Mega Man Anniversary Collection(Xbox)- $19.99 preorder at EBgames.com

Wasn't the PS2 version of this the one to get, because of the change in controls on the GC version, between the PS2 and GC versions?

Does this mean I should get rid of my PS2 version? Also does this version have the extra sound option like the PS2 version?

if this removes the black bars at the left and right screens from the ps2 version im so getting this one.

I cant wait for Mega Man X Collection... maybe I'll pick this up when it comes to Xbox.

Yeah, i heard that they mapped jump to the left trigger, and to shoot you have to press up-right on the right stick. No explanation was given.

[quote name='Rozz']I cant wait for Mega Man X Collection... maybe I'll pick this up when it comes to Xbox.[/quote]

Is that confirmed? Or are you just assuming they'll make one?

But yeah, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. Mega Man X kicked ass..

[quote name='Rozz']I cant wait for Mega Man X Collection... maybe I'll pick this up when it comes to Xbox.[/quote]

ditto except I will prob get it on PS2

[quote name='magus83']if this removes the black bars at the left and right screens from the ps2 version im so getting this one.[/quote]

What black bars? Never noticed them when I'm playing.

[quote name='evilmax17']Yeah, i heard that they mapped jump to the left trigger, and to shoot you have to press up-right on the right stick. No explanation was given.[/quote]

eesh, as it wasn't already going to be awkward playing on an xbox controller. meh i'll still pick it up.

[quote name='minqqq'][quote name='evilmax17']Yeah, i heard that they mapped jump to the left trigger, and to shoot you have to press up-right on the right stick. No explanation was given.[/quote]

eesh, as it wasn't already going to be awkward playing on an xbox controller. meh i'll still pick it up.[/quote]

Yeah, I heard also that if you stick your finger through the hole in the disc and then spin it really fast you can unlock the entire anime series plus Captain N and the Game Master episodes.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']I can't wait for the Mega Man X collection. I shaqufing love that game series. The 1st one was one of my favorite games on the SNES.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the one to watch for. X-X3 were great, especially X2. X4 was awesome and X5 was definitely my favorite. X6 wasn't as good, but still will be appreciated on the collection. X7 and X8 are shit though. So yeah, since it doesn't include those garbage games, but rather all the good X games, it's going to be awesome.

[quote name='supermariomelee'][quote name='magus83']if this removes the black bars at the left and right screens from the ps2 version im so getting this one.[/quote]

What black bars? Never noticed them when I'm playing.[/quote]

Nor did I. I'm guessing that he's using a widescreen TV or something and if that's the case, then I seriously doubt that it'll be changed since they'd have to mess up Mega Man's aspect ratio and everything.

Yea, I loved the X series so I can't wait for the X Collection. I've been thinking about getting Anniversary Collection but never played any of them besides 8, are any of you guys (gals) whom have it enjoying it? And also I'd be getting the Gamecube version which I heard had kinda messed up controls before, is it that bad?

The thing about the Gamecube controls is they swapped the A and B button functions from what the original games were. If you only played the one game, it probably wouldn't affect you much. Customized controls would have solved the problem as would have simply allowing X to jump instead of B.

[quote name='viewtiful7']Yea, I loved the X series so I can't wait for the X Collection. I've been thinking about getting Anniversary Collection but never played any of them besides 8, are any of you guys (gals) whom have it enjoying it? And also I'd be getting the Gamecube version which I heard had kinda messed up controls before, is it that bad?[/quote]

I'd definitely say get it. I personally don't care about Mega Man 1-6 at all. But 7 and 8 are awesome. The two arcade games are also fun. I guess, if you really like Mega Man, then I'd get it just so you can have 7 and 8.

[quote name='DenisDFat']mega man 3 is the best mega man ever in the history of ever.[/quote]

I'd say thay #3 runs a close second to #2 which is in fact the greatest mega man game of all time.

[quote name='magus83']if this removes the black bars at the left and right screens from the ps2 version im so getting this one.[/quote]
I have the same problem with some of my games. Its just really bad with MMAC. I dont think getting the xbox version will change that. I dont have my camera so I cant post a pic of this phenomenon.

[quote name='DenisDFat']yu suck.

mega man 3 is the best mega man ever in the history of ever.[/quote]
I actually agree with you. :shock:

I'd be all over this but I gave in and bought the PS2 version Monday at CC for $24.99.
Hey, WSB is that tip just for Xbox or for all versions?

[quote name='DenisDFat']yu suck.

mega man 3 is the best mega man ever in the history of ever.[/quote]

You can argue that all you want, but #1 the guy who said 1-6 are worthless does suck, and #2 Mega Man 3 was my favorite game in the series.

bread's done
Back