Amazon matches Target: Brutal Legend, Dragon Age, L4D2, EA Sports, Borderlands $44

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
$44 shipped.

Brutal Legend
360: http://www.amazon.com/Brutal-Legend-Xbox-360/dp/B000XJNTPG
PS3: http://www.amazon.com/Brutal-Legend-Playstation-3/dp/B000XJLQ24

Dragon Age: Origins
360: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Xbox-360/dp/B001IK1BJ0/
PS3: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Age-Origins-Playstation-3/dp/B001IK5TJI/

New $44 matches added Tues AM:
xbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead 2

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Borderlands

xbox360.gif
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

xbox360.gif
Madden NFL 10
ps3.gif
Madden NFL 10

xbox360.gif
NHL 10
ps3.gif
NHL 10

xbox360.gif
NBA Live 10
ps3.gif
NBA Live 10

xbox360.gif
FIFA Soccer 10
ps3.gif
FIFA Soccer 10

xbox360.gif
Tekken 6
ps3.gif
Tekken 6

But if you want both or some other game in the Target sale, you're better of going with the Target deal and the $10 coupon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they can go lower... Even though I'm tempted to get Dragon Age for $44. It probably won't go below $40 but who knows.

[quote name='blackhole82']I wonder if they can go lower... Even though I'm tempted to get Dragon Age for $44. It probably won't go below $40 but who knows.[/QUOTE]

I believe Dragon Age will be 34.99 friday at best buy, if there's one near you

[quote name='DirkDiggler']I believe Dragon Age will be 34.99 friday at best buy, if there's one near you[/QUOTE]

Oh cool. Hopefully it doesn't sell out. Cause I don't really do the early morning black friday thing, unless it's online.

Should be noted that they also price matched NHL 10, Fifa 10, and Tekken 6 as well for 44.00...Im guessing there are more though...

Seems likely to me that they'll drop the price again on BF to match Best Buy/any other doorbuster deals and that they're just trying to get people to jump the gun early. I'd at least wait until Friday to see if they lower Dragon Age to 34 unless you want the game immediately or something.

[quote name='gregnied']I hope they Price Match L4D2[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Only games I am looking for a deal on this BF are L4D2 and DJ Hero (up to $60 but doubt to see that).

I hope they drop the price on L4D2, it'd save me a trip to BB an allow me to spend some extra time visiting with my family :D

Not very spectacular especially when Brutal Legend was a $30 lightning deal last week. These need to come down to at least $30.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I hope they drop the price on L4D2, it'd save me a trip to BB an allow me to spend some extra time visiting with my family :D[/QUOTE]

Now that Walmart has matched Target at $44 on L4D2, I would think it's only a matter of time for Amazon to do the same. That way can save tax on the deal and free shipping.

[quote name='jpatern']Now that Walmart has matched Target at $44 on L4D2, I would think it's only a matter of time for Amazon to do the same. That way can save tax on the deal and free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if they have people that read CAG and they just want to teasing us... Hurry Up Amazon!!! Im dying to kill zombies...

[quote name='mario23air']If I buy Dragon Age now for $44 and the price drops again will Amazon adjust the price for me?[/QUOTE]

They stopped doing that unfortunatly. :cry: I bought a copy from Target that I haven't opened and I am waiting to see what Amazon does.

Whaaa? Since when did Amazon stop price adjusting? This is definitely news to me...although either way it wouldn't work for you mario23air, since I believe they only did this for pre-orders.

I have credit and want to get borderlands, should I get jump in at $44 or could it go lower this week?

[quote name='mario23air']If I buy Dragon Age now for $44 and the price drops again will Amazon adjust the price for me?[/QUOTE]

You must have apparently missed all the frustration of the many Amazon price matching topics in the past.

It's worked for some, including me, but the rule of law is they don't. So unless you really believe in yourself and your ability to argue / persuade a person and / or have unbridled diligence...I wouldn't count on Amazon price matching items if they later drop in price.

lol

[quote name='JJ2AH']I have credit and want to get borderlands, should I get jump in at $44 or could it go lower this week?[/QUOTE]
Exactly what I'm wondering...

[quote name='Ender']Come on cheapasses, you know if you give these games 3-4 months, they'll be available for

I also called amazon and they told me they would lower the charge on my card or privode a credit if the price dropped.

Damn, looks like they are limiting the games to 1 per person. I wanted to pick one up for my brother and I. I guess my brother will be playing without me this Christmas...

just bought dragon age and left 4 dead. looks like my holiday shopping is done!

edit: wait a minute... I can save $20 by waiting until Friday?? damn you Amazon! they are trying to trick us. lower it more!!

So I still have a brand new CE version of Dragon Age Origins that I bought from Bestbuy, do you think the CE version is worth it over the discounted regular version of the game that will be floating around this black friday? I cant make up my mind...

Wondering if I should jump on Borderlands. Looks like the cheapest it will be in a while. I can always grab it at Target for $42.xx but I do have some Amazon credits burning so $44 sounds good.

Anyone have any idea if Borderlands might be cheaper anywhere else? Glanced over the Black Friday thread to no avail.

I had already bought Left 4 Dead 2 for $54.99 when they were offering the additional $10 game credit. I sent an Email earlier about the price dropping to $44 and within an hour I had a response that they had credited my card $10.99. So, I ended up getting it for $44 and still got the $10 game credit. I love Amazon.

[quote name='riskzero']So I still have a brand new CE version of Dragon Age Origins that I bought from Bestbuy, do you think the CE version is worth it over the discounted regular version of the game that will be floating around this black friday? I cant make up my mind...[/QUOTE]

No spoilers here.

I just finished the game last week and spent 60 hours playing according to the game clock thanks to being sick in bed for a week so hopefully my opinion can be as informed as any. I got the regular edition and ended up buying the Warden's Keep DLC that's supposed to be an extra included with the CE. If all you care about is in-game stuff then you get codes for the Shale character DLC and the Blood Dragon Armor with the regular edition.

Warden's Keep is maybe 2 hours long and results in you getting a rather decent set of armor early in the game (with a strength requirement making it warriors only), an item storage chest that really should have been standard and the option for some unique (though kinda weak) powers.

If the stuff in the keep plus an item doesn't sound worthwhile and you aren't someone who would have a sense of satisfaction in keeping a limited edition of a game for posterity then you get about $30 back by swapping for a regular copy. Minus $7 for Shale (the quest as part of his DLC is blah so that's a wash to me) you still come out ahead as long as you don't care about the packaging and the boots.

Sidenotes:

It's worth mentioning that the armor DLC puts the item immediately in your inventory but unless you pick a warrior and put all points in strength you'll not be able to use that for a LONG time due to the attribute requirement. Also note that you don't get the full set of armor, just the torso. You've still got to buy the boots and gloves (in-game, not with real money) to get the full set bonus, but helmets aren't required for armor set bonuses. If you pick a mage you'll be carrying the damn armor around until you unlock Arcane Warrior specialization, which for me was after about 45 hours due to the path I chose. Even just handing off the armor to a party member takes a while due to the really high strength requirement.

Finally, I thought the random banter between Alistair and Morrigan if they're together in your party was the best I heard during my playthrough so had I not gotten Shale for free I'd feel burned having paid $15. Also got annoyed at the constant stomping noise while walking when Shale's in the party.

god bless the blossoming blood feud between the corporate devils @ WalMart and the relentless geeks @ Amazon. So many $44 choices, but Borderlands for me it is!

I have $40 of Amazon credit from 'buy $80 get $40' deal and was wondering whether to get Dragon's Age now, which I'm not sure I will enjoy, or to use credit towards Bioshock 2, which I will love but in the sooo distant future.
If one were to guess, what would be the probability that DA would drop in price even further before New Year? And I'm not talking about BF deals as I hate fighting the crowds in the mall.

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I had already bought Left 4 Dead 2 for $54.99 when they were offering the additional $10 game credit. I sent an Email earlier about the price dropping to $44 and within an hour I had a response that they had credited my card $10.99. So, I ended up getting it for $44 and still got the $10 game credit. I love Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I also bought Left 4 Dead 2 for $54.99 when they offered the $10 game credit. I just emailed them as you did, and got denied a refund.

Man. So many games heading to a $44 point. Tempting.

I'm just holding out to see if someone goes batshit and drops down around the $35 mark. I don't feel like battling the crazies on Friday.

Borderlands is looking very tempting at that price point. Anyone think we'll see it drop any further before the holidays or should I just burn the credit now? I just know the game is going to sit around, already playing Dragon Age and wrapped up in MW2 multiplayer.

bread's done
Back