L4D2 (360) $35, (PC)$30, Dragon Age, Madden, FIFA, NHL, NFS:Shift & more $35 @ Amazon

MirageStrike

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Amazon has pm'd Best Buy's deal.

EDIT: Few games went back up.

:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $34.99 $39.99
:pc: Left 4 Dead 2 $29.99

:360: Dragon Age: Origins $34.99 $39.99
:ps3: Dragon Age: Origins
$34.99 $39.99

:360: Madden NFL 10 $34.99 $47.95
:ps3: Madden NFL 10
$34.99 $47.95

:360: Fifa Soccer 10 $34.99 $47.95
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 10
$34.99 $47.95

:360: Need Speed:Shift
$34.99 $39.99
:ps3: Need Speed:Shift
$34.99 $39.99

:360: NHL 10
$34.99 $47.95
:ps3: NHL 10
$34.99 $47.95

:360: Brutal Legend
$34.99 $39.99
:ps3: Brutal Legend
$34.99 $39.99

:360: NBA Live 10
$34.99 $47.95
:ps3: NBA Live 10 $34.99 $47.95

:360: Tekken 6 $32.98

Last edited by a moderator:
i know, wtf? i just called, too, and they wouldn't give me my $5 back from when i bought it yesterday for $39.99.

Too bad that the Discover card promo of $10 off a $50 purchase isn't working anymore or else I might have bought one.

Nice find, OP!

[quote name='slickkill77']That's odd. Then what was the point of having this as a black friday deal?[/QUOTE]

I assume they're gonna do this with the games that didn't sell out at the BF deal prices.... they had allocated a certain amount for that price... and want to sell through them.

unfortunately for me... the few things I would want that I didn't get all sold out so doubt they'll see the price back..

[quote name='lokutus1']and nhl 10 and nfs: shift[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hobbs1975']FIFA 10 34.99 as well.

Seems like they dropped all the games that were 34.99 lightning deals the last couple days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Added to the list.

Matching Best Buy - too funny. I sent them an email asking if they were gonna match Best Buy on NHL 10 - look like they did.

They're matching BB I guess, but it's real dick that people who picked these up yesterday (or earlier today) when Amazon had them for more will get shafted.

Shoot an email and emphasize that the package hasn't shipped/gotten to you yet. They may refund the diff then...

when do you guys think these games will see these prices again?? I'm thinking about getting DA:O, but don't really have time to play right now so the decision of getting it now or just waiting it out.. what do you guys think?

[quote name='prateeko']They're matching BB I guess, but it's real dick that people who picked these up yesterday (or earlier today) when Amazon had them for more will get shafted.

Shoot an email and emphasize that the package hasn't shipped/gotten to you yet. They may refund the diff then...[/QUOTE]
Or you could refuse the package, and rebuy at the current price.

I'm wondering what the chances are of seeing FIFA 10 and NFS Shift at these prices or lower again within the next month or two... I don't really have the time for them now but the prices are good.

Very cool that they are extending these deals. Already grabbed DA and L4D2 but I'm tempted to get Brutal Legend since I only rented it and blazed through it quickly.

Funny pricing considering I just got back from one of my local best buy's and Dragon Age was back up to $60.

Great deal for anyone who missed out on these prices earlier, I guess.

How is DA:O for the 360 I havent bought anything yet today and I am trigger happy from buying so much stuff yesterday, I feel like I need to buy at least one thing today.

p.s.
I have a huge backlog of games if that would matter at all towards the time I would need to put into DA:O.

[quote name='ajh2298']How is DA:O for the 360 I havent bought anything yet today and I am trigger happy from buying so much stuff yesterday, I feel like I need to buy at least one thing today.

p.s.
I have a huge backlog of games if that would matter at all towards the time I would need to put into DA:O.[/QUOTE]
I have a big backlog and the only thing that was keeping from playing DA:O was AC2. It's a great game. I bought the CE, and am happy with the purchase. I think $35 is a steal.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']Eff amazon for making me stay up here on the east coast to get these deals earlier.[/QUOTE]
They didn't make you stay up. there is such a thing as an alarm clock.

[quote name='menewbe']when do you guys think these games will see these prices again?? I'm thinking about getting DA:O, but don't really have time to play right now so the decision of getting it now or just waiting it out.. what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

day after christmas

maybe all of you whiners will stfu now and quit whining. probably not.

Wish Amazon had matched this price before I ordered it from Best Buy this afternoon. Could have saved me the tax and shipping (sending the game to a friend). But I still haven't gotten an e-mail from Best Buy telling me to come pick up the game, so who knows, maybe the game is out of stock and I'll have to order it from Amazon anyhow.

Still very impressed with Amazon's price matching these last few days, though it makes me wonder if they'll be doing anything for Cyber Monday or not.

[quote name='prateeko']They're matching BB I guess, but it's real dick that people who picked these up yesterday (or earlier today) when Amazon had them for more will get shafted.

Shoot an email and emphasize that the package hasn't shipped/gotten to you yet. They may refund the diff then...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and they're a bunch of dicks for selling them at regular retail earlier in the week, too! :roll::roll:

I know this is Cheapassgamer and all, but if $39.99 was the price point in which you thought it was a good deal, the fact that it's $5 cheaper now shouldn't change that, or else you shouldn't have bought it at that price. It doesn't change the fact that you still got a good deal on it. Are you going to complain when someone has it on sale for $30 before the holiday season is over, too?

I'm happy. I didn't stay up all night to get Dragon Age for $35 earlier, but now my laziness (or good sense, depending on how you look at it) is rewarded with the same deal.

Sent Amazon CS an e-mail, I bought L4D2 for a friend (having it shipped to his house) not even 48 hours ago (it just shipped yesterday), so I figured I'd ask and see if I could get the $5.00 refunded. Amazon has yet to let me down yet, except for the whole $100 GC fiasco.. which they did end up fixing in the end anyway.

I might be in for a copy of Dragon Age as well; also just bought that for a friend, but have heard good things.

I still have Mass Effect to play, but I think I like DA setting better. Not sure if I should bite now or just wait until I finish Mass Effect to pick this up at probably this price or even lower....

[quote name='OGHowie']Damn whiners. Amazon doesn't make you drive or wait in line and doesn't even charge some people tax.[/QUOTE]

Some people gotta put the "ass" in "cheap ass" I suppose. Really, these are brand new games, some barely a month old if that, and we're already seeing ridiculous discounts knocking them down almost to half price. Five dollars won't kill anyone, and getting in a tiff because of possible holiday pricing regulations is just a waste of time.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']Yeah, and they're a bunch of dicks for selling them at regular retail earlier in the week, too! :roll::roll:

I know this is Cheapassgamer and all, but if $39.99 was the price point in which you thought it was a good deal, the fact that it's $5 cheaper now shouldn't change that, or else you shouldn't have bought it at that price. It doesn't change the fact that you still got a good deal on it. Are you going to complain when someone has it on sale for $30 before the holiday season is over, too?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to honor their lowered price that should have gone up Thurs/Fri in the first place. If it was bought in a b&m store we could just return it, and get the lower price, so I don't know why Amazon should get a pass. It just comes down to customer service. And it sets a bad precedent if they don't credit the difference since it just makes customers less willing to jump in on their deals next time.

:lol:

I'm SOOO tempted. It's like Amazon is just sitting back, knowing I'm watching and just laughing. "Yeah, we'll get his coin. I don't care he's got a nice backlog and is having fun, 35 is just too much for him to pass up."

Cheers to everyone enjoying all these sales and savings!

[quote name='polly']I don't think it's unreasonable to ask them to honor their lowered price that should have gone up Thurs/Fri in the first place. If it was bought in a b&m store we could just return it, and get the lower price, so I don't know why Amazon should get a pass. It just comes down to customer service. And it sets a bad precedent if they don't credit the difference since it just makes customers less willing to jump in on their deals next time.[/QUOTE]
Where is the rule that the lowered price should've gone up earlier? Seriously, please post this rule.

Amazon doesn't have to do shit.

And you can return it to amazon. Just refuse shipment, or return it after you open it. You'd get a refund either way.

Exactly, Amazon prices will fluctuate. That's the way it goes in retail business.

Not to say you shouldn't try and see if they will work with you and give you the price difference. Just note that sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. It works for some and not others.

Besides...if it's only $5 or less...I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it was like $10 or more...then yeah, be diligent until you get your difference back.

But to me, Amazon is without a doubt the best retailer out there with the best deals, savings, and the best CS in existence. If it's within reason, they will always take care of you.

I think it's a matter of seeing a compeditor (spelling is off, I'm not a educator until Monday morning, sue me. :)) making a certain deal and if I remember right, they aren't for sale online, only in the store. So Amazon is now going to make that same off and it is ready online. I dont' think they were trying to scam you or did this all on purpose to get you for your five dollars.

It's not like the pre-order deal where if you buy xyz game and it comes lower, you get the lower price. From what I see, Amazon is simply offering a deal and attempting to get some BB customers or would be costomers. Had my 10 dollar reward zone bucks came in, I'd cop NFS: Shift. I'm still tempted, with Prime and all.

Must use the Force and NOT click that button.... :lol:

[quote name='OGHowie']Damn whiners. Amazon doesn't make you drive or wait in line and doesn't even charge some people tax.[/QUOTE]

true, but people will still complain if prices was lower than it is.

Went and ordered Dragon Age. Not sure if I'll play it, I might give it to my friend (he mentioned wanting it when he was over yesterday). I don't know if I'd like it or not, so I'll have to decide. Figured it was worth ordering though for this price.

Also ordered Corpse Bride on Blu-Ray for $7.99, haven't seen it yet, but heard it was really good (passed on I Am Legend on Blu-Ray, since I literally just bought the DVD for $2 when it was a lightning deal, otherwise would have snagged that as well).

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Come on Tekken 6! $30 or lower and I'll snatch that kitty up![/QUOTE]

Just did a little search out of curiosity and the 360 version is currently priced at $33. :bouncy:

[quote name='MirageStrike']Just did a little search out of curiosity and the 360 version is currently priced at $33. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...that's the price they've had it during BF week. They put it back (PS3) to $49.99 and still is.

I wonder if they will bring it back to $33. If they do bring it back at $33 I'll just bite as I suspect it won't go any lower than that.

Come on Amazon, bring the PS3 version back down to $33 and you have my money! :)

I just bought L4D2 about 4-5 hours ago. Luckily, I was able to cancel it and have now re-ordered it $5 cheaper. :cool:

bread's done
Back