[Canada] Best Buy: Buy 2 get 1 free (Dec. 4-10)

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Unconfirmed (I wonder where you can get NEXT week's flyer on Tuesday) from RFD:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/best-buy-video-games-buy-2-get-1-free-dec-4-dec-10-a-821365/

No rainchecks, new games only, 1 per customer (poor balonis)

PM with EB's flyer this Friday for madness.

L4D2 $43.49 after PM
Dragon Age $43.49 after PM
NHL 10 FREE
Total: $87 for 3 games, works out to $29 EACH. Pretty much equivalent to PM'ing TRU's promo this week.

I'm PM'ing L4D2 PC for sure. Now I just need 2 other games...

Maybe he's found a spare flux capacitor lying around? Either way, definitely tempting to get in on this, even though I've bought a boatload of games the past couple weeks. I just hope FS does the same thing, they're a lot closer than BB!

This is really tempting to me. Left 4 Dead II, Brutal Legend and DragonAge: Origins. We will have to see if I can avoid temptation. I've spent too much this past week with Boxing Day less then a month away :(.

Well, if this is true then I'm going to have to take advantage of it. Problem is, what game other than Demon's Souls do I want? Maybe Prototype and Madden NFL '10?

I wonder if they'll price match... I bought 2 games last weekend and they matched the NO tax at RCSS, and then went back this past weekend to get them to match the price drop with LFD2...
Hmm...

While tempting, I don't have the money for this. Even if I did there is only really one game that is coming soon, that being Spirit Tracks.

[quote name='broccoli']You won't be able to PM a lower price, and still get the 1 game free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm thinking you're right, that's a pretty large YMMV. I'll sure as hell try, though! My local FS had no problem matching the TrU promo with Dragon Age and L4D2

Wow, people on RFD don't seem to know how buy 2 get 1s generally work do they?

The cheapest game of your three is free. Not buy a 69.99, a 39.99, and then get a 69.99 free. Oi vey.

Oh wells, it would have been very tempting, but I've got to skip this deal this year. Nothing I really want...

Brutal Legend is something that might interest me, but its $40 now...

Normally this would be super hot, but with all the other deals/trade promos it's just meh.. I don't think I will pick anything up at all, unless I can come up with some $30-$40 titles.

[quote name='djsaiyan']Wow, people on RFD don't seem to know how buy 2 get 1s generally work do they?

The cheapest game of your three is free. Not buy a 69.99, a 39.99, and then get a 69.99 free. Oi vey.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they aren't the brightest lights but when you're 14, you're still learning.

I think I'm going to have to pass. I really don't want another game other than Demon's Souls. But hey, if they would be willing to have another B2G1F sale in March, I'd be BBC's biggest fan.

Of course, if The Saboteur gets good reviews, I might reconsider.

I wonder if they will allow B2G1F for putting a ISPU for the games currently priced at 39.99 and picking them up on Friday when the promo is in effect.

[quote name='shadow_nine']I wonder if they will allow B2G1F for putting a ISPU for the games currently priced at 39.99 and picking them up on Friday when the promo is in effect.[/QUOTE]

If you ISPU an item BEFORE it goes on sale, the invoice will show the higher price, but it will scan at the sale price. You get it for the sale price.

However, if you ISPU a sale item and pick it up AFTER the sale, the invoice will show a lower price than scanned. Do you still get it for the sale price?

Im sure you could do a pickup and get the deal. i mean, have the games waiting to get the b2g1, not try and combine 2 separate week sales.

lol, some of the ones on rfd I've assumed were 14 have later mentioned being married, having kids, being in their 20s, etc. it seems to be hitting an all time low with dumb posts, on may threads.

Hey Guys,

I was the one who posted that deal on RFD. No Deloran either, just got early flyer delivery! It's freezing in Calgary nowadays, guess the flyer peeps want to stay out of the colder weather later this week! :)

I'll probably try to get DA:O, NFS Shift and LFD2 for instore pickup on Thurs. to get in time for the sale. These sales do really make all the trade-in promos seem less of a great deal though, which can be a good thing!

Although, I can't wait to see all the scams RFD is going to try and run next week, especially with the characters who love to return games every day after hoarding the week before.

ya no other EA games besides L4D2 really appeal to me and I won't pay more than $29 for it tops sometime down the line...

i could pick up demon's souls and something else...but whatever I've bought enough to last me for a while. These sales aren't even that great to me. If you buy 3 full price games you're paying $140 + tax total ($69x2)...it'll be around $50/game which is really mediocre unless you take advantage of PM'ing if you are able to

we better get some real boxing day sales this year...I'm tired of the bull**** canadian "mega" sales all the time

Buzz (the new one), Super Mario Bros (wii), GOW Collection, Ratchet and Clank (new one), L4D2 (pc)

now, which 3 to get...

EDIT: also, do you know if other stores PM B2G1 offers?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pajo']Buzz (the new one), Super Mario Bros (wii), GOW Collection, Ratchet and Clank (new one), L4D2 (pc)

now, which 3 to get...

EDIT: also, do you know if other stores PM B2G1 offers?[/QUOTE]

Technically FS doesn't have to PM since this is "free offer"

[quote name='Pajo']Buzz (the new one), Super Mario Bros (wii), GOW Collection, Ratchet and Clank (new one), L4D2 (pc)

now, which 3 to get...

EDIT: also, do you know if other stores PM B2G1 offers?[/QUOTE]

Make one of them Mario. Nintendo games hold their "value" forever.

Remember how Mario Kart: Double Dash for Gamecube sold nearly 5 million copies yet never made it to "Player's Choice" pricing?

Nintendo isn't looking to cut anyone a break on price. EA titles fall fast. Ratchet will be a Greatest Hits title if you wait. GOW is cheap and will likely remain where it is for a while. Buzz screams bargain bin to me.

my 2 cents...

well I cant really find the original buzz (for ps3 that is) anywhere under $40 (outside of eBay)
or I'm not looking hard enough...

[quote name='Pajo']well I cant really find the original buzz (for ps3 that is) anywhere under $40 (outside of eBay)
or I'm not looking hard enough...[/QUOTE]

I could have swore it was on clearance at the Source, and in the Roger's bin of 50% off. Of course that doesn't really help you today...

hmm.. does futureshop allow returns if the price changes for store credit?

bought dragon age for 69 and 2 days later it dropped to 39, would like to bundle DA with another game for this promotion

it would credit you whatever you paid for it (you have to have the receipt of course)

[quote name='collector42']I could have swore it was on clearance at the Source, and in the Roger's bin of 50% off. Of course that doesn't really help you today...[/QUOTE]

was that with controllers?

[quote name='kinun']hmm.. does futureshop allow returns if the price changes for store credit?

bought dragon age for 69 and 2 days later it dropped to 39, would like to bundle DA with another game for this promotion[/QUOTE]
but sale price ends today it will go back to regular on friday? so why dont you just get the difference back if you bought it on credit card or your cash back? or maybe they do only credit :/

[quote name='kinun']hmm.. does futureshop allow returns if the price changes for store credit?

bought dragon age for 69 and 2 days later it dropped to 39, would like to bundle DA with another game for this promotion[/QUOTE]

As long as you didn't open it, you can return it for the original selling price, no issues.

If you did open it, your only sure thing would be to get a price adjustment (which is easily done, it's their policy).

If you really want to return an opened copy, you'll have to buy another one (bundled with something else) from Best Buy, then return the sealed copy to Futureshop.

I can't think of three games that I want, that I know won't drop in price by the time I get around to actually opening them. Muramasa is the only thing I'm interested in right now...and even then it's $5 more at BB.

There are some great picks for the $39.99 price range! GoW Collection, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition, and inFAMOUS! $26.66 plus tax ain't bad!

If you get 3 pre-orders in one order, do they ship them one at a time or wait for all to come out? If the deal works on pre-orders I'll probably jump on Final Fantasy XIII, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear Solid Rising, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M, and something else. No Bioshock 2 or Lost Planet 2 for PC =/

So I tried ordering L4D2, Dragon Age: Origins and Tekken 6 for instore pickup with the hopes of picking it up tomorrow.
Best Buy gave me L4D2 and Tekken 6, but cancelled Dragon Age so that I won't get to avail of the B2G1F.

Well played, Best Buy.

Argh, i really wanted to get Arkhum Asylum with this but both FS and BB are selling it at 70$...I'm not putting in an extra 10$ for a game that will drop in price relatively soon

[quote name='custo']Argh, i really wanted to get Arkhum Asylum with this but both FS and BB are selling it at 70$...I'm not putting in an extra 10$ for a game that will drop in price relatively soon[/QUOTE]

i am in the same boat lol, why hasnt this game drop to 49.99 yet :(

Batman is $35 used at Rogers if you don't mind a used copy. Also the Collector's edition has dropped to $70 or $80 at Best Buy. Also noticed a lot of the collecting dust at GameStops, maybe they will go for $40 in the next game days sale.

edit: Batman is my personal GOTY. I can say that with confidence now that all the major titles have been released.

Went to Future Shop today, picked up the GoW Collection, Scribblenauts (for the wife) and Left 4 Dead 2. The price for L4D2 was $39.99, so it looks like the price drop is in effect.

As a side note, I was interested in getting Star Wars: The Force Unleashed-Ultimate Sith Edition, but no Future Shop's seem to have any in stock!! Very strange, considering it just came out!

[quote name='TripleQ']Batman is $35 used at Rogers if you don't mind a used copy. Also the Collector's edition has dropped to $70 or $80 at Best Buy. Also noticed a lot of the collecting dust at GameStops, maybe they will go for $40 in the next game days sale.

edit: Batman is my personal GOTY. I can say that with confidence now that all the major titles have been released.[/QUOTE]

Nope, $89.99 & sold out:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10128597&catid=24358

[quote name='game_fanatic']
As a side note, I was interested in getting Star Wars: The Force Unleashed-Ultimate Sith Edition, but no Future Shop's seem to have any in stock!! Very strange, considering it just came out![/QUOTE]

In stock online and in all the local stores I have on my list?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10135241&catid=23360

[quote name='telepathy']Nope, $89.99 & sold out:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10128597&catid=24358[/QUOTE]

My bad..I blame my faulty memory. Although it was a 360 version I saw in store.

Along with about 2 dozen AC1 Collector's editions.. a dozen Madden 09 collectors.. a bunch of Prey and SCIV collector's.. lol

bread's done
Back