Midway Arcade Treasures=good?

This is a great compilation. I've got it for the ps2 and I didn't notice any slow down.

As I posted before, if you go to best buy and use the gamers gift card it comes out to $15.89 including tax.........that's .66 cents per game.

Damn...tempting. I have Super Smash TV for SNES and I still play the heck out of it. This would be a great opportunity to play the arcade version with true dual sticks though. Too bad they didn't throw Total Carnage on there. Aw well.

Does anyone know if there is any kind of online fucntions for this game, not meaning playing the games online, but at least an online scoreboard to see who has the best scores in each game?

the xbox version has xbox live scoreboards supposedly

I ended up with the PS/2 version because the reviews scared me off the xbox with some controller issues concerning the single player rampage and gauntlet

the control is good, but the slowdown is definitely there in the animations of the bosses -- barely noticeable if you don't know what you're looking for though as the gameplay appears unaffected . The slowdown shows up during the explosions between boss forms and also during the boss defeats.

keep in mind that I never played the original in the arcade though, so it's possible these slight slowdowns existed in the original-- although the professional reviews seem to indicate otherwise

I would say more than barely noticible slowdown in SmashTV boss battles. Everything else seems to play just fine. Not much meat in between the buns, though. Kinda short on history, trivia, interviews (which look like a step up from a sega CD FMV game). Even pictures of cabinet art are near non-existant. The controls are somewhat customizable and most games can be played with a PS arcade stick, as well as Dip switch options (lives, difficulty) can be changed just like in MAME. I think someone else already said it looks thrown together hurriedly, which I agree with totally.

Dual stick action on Robotron and SmashTV are worth the $14 I paid for it at Target on Friday

if you're into old school gaming pick it up. i thought this was suppose to be out on the xbox on 12/2 but sunday i went to gamestop and was looking to pick up enter the matrix used and i came across this game. the controls on some games are kinda wack but it takes awhile to get use to.

I noticed no slowdown in the Xbox version of Smash TV, even on any of the bosses. Don't know about PS2, but the controls can be customized for each of the games in the Xbox version: highlight the game, press B for options, select game controller and press left or right to change the control scheme.

I wanted to know also but I got the Ps2 version since the control issue was much more prevalnet than the slow down for smash tv.

yep, picked up Activision anthology the Tuesday before Thanksgiving for $10 at target:)

I remember being a little girl and begging from the Sears Christmas catalog for the old school systems-- a yearly occurrence. Never got why my dad didn't get them since he was so into the arcade machines that we actually owned the fewof the larger minisystems and even have a full-size pinball machine{currently being used as a lamp stand due to needing new rubbers :whistle2:(

I eventually ended up buying my own, but I wasn't able to get any money up until the 8-bit Nintendo days -- long after the videogame crash that kill the older school systems :whistle2:(

still haven't played even close to everything on Activision anthology yet, but my current favorites are

Ice hockey

Spider fighter

Fishing derby

Dig the PS2 version, I'm probably going to get the XBox version for myself.

Smash TV in the arcade did have minor slowdown on boss battles when things really started to get out of control, although I haven't got to play it that far on the PS2 one so I'm not sure if it's worse there or not.

bread's done
Back