Demon's Souls: $41 shipped, plus cashback

A seller on ebay since TWO DAYS ago with ZERO feedback is selling copies of Demon's Souls for less than anyone else, and then your first post is this deal?

Color me suspicious..

(no offense...)

Buying on eBay without looking at the feedback rating is an extremely bad idea.
Not saying you will get screwed, but in general that's like the online purchasing equivalent of walking across the highway without looking to see if any cars are coming first...

[quote name='porieux']Buying on eBay without looking at the feedback rating is an extremely bad idea.
Not saying you will get screwed, but in general that's like the online purchasing equivalent of walking across the highway without looking to see if any cars are coming first...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. Two buyers in a row tried to scam me when I listed my PSP a few years ago. One sent me a fake Paypal email stating I'd received the funds and everything. It turns out the buyer was in inmate, judging by the fact that the address had a cell block number in it!

I think I was a bit too excited about the price, as I'd been looking for Black Friday deals for this game but never found any. At the same time, eBay keeps advertising 100% buyer protection if you pay with PayPal, so should I still be worried? Anyone have any experience with it?

[quote name='vegenigma']Yeah I agree. Two buyers in a row tried to scam me when I listed my PSP a few years ago. One sent me a fake Paypal email stating I'd received the funds and everything. It turns out the buyer was in inmate, judging by the fact that the address had a cell block number in it![/QUOTE]

eBay is extremely buyer oriented. It really disgusts me how sellers can ONLY leave positive feedback for buyers now. As a semi-frequenty eBay seller, I've met a good number of buyers and I can't do anything to prevent them from shafting other sellers. It totally sucks.

[quote name='vegenigma']
I think I was a bit too excited about the price, as I'd been looking for Black Friday deals for this game but never found any. At the same time, eBay keeps advertising 100% buyer protection if you pay with PayPal, so should I still be worried? Anyone have any experience with it?[/QUOTE]

With A new seller such as this guy paypal holds the money(I believe its 30 days) for a while so he cant access it right way.

Besides Ebay/Paypal have become very buyer friendly since they hired their newest ceo. That is unless you buy a counterfeit from China and it'l cost more to ship it back than the price of the item and there's no tracking/DC to confirm you've shipped it back ( Which happened to me). So lesson of the day, DONT BUY FROM CHINA.

But yeah this seems suspicious. I wouldn't want to deal with this guy, if for anything just to avoid the hassle of getting my money back if something went wrong.

Don't do it, I just got burned by almost EXACTLY the same thing a month back.
The seller had quite a few new games around the $40 "buy it now" price mark, but very little feedback.
Ok, I thought, I'll wait til other people send in responses.
Sure enough, positive responses trickled in, until he had about 5 or so.
At that point I stupidly thought it'd be safe to buy, since others were having good experiences.
The seller had about 20 or so items, and about 30 or so of each item.

A few days after I, and a about hundred or so others, placed my order for his products, he closed up shop. Took down all his listings, and was "no longer a registered user" at ebay.
I started communicating with the few buyers who had left positive feedback. They had all received their games. So, I think this guy's tactic was to send a few games out to the first few buyers, hope that he received good feedback, and then reap the benefits of those few positive reviews.
Meanwhile, once he'd gotten enough suckers, like me, he upped and ran off.

Thankfully, paypal reimbursed, but this looks shady as all hell.

should be fine as long as you paypal it. you are safe if anything bad happens. sure, it is a waste of time, but the turn around time for getting your money back is generally fast.

My apologies if anyone else here ordered the game from the bad seller! I've filed my PayPal dispute :/ If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Wow I had been watching this listing, and was actually going to buy a copy this morning when I had found that the listing was removed :cold:.

I was wondering why the quantity available dropped so quickly from 17 last night to 1 this morning!

Just an FYI, for those people here, CAG does have a really nice Sell/Trade forum, I just scored this very game from a really nice CAG for $38 shipped, and it's on its way today, btw.

Look around there's more to this site then the deals section. ;)

bread's done
Back