Madden NFL Arcade

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
Madden NFL Arcade is out now on xbl marketplace for 1200 points. Anyone have this? Am on the fence about it, but I like it from playing the demo. I am just wondering if there's like a season mode or anything offline to play against the cpu/ai. I'll probably play it alot online as well but that offline play would be a good extra. I know you can play 1-4 people offline. If you've purchased it already, please leave your thoughts and details.

Save your money... no game modes except quick play and it's so dumbed down you can't even pick your exact play.

what a shameless attempt at a cash grab.

Please do not buy.

Kevin

Dude, It's insanely fun! The point is that it is supposed to be a fast paced sports game. Played for 4 hours last night and I hate sports. Buy this if you do not have it.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Dude, It's insanely fun! The point is that it is supposed to be a fast paced sports game. Played for 4 hours last night and I hate sports. Buy this if you do not have it.[/QUOTE]

Just want to highlight that part. This game is clearly for people who don't enjoy sports. Nuff said.

The trial was okay.....it just made me want to play the first NFL Blitz. (The arcade version)

Game is terrible. Only 4 plays to select on both sides of the ball? Demo was downloaded, played and deleted within 10 minutes. Save your 1200 ms points!

You guys have to remember that it's not made to be like a regular madden game. Thus, it has no season mode or any of the other fancy things added to it. It's suppose to be a quick, pick up game. A game that you pick up the controller, make a few plays and play for a few minutes just to mess around or to squeeze time or things such as in between a half time football game. It plays and looks good to me. I'd rather have the official players and I like how it's the best 5 players on defense&offense per team plus I have plenty of hd space so that helps instead of switching back and forth on games. I love football, but haven't bought a madden in a few years so this is okay for me.

$15 is an awful price for this. This and that NHL arcade game they came out were both barebones and not worth their initial price. If this goes on sale at some point, like the NHL game did, I might consider.

I downloaded the demo, and then found out there is 4 plays! I cannot even believe they are charging 1200 points for it, I am a huge madden fan but could not buy this game even for 800 points. I also second NFL street for people looking for a arcade style game, and you get more than 4 plays, or just get Madden 09 used for ten bucks.

There are actually 5 players. 5 on defense and 5 on offense so each team has 10 players x 32 teams=320 players in all total. 4 plays, only 60 yards and first person to score to 30 wins. C'mon guys, give it a break and ease up on it already. I bought it and am content with it. I have to play a little bit more to say i'm happy with it but so far so good and no regrets. It's a quick, pick up game bottom line. If you want to play those older games that is fine too. I just wanted something fun to play quickly online and offline plus it's on my hard drive so no worry about game disc or anything else. It's 25% the price and gameplay of a retail madden game. You can't expect much nor ask for alot so be realistic. I give it an 8 out of 10 and it's gotten good reviews overall. Easy 200 gamerscore if you're into achievements but don't bash it just yet. Play it at a friends house or ask someone who has played it already for awhile.

i actually need to boost the online achievements for this, if anyone is up for it... shoot me a PM and/or friend request...

GT: Stauskas

This game's on sale, or will be once the current sale's over, for 800 points, which is a good price for the game.

Along with it, they've updated the rosters to a more recent date that includes the draft and free agency. Looking over a few of them, I'd have liked to see this be an optional roster since it completely changes some teams due to trades and drafts during the off-season.

Full rosters listed here:
http://www.operationsports.com/pressview.php?id=176

bread's done
Back