Free iPhone/Android App: Parallel Kingdom - Age of Emergence

Gilby3000

CAG Veteran
The game has been around since early 2008. This new version (Age of Emergence) just came out last week. It's vastly improved, and for the time being, free to play.

(from the website) In the Age of Emergence you can:

- Hunt and kill monsters and other players
- Found cities and watch them grow as other players join them
- Claim land and grow your kingdom by building flags and houses
- Socialize and chat in 12 unique global chatrooms
- Easily visit other players around the world
- Safely trade with other players using Trade Posts in each city
- Upgrade and craft weapons and armor
- Team up with other players in a hunting party to gain bonuses
- Plant and harvest trees
- Mine stone, iron ore, and sulfur
- Forge craftable items
- Learn 9 skills with 27 unique abilities like Troll Lore, Weapon Smithing, and Archery
- Refer your friends for in-game bonuses

Get the app now. Post here to tell what you think

Read the reviews on my Hero. Isn't getting very good reviews. Apperently you have to use real money to buy food which runs out very fast. It also seems to be a pretty big resource hog as well. There seems to be other issues as well, so I'll be avoiding it.

[quote name='Nebenator']OP- link please
cycophuk- link please[/QUOTE]

I can't provide you a link to the reviews I read on my phone. Sorry. Here, let me give you some examples:

Jason - Played for maybe 30 seconds before I needed to buy food with real money. No thanks.
The_Forastero - Kind of complicated to begin with. Look I like games, but I dont have much time for it when I'm on the move. Bottom line: needs to be more simple.
Aaron - Mega memory hog, please reduce app size. Food should regenerate a set amount per day as well as being allowed to buy.
Rey - This is one game to avoid, don't waste you time...
Sarah - Used to love it. Played every day for 3 months. Now its slowglitchy, and tempermental w/upgrade. Uninstalling immediately.
tom - It crashed my dam phone. Pay to level up??? No thanks
Preston - Was 5 stars till the adition of food you HAVE to pay real money to advance in the game

From all the reviews I read while pulling these gems, it appears that the game as alot of fun until the latest update and then they add the pay to eat/level up feature and a bunch of bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cycophuk']I can't provide you a link to the reviews I read on my phone. Sorry.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry, I didn't know :roll:

[quote name='Nebenator']I'm sorry, I didn't know :roll:[/QUOTE]

It's cool. I should have been more specfic that when I read reviews on my Hero, that I was reading them on my phone. Not everyone knows what the Hero is.

[quote name='cycophuk']Read the reviews on my Hero. Isn't getting very good reviews.[/QUOTE]

According to Androlib, the average review ratings have actually increased since the new version launched.

I can't post links yet, but you can just go to androlib.com and search for "parallel kingdom"

The average is now 3.73 out of 5

The only Droid games I've tried so far have been Jewels (Bejeweled), mem (Simon), and Pac-Man. mem is my favorite, it's a good way to waste the 2 minutes you need to be rid of ASAP.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Parallel Kingdom is still alive and well and still FREE! :D

In fact, the game just passed the 100,000 player mark!

Also, there's new features being released today at 3:30 PM (CST)

New Features Include:
Metallurgy
Special Metal Weapons
Gems

New Creature: Zagharu

Read about the new features here

Also, here's a couple tips for all you CAGs :) The virtual resource Food can be acquired from other players by using the trade posts (there's a trade post in every city). There's a lot of players willing to trade their Food for just about anything else in the game.

Another way you can get free Food is to refer a friend to the game. Each referral gets you 200 Food (about $2)

[quote name='hollowfreak']Is it just me or does it look like someone's pimping their own game? Shameless. :lol:[/QUOTE]

this doesn't need its own thread, it should go in the iphone and android app's threads.

absolute garbage. This game is a typical MMORPG that relies on players getting addicted and then charges them real life money to upgrade their character. like most mmorpgs there is no real skill involved....hours spent online plus real money spent equals character strength. It seems to have ripped off many other ideas from other RPGS while not really adding anything new. The idea of using GPS seemed like a good idea but it is not used in the game at all after you level your character at all and the game would be exactly the same without it. Do yourself a favor and stay way from this terrible game with terrible graphics and developers! By the way it is filled with hatful players with names depicting sexual acts, homosexuality, hate speech and many other adult topics are common in the chatrooms, This is not a game for children.

[quote name='mmorpg']absolute garbage. This game is a typical MMORPG that relies on players getting addicted and then charges them real life money to upgrade their character. like most mmorpgs there is no real skill involved....hours spent online plus real money spent equals character strength. It seems to have ripped off many other ideas from other RPGS while not really adding anything new. The idea of using GPS seemed like a good idea but it is not used in the game at all after you level your character at all and the game would be exactly the same without it. Do yourself a favor and stay way from this terrible game with terrible graphics and developers! By the way it is filled with hatful players with names depicting sexual acts, homosexuality, hate speech and many other adult topics are common in the chatrooms, This is not a game for children.[/QUOTE]
I don't see where that fits in with sexual acts and hate speech, let alone it being an adult topic.

Kingdom Age is mediocre in general. There is no innovative element or special approach to the traditional mainstays. It doesn’t mean that it’s not fun, but too much re-fry ruins the appetite.

[quote name='Gilby3000']Just wanted to mention that we added a ton of new stuff to the game last Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this is just somebody hocking their wares. The copy/pasted font tags in the op post should have given it away.

Lock, IMO.

bread's done
Back