Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) $40 at Amazon

[quote name='JJ2AH']If I ordered it for $50 yesterday will amazon refund me?[/QUOTE]
Has it shipped yet? If not, e-mail them now!

If they give you shit, just cancel it and reorder.

i just got a PS3 for christmas and shoved it in my closet since I have MW2 and some other 360 games to keep me occupied until then (also, christmas is just more exciting with more boxes)

and I probably wasn't going to buy Uncharted 2 until I beat Uncharted 1... think this is as low as it's going to go? should i just buy it now or wait?

[quote name='Jodou']Has it shipped yet? If not, e-mail them now!

If they give you shit, just cancel it and reorder.[/QUOTE]

It just shipped this morning, I can't cancel because AC for $10 is in the order...

[quote name='JJ2AH']It just shipped this morning, I can't cancel because AC for $10 is in the order...[/QUOTE]
I'd still try for what it's worth.

[quote name='pureheat101']and I probably wasn't going to buy Uncharted 2 until I beat Uncharted 1... think this is as low as it's going to go? should i just buy it now or wait?[/QUOTE]
Uncharted 1 took a long time to drop if I remember correctly. However this is pretty much guaranteed to be Greatest Hits with plenty of black labels still floating around when it drops. If you have the patience to wait until next year you will be able to get it for $30 or less.

Yeah go to the 'help' page and go to 'contact us' and click on the e-mail tab and ask them if you can either cancel or get the lowered price. They will more than likely lower the price and only charge you $40 cause they're awesome like that.

On the other hand fuck Best Buy I bought it at full price from them minus a shitty $20 gift card I got for buying RE5 at full price.

Last time I ever do THAT again, especially since I've only played Uncharted 2 for maybe a couple of hours.

[quote name='pureheat101']i just got a PS3 for christmas and shoved it in my closet since I have MW2 and some other 360 games to keep me occupied until then (also, christmas is just more exciting with more boxes)

and I probably wasn't going to buy Uncharted 2 until I beat Uncharted 1... think this is as low as it's going to go? should i just buy it now or wait?[/QUOTE]

there's always a chance amazon or some other retailer could sell Uncharted 2 for ~$35 this holiday season but if Uncharted 1 was any indication, $40 is probably about as cheap as it will get until it becomes a Greatest Hits title 6+ months from now.

^It doesn't hurt to try. Worst case scenario, buy it again and return the first one and get at least 5 bucks or whatever back. You'll have to pay the shipping to return it, but you'll get some of your money back.

Thanks OP. I was disappointed that there wasn't a deal for this game during the week and I really wanted a better deal than the $29 for Killzone 2. These were the 2 games I was holding out for and I'm glad I got what I think is a good deal for 1 of them.

[quote name='RedGamer']$40 is still expensive.

There are alot of cheap PS3 games you can play until UC2 drops.[/QUOTE]

Are you for real?

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Are you for real?[/QUOTE]
He's a CAG like the rest of us! I'll bite for $25 or less heh.

On another note concerning pricing...
Last BF Heavenly Sword was $19.95, now it's been $56 for the past year LOL.

[quote name='RedGamer']$40 is still expensive.

There are alot of cheap PS3 games you can play until UC2 drops.[/QUOTE]

You guys are too spoiled. I got mine when it was $59. I don't even remember Uncharted 1 going on sale before it became a greatest hits. I remember stores still selling that one for $59 earlier this year.

I'd say based on this being a top teir Sony game that 40 is as good as it gets for a long time. It seems like the good PS3 games don't drop in price for anything less than a Greatest Hits collection addition.

[quote name='greggysasaki']You guys are too spoiled. I got mine when it was $59. I don't even remember Uncharted 1 going on sale before it became a greatest hits. I remember stores still selling that one for $59 earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

I got it for 14.98 on Thursday! I just got my PS3 yesterday, so I had no need to own it before then. Amazing deal!

[quote name='decon']He's a CAG like the rest of us! I'll bite for $25 or less heh.

On another note concerning pricing...
Last BF Heavenly Sword was $19.95, now it's been $56 for the past year LOL.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I want it for 19.95.. :whistle2:X

Spoiled? I disagree.

The ones who buy UC2 for $40 are spoiled. For $34, one could pick up Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Valkyria Chronicles from GameStop used.

Mirror's Edge + Dead Space + Valkyria Chronicles + $6 Dollars

Versus.

UnCharted 2.

I think we can all see Option 1 is better. Option 1 is just an example.

Now, if you have every game worth playing that is cheap, yeah, ok, buy UnCharted 2.

But when people are considering paying $40 for UnCharted 2
before even playing some of the top-notch AAA games like:

Dead Space/
Mirror's Edge/
Valkyria Chronicles/
UnCharted 1/
Ratchet Future ToD/
Metal Gear Solid 4/
Assassin's Creed/
The Darkness/
Devil May Cry 4/
BioShock/

that are ALL very cheap now, then something is wrong. Unless you have played through those games and many of the other games that I can't think of off the top of my head, buying UnCharted 2 is just ludicrous at the $40 price point.

The only way I see such a purchase as justifiable is as follows:

1) Birthday Present for someone.
2) You are going to die, and you want to play it before you die.
3) Someone is in the hospital.
4) Christmas present for someone. (honestly, you should just buy them Valkyria Chronicles for $20. It would be better for your wallet AND their gaming variety.)

5) You have a high income.

Now.. while Justification (5) is an almost valid justification, it is also part of what I call financial stupidity.

I'm torn between this and FIFA.
I really don't want to spend much more money as I just wasted nearly $600 yesterday.
Desicions, desicions...

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Are you for real?[/QUOTE]
$40 is expensive to a CAG and if you're in no hurry to play it, he's right.

Besides, game prices always drop. Main problem most CAGers have is HUGE backlogs. I have 10 games that I have only booted up and tried, but haven't had time to get into them and finish.

Depends on everyone's personal sweet spot. Mine is $25 on new games, and less than $20 on (old) good games.

[quote name='CarreraGT']I'm torn between this and FIFA.
I really don't want to spend much more money as I just wasted nearly $600 yesterday.
Desicions, desicions...[/QUOTE]
You bought Fifa?

You should have waited for the World Cup edition.
i mean, Ea always releases a normal title and a world cup edition when the World Cup is near. right?:roll:

[quote name='decon']Besides, game prices always drop. Main problem most CAGers have is HUGE backlogs. I have 10 games that I have only booted up and tried, but haven't had time to get into them and finish.

Depends on everyone's personal sweet spot. Mine is $25 on new games, and less than $20 on (old) good games.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I only throw games into backlog now if there is no way I'm going to be able to score them down the line (e.g. Demon's Souls Deluxe...) otherwise I just sit and wait for a drop. There's just no point spending $60-$40 on a game to watch it sit on a shelf and be down to $30-$20 by the time I can play it.

[quote name='greggysasaki']You guys are too spoiled. I got mine when it was $59. I don't even remember Uncharted 1 going on sale before it became a greatest hits. I remember stores still selling that one for $59 earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

Spoiled? Get out of here as you DO NOT know the definition of being a CAG gamer. I buy new games at the $20-30 price range anything more than that is too much.

My most recent purchase was Modern Warfare 2 which I bought for $20 because of the $40 credit I had when the buy two for $80 was available.
I bought Uncharted 2 for about $45 on sales and sold it on Ebay got all of my money back.

Uncharted 2 is a great game, BUT after you beat it the game has no more legs..... The multi-player fails in comparison to Call Of Duty and Battle Field so unless you like beating the same game over and over I would not purchase this game for more than $29.99.

peace

$40-$20 GC from MW2, and I just got two great AAA titles for less than the price of a full game (previous trade in credit)

Once again, thank you OP!

Thanks OP! I've been waiting for Amazon to offer a great deal on this game.

I just ordered Uncharted 1 from Amazon yesterday for $15, been waiting forever for that price to drop. Should I get Uncharted 2 now, or should I be a true CAGer and wait till further price drop? I may have to wait till 2011!!!!!

Great Price, thanks OP... don't think I can justify it when I still need to finish demon's souls, mw2, god of war collection, batman: aa, etc. It goes back further than that, including uncharted 1.

Thanks for pointing it out though, and thanks Amazon for matching like a pro.

Uncharted 1 took nearly 2 years to drop in price, are you guys seriously going to wait that long? $40 is a real bargain now, and I don't expect the game to drop any further for a long time.

Price drops don't matter, sales do.

For example, the Spend $80 Get $40 Credit sale.

Assuming a sale like that shows up again, we'll see UnCharted 2 is $50 and UnCharted 1 is $30.

We'll split it so that it works.

U2 minus $25 = $25, UnCharted minus $15 = $15.

That is $40 total of UnCharted 2 and UnCharted 1.

This is an example of -why- a MSRP price drop is not needed to reach a good price. Honestly, with all the sales Amazon has, there is a sale like the Spend $80 Get $40 or Spend $80, $20 off sale almost every 1 -2 months.

[quote name='jfuze']If you have a PS3 and dont have Uncharted 2... now is the time. Amazing game.[/QUOTE]

n pick up the 1st uncharted as well had a very good story line.

[quote name='cRodz']You bought Fifa?

You should have waited for the World Cup edition.
i mean, Ea always releases a normal title and a world cup edition when the World Cup is near. right?:roll:[/QUOTE]

No I haven't, I WAS going to, but then I saw this deal. Might as well pick this one up if I have to wait till June to pick up the WC edition.

[quote name='RedGamer']Spoiled? I disagree.

The ones who buy UC2 for $40 are spoiled. For $34, one could pick up Mirror's Edge, Dead Space and Valkyria Chronicles from GameStop used.

Mirror's Edge + Dead Space + Valkyria Chronicles + $6 Dollars

Versus.

UnCharted 2.

I think we can all see Option 1 is better. Option 1 is just an example.

Now, if you have every game worth playing that is cheap, yeah, ok, buy UnCharted 2.

But when people are considering paying $40 for UnCharted 2
before even playing some of the top-notch AAA games like:

Dead Space/
Mirror's Edge/
Valkyria Chronicles/
UnCharted 1/
Ratchet Future ToD/
Metal Gear Solid 4/
Assassin's Creed/
The Darkness/
Devil May Cry 4/
BioShock/

that are ALL very cheap now, then something is wrong. Unless you have played through those games and many of the other games that I can't think of off the top of my head, buying UnCharted 2 is just ludicrous at the $40 price point.

The only way I see such a purchase as justifiable is as follows:

1) Birthday Present for someone.
2) You are going to die, and you want to play it before you die.
3) Someone is in the hospital.
4) Christmas present for someone. (honestly, you should just buy them Valkyria Chronicles for $20. It would be better for your wallet AND their gaming variety.)

5) You have a high income.

Now.. while Justification (5) is an almost valid justification, it is also part of what I call financial stupidity.[/QUOTE]

CAD ppl.. should listen to this guy. thx for saving me $40. lol I just got batman AA for $20 from amazon and almost jump on this but I guess it would not be played much

[quote name='tears2040']Spoiled? Get out of here as you DO NOT know the definition of being a CAG gamer. I buy new games at the $20-30 price range anything more than that is too much.

My most recent purchase was Modern Warfare 2 which I bought for $20 because of the $40 credit I had when the buy two for $80 was available.
I bought Uncharted 2 for about $45 on sales and sold it on Ebay got all of my money back.

Uncharted 2 is a great game, BUT after you beat it the game has no more legs..... The multi-player fails in comparison to Call Of Duty and Battle Field so unless you like beating the same game over and over I would not purchase this game for more than $29.99.

peace[/QUOTE]

So, anything beyond $30 is too expensive for your standards, yet you purchased two games for $80 ($40 each)? Hmm...:whistle2:k. Sure, you applied the $40 in credit to save on another purchase, but that doesn't disregard the fact that you spent $40 each for those two games.

[quote name='CarreraGT']No I haven't, I WAS going to, but then I saw this deal. Might as well pick this one up if I have to wait till June to pick up the WC edition.[/QUOTE]
oh i thought you bought it cause it was at 35 on a lightning deal. If you were plannign on buying it today then its 45. bad deal.

Anyways, yeah you are better off buying uncharted 2 and wait for that June release.

Also, Ecuador is off from the World Cup :cry:

Well I was still waiting on this one since I ordered several games on Black Friday - but yeah it makes sense that this is the cheapest it'll be for a while, and I have the $40-credit-for-$80-purchase to use, so this is perfect. Thanks OP!

[quote name='agentghost']CAD ppl.. should listen to this guy. thx for saving me $40. lol I just got batman AA for $20 from amazon and almost jump on this but I guess it would not be played much[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then there are those of us who never pick up used games, especially from Gamestop. Batman AA for $20 is an amazing deal, by the way, congrats!

[quote name='Feral Lynx']Yeah, but then there are those of us who never pick up used games, especially from Gamestop. Batman AA for $20 is an amazing deal, by the way, congrats![/QUOTE]
The Reason he got it for 20 is because of his Discover Card...makes me mad. i got no 10 dollar discount :wall:

fuck you Visa.

bread's done
Back