everything I bought from Amazon, even the new releases (e.g., R&C lightning deal for $30, and there have been many others).
[/QUOTE]

QFT x 2!

Nooo! Not now! I always wanted this game, but was holding out for the $20 mark. But now that I have $22 in Amazon credit...this edition will only cost me $7.75. That's the great news.

The bad news is that I was saving my credit for BF in hopes of Dragon Age being $34.99 (if Amazon PM's Best Buy).

What to do? My gut is telling me to bite on this as I am a huge GB's fan.

Oh yeah, another was Persona PSP ;). Came up cheaper the other day than my 2 x ECA codes. So, pretty much the ECA enticed me to buy stuff at full price (or overpriced like this Slimer Edition was back then) that I wouldn't have normally bought - then they sell it all cheaper shortly afterwards anyway. Oh well... I'm seriously tempted to get another of these but then I realized that is pretty stupid - why double down on my original mistake? ;).

Don't get me wrong, the game seems decent enough - I didn't play it but I helped my son through parts of it. Just note that you can get it at Hollywood Video or Gamecrazy for $19.99 new if you are looking for that price point.

Dragon Age for $35 (potentially), eh? I will definitely be all over that - one thing I did hold off preordering in late summer was that one...

I got the PC Version of Dragon Age for $33 plus a $10 gift card. Nothing beats the ECA triple stack. except for that Tekken 6 Wireless Bundle. Man that was sweet.

As for this... I'll think about it. Probably pass, though.

[quote name='io']Oh yeah, another was Persona PSP ;). Came up cheaper the other day than my 2 x ECA codes. So, pretty much the ECA enticed me to buy stuff at full price (or overpriced like this Slimer Edition was back then) that I wouldn't have normally bought - then they sell it all cheaper shortly afterwards anyway. Oh well... I'm seriously tempted to get another of these but then I realized that is pretty stupid - why double down on my original mistake? ;).

Don't get me wrong, the game seems decent enough - I didn't play it but I helped my son through parts of it. Just note that you can get it at Hollywood Video or Gamecrazy for $19.99 new if you are looking for that price point.

Dragon Age for $35 (potentially), eh? I will definitely be all over that - one thing I did hold off preordering in late summer was that one...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well...Dragon Age will definitely be $35 at Best Buy on BF...just don't know if Amazon will PM it for sure. Maybe...maybe not. This Slimer Edition for $7.75 for me is really tempting...

Nice find OP! I had a $10 off promotion laying around from a prior purchase so got it for $19.95.Damn good deal on an excellent game.

-DarkLegacy

I'd love to finally get this game on the cheap, but I really don't need the Slimer statue. Guess I'll keep holding out for a sub-$20 price drop!

So...I decided to bite! Thanks OP! :)

I couldn't help it. With my $22 credit the total came to $7.75. I'd kick myself for passing up on the Slimer Edition at that price.

I started watching a Slimer Edition unboxing video on yoututbe, and didn't realize the Logo/Slimer statue was that big...that and that they only made 6,500 (guy turned it upside down and it reads, Limited to 6500 Pieces) of these. It actually looks really nice.

Being a huge GB fan...that sealed the deal for me.

Now I feel so completely naked when on Amazon...no more game credits...no more ECA.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Now I feel so completely naked when on Amazon...no more game credits...no more ECA.[/QUOTE]

Same here... looks like it's just my Chase debit card and I in my Amazon Black Friday endeavors. Hopefully, there won't be as many enticing deals for me, but knowing my weak-willed self when it comes to buying cheap games... :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Thanks OP. Had a ten buck vidya game credit, and put it to good use. I'm more interested in the statue n' stuff than anything, so I'm probably gonna end up trading the game in.

Now I want to get one and I have one of the $40 coupon from before. I add this to my cart, and it applies the cost of the game from the coupon, but not the full $40, just $30. However, if I add another game, it doesn't use up the rest of the coupon amount? Do I lose those $10 bucks.

[quote name='Estebon']Now I want to get one and I have one of the $40 coupon from before. I add this to my cart, and it applies the cost of the game from the coupon, but not the full $40, just $30. However, if I add another game, it doesn't use up the rest of the coupon amount? Do I lose those $10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you will...it was in the fine print. If that $40 is from the BUY80GET40 deal...you either use it all or lose what's left over. Put something else in there to use it to the last drop friend.

Wait, I just switched the extra game to Okami, and now the full $40 credit was taken out.

So Okami and Xbox Ghostbusters Slimer Edition for basically free. I flipped Amazon 3 copies of Medieval Games which used up previous Amazon credit for, and used the promo $40. Score!

[quote name='earvcunanan']Same here... looks like it's just my Chase debit card and I in my Amazon Black Friday endeavors. Hopefully, there won't be as many enticing deals for me, but knowing my weak-willed self when it comes to buying cheap games... :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

Haha...we are so going to spend more money. You know it...I know it...and Amazon there, most definitely knows it! ;)

[quote name='mr_bungle']No if you had a $40 credit you'll still keep your extra $10.[/QUOTE]

That's not what the fine print said...

"Each promotional claim code can be used ONLY ONCE, even if the full promotional credit is NOT USED. Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com. Offer cannot be applied to orders already placed with Amazon.com. Promotional claim code may not be combined with other offers in the same order. Generally, only one promotional claim code may be used per order."

Again...if that $40 is from the BUY80GET40 promo code they had a while back....be careful. If it's $40 credit you've accumulated from multiple promos where Amazon puts it into your account automatically...then you're good.

Been watching some gameplay videos on youtube...can't wait to get this. My order is already processing...hopefully it ships by tomorrow out of Nevada. Every time it ships out of Nevada I get it in a couple days, and that's with FSSS.

This is a great price! I knew it'd go this low, $30 ain't bad since that is what MSRP is or soon will be, for the game alone. Only can get one game this week really that isn't part of BF, seriously debating on making this it...however, the lack of any official packaging (rather, everything is shipped loose in an Amazon box according to one commenter on the page) makes me weary and makes me think it's junk...

[quote name='io']QFT...

And to think I went through a load of trouble to buy it when it was a lightning deal a few months back. It was $90 list, marked down $40 - so the "deal" was for $50. An ECA double-stack brought it down to $32 - so yeah, ECA "abuse" really didn't cost them anything in that case :lol:. Actually this has been true with just about everything I bought from Amazon, even the new releases (e.g., R&C lightning deal for $30, and there have been many others).

But I jumped through hoops to order it while I was at dinner on my iPhone (which is a chore, I tell ya!). It sold out within 15 minutes, and I barely got an order in. I also used one of my $30 game credits from the trade-in program. I have yet to even remove the statue and look at it :lol: (though my son did play the game).[/QUOTE]

i'm with you on this one... akkk! on well. can't wait to see what's up for the rest of the week! :bomb:

I just added it and went to checkout, just to see how much it would be after my discounts and Amazon offered me a 3-month Prime trial. I've done the free trial in the past, so it never has done that since then. I clicked on it and signed up and it worked! Free 3-months of two-day shipping.... great timing.

Back OT, thinking about snagging this but not sure. I already bought, beat, and traded away the PS3 normal version. Not sure I need the goodies. Great price though.

Dang it. I just bought the normal edition a few weeks ago for a higher price. I'd much rather have the Slimer Edition and have it on the PS3. I was forced to get the 360 version.

Bleh.

Nice...thanks. Played through it myself, but picked up the Slimer Edition for my brother. Used my $10 MW2 credit w/ the free prime trial offer.

-veggielasagna

bread's done
Back