Direct2Drive 24 Days of Christmas Sale - All previous daily deals active

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)

Current Deal: All previous daily/bonus deals active.

Expired Deals:
(12-24-2009) Spore = $19.95
(12-23-2009) Torchlight = $9.95
(12-22-2009) Champions Online = $14.95
(12-21-2009) Machinarium = $9.95
(12-20-2009) Dawn of War II = $19.95
(12-19-2009) Civ IV Complete = $15.95 (Batman AA = $24.95)
(12-18-2009) Trine = $9.95
(12-17-2009) Resident Evil 5 = $24.95
(12-16-2009) Section 8 = $12.50
(12-15-2009) NFS ProStreet = $4.95
(12-14-2009) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 = $9.95
(12-13-2009) Company of Heroes: ToV = $7.50
(12-12-2009) The Sims 3 = $39.95
(12-11-2009) Dragon Age: Origins = $39.95
(12-10-2009) BF 2 Complete = $14.95
(12-09-2009) Street Fighter IV = $19.95
(12-08-2009) Mercenaries 2 = $4.95
(12-07-2009) LOTR: Conquest = $9.95
(12-06-2009) Majesty 2 = $7.50
(12-05-2009) Prototype = $19.95
(12-04-2009) Red Alert 3 Bundle = $19.95
(12-03-2009) Need for Speed SHIFT = $24.95
(12-02-2009) The Witcher = $19.95
(12-01-2009) Mirror's Edge = $4.95

Ornament List (For Name That Game Giveaway):
Mirror's Edge:
d2dornament1.jpg

The Witcher:
d2dornament2.jpg

Need for Speed SHIFT:
d2dornament3.jpg

Red Alert 3/Red Alert 3 Uprising:
d2dornament4.jpg

Prototype:
d2dornament25.jpg

Majesty 2:
d2dornament6.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest:
d2dornament7.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames:
d2dornament8.jpg

Street Fighter IV:
d2dornament9.jpg

Battlefield 2/The Complete Battlefield Collection:
d2dornament10.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins:
d2dornament11.jpg

The Sims 3:
d2dornament12.jpg

Risen:
d2dornament13.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08:
d2dornament14.jpg

Need for Speed: ProStreet
d2dornament15.jpg

ArmA II:
d2dornament16.jpg

Resident Evil 5:
d2dornament17.jpg

Rise of Flight:
d2dornament18.jpg

Section 8:
d2dornament19.jpg

Civilization IV:
d2dornament20.jpg

Torchlight:
d2dornament21.jpg

Machinarium:
d2dornament22.jpg

Champions Online:
d2dornament23.jpg

Spore:
d2dornament24.jpg

List of possible upcoming deals (with banner ad pics):

Special thanks to Kurina and bitter1961 for digging up all these images from D2D.

Last edited by a moderator:
true about it just being on steam, but if all 24 days are 75% off from decent titles, it will be a good sale

also, their name that game giveaway contest is odd, considering they put the name of the game in the picture.

If you right click on top of the ornament image and select view background image, you get this:

http://www.direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/holiday/ornaments.jpg

Looks like that will be the sequence of upcoming games, starting from the bottom right and moving left. I am not sure of course, but it seems plausible since the bottom right is Mirror's Edge, and the one next to it is today's contest. Of course, that is more than 24 ornaments so who knows, but I would imagine the selections will be from that list.

[quote name='Kurina']If you right click on top of the ornament image and select view background image, you get this:

Looks like that will be the sequence of upcoming games, starting from the bottom right and moving left. I am not sure of course, but it seems plausible since the bottom right is Mirror's Edge, and the one next to it is today's contest.[/QUOTE]

NIIICE! I see RE5!!! And is that RYU from SF?

[quote name='Shimrra']How is Direct2Drive? I never used it before. Is there a GUI like Steam I have to go thru to play the game?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much just a direct download then you do the installing. No GUI to mention. Usually an online activation thing before you get to play the game but that's to be expected.

[quote name='hordak']NIIICE! I see RE5!!! And is that RYU from SF?[/QUOTE]

Small update, the reason there are more than 24 ornaments is I believe some of these deals mix with direct2drive.co.uk ones. If you visit the site there, their deals are entirely different with Trine being today's deal, and SF4 for tomorrow.

Hope the US gets SF4, still have yet to grab that one!

D2D UK Sale:
http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/holiday/

[quote name='Kurina']If you right click on top of the ornament image and select view background image, you get this:

Looks like that will be the sequence of upcoming games, starting from the bottom right and moving left. I am not sure of course, but it seems plausible since the bottom right is Mirror's Edge, and the one next to it is today's contest. Of course, that is more than 24 ornaments so who knows, but I would imagine the selections will be from that list.[/QUOTE]

Nice find. It looks like there are possible deals on The Witcher, Red Alert 3, Wolfenstein, Mercenaries 2, Street Fighter 4, Dragon Age: Origins, Risen, Resident Evil 5, Section 8, Torchlight, Machinarium, and some others I'm not sure about.

Cool hope this makes steam start putting some more games on sale.. would prefer steam.

btw very nice find on the ornaments! OP if you want to keep this thread going, should update and edit each day, looks to be the upcoming games for sale.

[quote name='Kurina']Small update, the reason there are more than 24 ornaments is I believe some of these deals mix with direct2drive.co.uk ones. If you visit the site there, their deals are entirely different with Trine being today's deal, and SF4 for tomorrow.

Hope the US gets SF4, still have yet to grab that one!

D2D UK Sale:
http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/holiday/[/QUOTE]

actually in the previous link there are exactly 24 ornaments.

[quote name='Kurina'] Of course, that is more than 24 ornaments so who knows, but I would imagine the selections will be from that list.[/QUOTE]

Only counting 24.

Yeah my bad, was in a hurry earlier with cooking lunch while checking deals, miscounted. Talk about feeling silly now. :oops:

Would D2D of Mirror's Edge work with the DLC off of EA's site? I know people have said that it doesn't work on steam, so this would be a good deal for those who skipped yesterday because of the DLC if it works with this one.

Does the Direct2Drive version come with SecuROM? I believe the disc version had SecuROM and I believe they removed it for the Steam version, but I'm thinking the D2D version has SecuROM with it.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Cool hope this makes steam start putting some more games on sale.. would prefer steam.[/QUOTE]
It wa $5 on Steam yesterday.

If Dragon Age is part of this sale, I'm really hoping it's at least $25. $37 from Steam and Amazon is still a bit much for me.

Bottom right to left

Mirror's Edge, Witcher, NFS:SHIFT?, C&C Red Alert 2, Wolfenstein, Majesty 2 Next line up

next line up

LOTR: Conquest, Mercs 2, SFIV, ???????, Dragon Age:Origins?, The Sims 3?

next line up

Risen, PGA Tiger Woods, NFS Prostreet?, ????Arma 2???, Resident Evil 5, ?????

Next line up

Sector 8, Civ 4?, Torchlight, Machinarium, Champions Online, Spore?

[quote name='Kaltic']Bottom right to left

Mirror's Edge, Witcher, NFS:SHIFT?, C&C Red Alert 2, Wolfenstein, Majesty 2[/QUOTE]

Next row: Elven Legacy(?), Mercs 2, SF4, Modern Warfare 1(?), no idea, The Sims 3(?)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Next row: Elven Legacy(?), Mercs 2, SF4, Modern Warfare 1(?), no idea, The Sims 3(?)[/QUOTE]

to stop any confusion on why i deleted that post and edited into my 2nd one... i decided to combine my guesses into one post. And i went bottom up because it seems like thats what they are doing in the sale. You can guess the next games name and it is the witcher...

[quote name='Kaltic']Bottom right to left

Mirror's Edge, Witcher, NFS:SHIFT?, C&C Red Alert 2, Wolfenstein, Majesty 2 Next line up

next line up

LOTR: Conquest, Mercs 2, SFIV, ???????, Dragon Age:Origins?, The Sims 3?

next line up

Risen, PGA Tiger Woods, NFS Prostreet, Arma 2, Resident Evil 5, Rise of Flight

Next line up

Sector 8, Civ 4, Torchlight, Machinarium, Champions Online, Spore?[/QUOTE]

Bolded additions/validations

Bottom right to left

Mirror's Edge, Witcher, NFS:SHIFT, C&C Red Alert 3: Uprising, Wolfenstein, Majesty 2

next line up

LOTR: Conquest, Mercs 2, SFIV, ???????, Dragon Age:Origins?, The Sims 3: World Adventures

next line up

Risen, Tiger Woods 08, NFS Prostreet, Arma 2, Resident Evil 5, Rise of Flight

Next line up

Sector 8, Civ 4, Torchlight, Machinarium, Champions Online, Spore

Bolded additions/validations AGAIN

Two things:
1. The ornament is part of a larger image, which shows 24 ornaments, including Mirror's Edge (today's sale) in the first position and today's "mystery" ornament in the second position.
ornaments.jpg
1. They've uploaded 24 banners, and only 24 banners, to their holiday images subdirectory. Each of these banner images matches one of the ornaments. However, with the exception of Mirror's Edge, none has an "X% Off!" sticker (yet?). So the following is either only a list of all ornaments, or a list of all deals:
(ordering assumes the ornament image goes right-to-left, bottom-to-top)
Banners are from the holiday subdir on d2d.

7507.jpg

Mirror's Edge

6763.jpg

The Witcher

8344.jpg

NFS: Shift

7526.jpg

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Bundle

8386.jpg

Wolfenstein

8452.jpg

Majesty 2

6490.jpg

The Lord of the Rings Conquest

6494.jpg

Mercenaries 2

8027.jpg

Street Fighter IV

8556.jpg

Battlefield 2? -- NOTE: Ornament image is not pulled from box art, but I'm assuming it's BF2 since this banner is there.

8678.jpg

Dragon Age? -- NOTE: Ornament image is not pulled from box art, but I'm assuming it's BF2 since this banner is there.

7491.jpg

The Sims 3

8561.jpg

Risen

6251.jpg

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08

6496.jpg

NFS ProStreet

8152.jpg

ArmA II

8455.jpg

Resident Evil 5

8340.jpg

Rise of Flight

8147.jpg

Section 8

309.jpg

Civ IV (just the main game, not one of the bundles)

8663.jpg

Torchlight

8562.jpg

Machinarium

8333.jpg

Champions Online

6181.jpg

Spore

Also 4 Elements, 7 Sins, and 911 First Responders are listed in the sales page's HTML as "previous" games for Dec 1-3, but I assume they're just placeholders, probably chosen by a web designer because they're the first 3 games on D2D when listed alphabetically. They're part of a hidden list that will probably be turned on once they actually have real games to fill the spots.

I sure hope they're the upcoming deals, not only unrelated ornaments. I want to buy several of them. I know a lot of other people are wanting Torchlight too. Well, I suppose we'll know tomorrow, when we see if one of the above goes on sale :lol:.

So the following is either only a list of all ornaments, or a list of all deals:(ordering assumes the ornament image goes right-to-left, bottom-to-top)
Mirror's Edge
The Witcher
NFS: Shift
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Bundle
Wolfenstein
Majesty 2
The Lord of the Rings Conquest
Mercenaries 2
Street Fighter IV
Battlefield 2
Dragon Age
The Sims 3
Risen
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
NFS ProStreet
ArmA II
Resident Evil 5
Rise of Flight
Section 8
Civ IV (just the main game, not one of the bundles)
Torchlight
Machinarium
Champions Online
Spore

Also 4 Elements, 7 Sins, and 911 First Responders are listed in the sales page's HTML as "previous" games for Dec 1-3, but I assume they're just placeholders, probably chosen by a web designer because they're the first 3 games on D2D when listed alphabetically. They're part of a hidden list that will probably be turned on once they actually have real games to fill the spots.I sure hope they're the upcoming deals, not only unrelated ornaments. I want to buy several of them. I know a lot of other people are wanting Torchlight too. Well, I suppose we'll know tomorrow, when we see if one of the above goes on sale .

Oh, also direct2drive.co.uk is having an analogous sale, and were selling Trine (for £8, and available worldwide). I guess it just hit midnight over there, and they've switched over to SF4, the game they were showing an ornament for before the switch over. I'll let someone else trawl through their images directory and see what's coming up in the UK -- their ornament image is exactly the same as the US's but Trine suggests maybe their set of games will be different.

Im stuck on that army picture and what seems to be dragon age: origins. Both are not cover art to any game i can think of or even in the screenshots of games i can think of.

For those that already have %off seals, the prices would be:

Mirror's Edge - $5 (of course)
The Witcher - $20
NFS: Shift - $25
Majesty 2 - $10
SF IV - $20
BF2 Complete - $15
Sims 3 - $40
Torchlight - $10
Machinarium - $10

Since bitter linked directly to the banner files, we'll just wait and see if they add pricing info to any more.

Be aware the Mirror's Edge download from d2d comes with SecuROM...

Some people would probably pay 5 bucks just to keep that garbage OFF their machine.

I would have grabbed Machinarium if it was $5. I'm on the fence with a $10 price tag. (Though, I should note to myself that I'd be supporting an Indie Developer.)

EDIT: As an added note, for all my fellow penny pincher's, D2D adds tax. For me, it's an extra 30 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
if machinarium does go for $10, I strongly recommend it. the story and characters are very good and the puzzles are almost always logical.

The only thing holding me back from Machinarium is that Steam will probably offer the game sometime in the next few months for a similar price. I'd rather grab it then, for the obvious reasons.

bread's done
Back