Amazon Borderlands PC 19.99

I saw this earlier, decided to bite on it. Was googling to see if splitscreen was possible on the pc version, and if there was anything said about bringing the DLC to the PC(preferably for free).

ugh not cheap enough for free shipping...

Do I want to wait till tomorrow at 10 to see if steam has this on sale? Or should I buy this with a 4GB flash drive (which I kinda want/need)?

i signed up for free one month amazon prime trial although i used it before for three months , you guys can try that for free shipping

I caved and bought borderlands and a 4GB flash drive for $30, free shipping and no tax...I love you amazon.com

Just please don't make me buy anything else....

[quote name='dreamer2050']i signed up for free one month amazon prime trial although i used it before for three months , you guys can try that for free shipping
1.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I would sure love to have free shipping available, going to drop few hundred bucks on amazon today.

Damnit. I already ordered this from GameStop. I fucking hate GameStop. It's too late to cancel my order.

I would have much rather bought this from Amazon.

I'm surprised it's already down to 20. It's a pretty new game, but was also pirated a lot.

Which means they forced that pretty hardcore DRM onto the game and legit customers for no reason whatsoever... again.

I have over 4 days logged on my 360 saves. I'm picking this up to play with friends and for the current/inevitable mods on the PC version.

I thought all the DRM on Borderlands did was release date check and disc check? Either way I grabbed this up using my $20 credit from MW2. Hopefully I can meet up with some folks that had been playing it already from my WoW guild :) I hear its like Diablo with Guns which sounds pretty awesome to me.

Got for $34 from steam cause of that pre-order deal on the 4-pack and it was well worth the money. Fantastic game with 25+ hours of fun. It's a steal at this price.

And I read on the Gearbox forums that they have found a fix for the online problems people are having. So hopefully that'll be released soon.

Tempted, but passing because I don't want to have SecuRom DRM installed on my PC. Hoping the Steam version will be on sale sometime in the next few days.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Does this require the disc in the drive in order to play it?[/QUOTE]

Yes.
Retail disc version does.

[quote name='powersurge']I thought all the DRM on Borderlands did was release date check and disc check?[/quote]
Yep, it has Securom protection - including a release date check, required activation (per every time you install it), and a disc check for when you boot the game.

Either way I grabbed this up using my $20 credit from MW2. Hopefully I can meet up with some folks that had been playing it already from my WoW guild :) I hear its like Diablo with Guns which sounds pretty awesome to me.
Yep - it's basically a FPS meets ARPG. It's awesome.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Got for $34 from steam cause of that pre-order deal on the 4-pack and it was well worth the money. Fantastic game with 25+ hours of fun. It's a steal at this price.

And I read on the Gearbox forums that they have found a fix for the online problems people are having. So hopefully that'll be released soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they have - and another PC patch is coming, whenever that might be. They are working on that.

And Gearbox announced they are bringing the Zombie Island DLC to the PC, as well - we don't know details yet of how it'll be distributed, its cost (I bet it'll cost $10 like the console versions), and all of that.

Most of the Borderlands PC players are playing it on GamerRanger, since GR is unofficially supporting the game. Over 200-300 servers usually going a day. If you can't get it going on GameSpy w/out opening ports or anything, try GameRanger - works fine for me on GR w/out changing any settings. GR even works for those w/ retail and Steam copies of the game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FPS_Sage']Looks like the deal is dead now, back to $40.[/QUOTE]

:( for those who miss'd out.
I love Borderlands.

[quote name='MysterD']Most of the Borderlands PC players are playing it on GamerRanger, since GR is unofficially supporting the game. Over 200-300 servers usually going a day. If you can't get it going on GameSpy w/out opening ports or anything, try GameRanger - works fine for me on GR w/out changing any settings. GR even works for those w/ retail and Steam copies of the game. :)[/QUOTE]

I'll have to remember that as I just picked this up for myself and my brother. Will be good to know if we have trouble. Thanks.

[quote name='MysterD']:( for those who miss'd out.
I love Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

yep, i totally agree.

it works fine with my 9800 gt.

i hope i can upgrade soon. directx 11 is something to look forward to..

bread's done
Back