Turning a new 360 Arcade into a new 360 Elite

davjaffe

CAGiversary!
Hey CAGs;

I managed to get my hands-on one of the Wal-Mart special Arcade units (w/ the $100 WM gift card), but I'd really rather get hold of an Elite.

Do any of you have any ideas about how I can trade-up to an Elite while only spending roughly another $100? If I eBay the Arcade unit, I'm looking at maybe $170 after all the fees come out, which is short of what I'm aiming at. Craigslist would probably be about the same, and I run the risk of encountering some pretty shady characters here in NYC. Also, I hate giving my money to Gamestop, but do they have any kind of good trade-in deals?

Thoughts?

you are better off just buying a 120 gig hard drive, headset and hdmi cable.

I got my hard drive for ~$70 off ebay.
HDMI cable is 4-6 dollars on monoprice.
Headset is 10-15 bucks.

Which will cost you around $90 and you don't have to sell / rebuy.

If it is a 512 mb unit with a Jasper, why not just do as Mang says, and buy a hard drive?

Yes. The Arcade is beige/white and not black. Is it worth the trouble of 'upgrading?'

I'll sell you my band new OEM 120gb HDD, it's an elite HDD that I got when I returned my old system, Hasn't been used as I'm using my orginal 120 HDD

[quote name='mang9432']you are better off just buying a 120 gig hard drive, headset and hdmi cable.

I got my hard drive for ~$70 off ebay.
HDMI cable is 4-6 dollars on monoprice.
Headset is 10-15 bucks.

Which will cost you around $90 and you don't have to sell / rebuy.[/QUOTE]

That does sound like a pretty good plan of attack . . . but if, for whatever reason, I was set on the Elite, do you have any other ideas?

Also, other than the hard drive and the black shell, are there any other major differences between the Elite and the new-model Arcade units?

I also find myself wondering if the Elite might see another price drop when the 250 GB "Super Elite" units start hitting the market.

[quote name='davjaffe']
also, other than the hard drive and the black shell, are there any other major differences between the elite and the new-model arcade units?[/quote]

Hardware wise? No. The controller that comes with the Elite will also be black.

Software wise? There are Elite packages that come with Lego Batman and Pure.

Use the $100gc and buy a hdd. Done.

If you really want to go through all the hassle of trading in/selling/whatnot for a black system, knock yourself out...if you think its worth it.

bread's done
Back