Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is Nintendo's Rewards Program for all of its' die-hard Nintendo Fanboys and Fangirls. This thread is dedicated to telling you about what they're offering in terms of upcoming releases from Nintendo, the rewards they're offering as well as the general discussion of these products and rewards.

General News
- 3DS Game Case is Out of Stock again
- New Values for Hardware/Software
- End of the Club Year at the end of the Month
- Pokemon Conquest is now an Intend to Buy
- Mario Pouch now available!
- 4 New Downloadable Games Available, which Expire June 30th
:3ds: - Donkey Kong - 100 Coins
:wii: - Kirby Super Star - 150 Coins
:ds: - Brain Age Express: Sudoku - 150 Coins
:wii: - Maboshi's Arcade - 150 Coins

Special Offers

Current Intend-to-Buy Games
- There is nothing available at this time

Product Registration Bonuses
- There is nothing available at this time

Coin Values
New Game Survey Values (As of 7/1)
- Netflix App Registration: 20 coins
- 3DS Post Play Survey: 20 coins
- Post Play Survey: 10 coins
- Intend-to-Buy Survey: 10 coins (upon a game's registration)
- Quick Survey Bonus: 10 coins (Complete a survey within 4 weeks of its' release)

Note: Virtual Console, Wii Ware and DSi Ware purchases only result in you getting a Post Play Survey within 7 days of that purchase.

3rd Party :3ds: Games with Surveys
Some 3rd Party Games on 3DS have Club Nintendo Surveys inside. Here is a list of those games.
- Crush3D
- Jaws: Ultimate Predator
- Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
- NANO Assault
- Resident Evil: Revelations
- Sonic Generations
- Tales of the Abyss
- Tekken 3D: Prime Edition
- WWE All-Stars

Looking to Trade Club Nintendo codes?
Go here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895

Featured Downloadable Games
:3ds: - Donkey Kong - 100 Coins
:wii: - Kirby Super Star - 150 Coins
:ds: - Brain Age Express: Sudoku - 150 Coins
:wii: - Maboshi's Arcade - 150 Coins

Club Nintendo Rewards
- Redeem your coins for certain knick knacks and other pieces of memorabilia

10 coins

80 coins

250 coins

- - - - -

- - - - -

300 coins

- - - - -

- - - - -

350 coins

400 coins

- - - - -

450 Coins

500 coins

550 Coins

600 coins

800 coins

1200 coins

Games released prior to December 2008
Many games released prior to December 2008 can be registered; however, of those games, only select Wii, Wii Shop Channel games, Wii Channels, and Nintendo DS games will qualify for surveys. See the list of games that can be registered and qualify for surveys below:

Wii Games
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Endless Ocean
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Fit
Wii Music
Wii Play

Wii Shop Channel games and Wii Channels
Alien Crush Returns
Art Style: Cubello
Art Style: Rotohex
Big Kahuna Party
Boingz
Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure
Brain Challenge
Bruiser and Scratch
Digital Champ Battle Boxing
Earthworm Jim
Enduro Racer
Forgotten Worlds
Gradius II Gofer No Yabou
Hockey Allstar Shootout
Home Sweet Home
Mega Man 3
Metal Slug 2
Pit Crew Panic!
Secret of Mana
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier
Space Invaders Get Even
Space Invaders: The Original Game
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3
Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-bit is Enough
Sudoku Challenge!
Target Toss Pro: Bags
Tetris Party
The Incredible Maze
World of Goo
Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam

Nintendo DS Games
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
Clubhouse Games
Crosswords DS
Diddy Kong Racing
Electroplankton
Elite Beat Agents
Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
Master of Illusion
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
New Super Mario Bros.
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends
Nintendogs: Dalmatian and Friends
Nintendogs: Labrador Retriever and Friends
Nintendogs: Miniature Dachshund and Friends
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Planet Puzzle League
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris DS
Yoshi's Island DS
Previous Status Rewards
2011 Platinum: Mario Pin Set
2011 Gold: Club Nintendo Calendar
2010 Platinum: Mario Figurine
2010 Gold: Club Nintendo Calendar
2009 Platinum: Mario Hat or Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!! (Wii Ware download)
2009 Gold: Club Nintendo Calendar

I only ask that if you post pictures of your Club Nintendo Rewards that you please post them in spoiler tags since they may be too large for browser windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
KingBroly, since this question was asked quite a bit in the other thread, can you add expiration dates to the OP?

Expiration dates start from when the game is released.

• Registration & Survey (5 years)
    • Wii - 50 coins
    • DS - 30 coins
  • Intend to Buy - 10 coins (5 years)
  • Early Registration - 10 coins (4 weeks)
  • Post-play Survey - 10 coins (5 years)

Up to 80 coins per Wii and 60 coins per DS game. And of course coins expire 2 years + whatever is left in the current year.

The earliest coins can currently expire is June 31, 2011 so your coins are safe until then.

Good job on the OP so far.

No idea if there's expiration on console registration (DSlite/DSi). Maybe someone who can register a new system can confirm?

Awesome job with the first post!

Also, I suggest that when a prize 'retires,' make a section for that. I would love to have tabs on the prizes once they are even phased out. Much appreciated!

Nice, clean thread.

I still need to get frames for my Zelda posters. And I need to finish up some surveys, to push myself to Platinum for this year.

They need new rewards options. Of the 7 system-specific rewards, 6 of the options are for DS and only 1 is for Wii. They really need some more Wii stuff out there. And why are Wii Points not available as a reward? That would seem to make sense. Earn coins to buy more games.

Hopefully Nintendo updates with some new stuff soon.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']KingBroly, since this question was asked quite a bit in the other thread, can you add expiration dates to the OP?

Good job on the OP so far.

No idea if there's expiration on console registration (DSlite/DSi). Maybe someone who can register a new system can confirm?[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that if I buy Super Mario 64 DS I don't get any coins for it?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Dilemma: want the extra 10 points from NSMB Wii, but it's a Christmas present and I'm not sure if they'll appreciate an open game.[/QUOTE]I've found that the intend to buy lasts longer than 4 weeks from launch date, at least for all the games I've done it with (Wii fit plus, link's crossbow training, fire emblem: shadow dragon)

Up to you though, you could always go to rogers or EB and get them to reseal it :lol:

[quote name='lilboo']We need more rewards! :wall:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I have 810 and a number of surveys that I could do but I'm not sure if I want those Hanafuda Cards or not. I'd hate to buy them and then have there be something cooler offered.

Nice job on the new thread, I like it. One nitpick for accuracy's sake:

The two reward levels aren't Gold and Elite, they are Gold and Platinum. Gold and Platinum are different levels of Elite status.

[quote name='maximumzero']Does this mean that if I buy Super Mario 64 DS I don't get any coins for it?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Coins for New Super Mario Bros. DS registration and post-play surveys should now be expired, at least according to their FAQ. Someone should try and check to make sure this is the case, as I think this is the first title we've had expire.

[quote name='maigoyume']I've found that the intend to buy lasts longer than 4 weeks from launch date, at least for all the games I've done it with (Wii fit plus, link's crossbow training, fire emblem: shadow dragon)

Up to you though, you could always go to rogers or EB and get them to reseal it :lol:[/QUOTE]

Early registration and intent to buy are actually separate. The period for intend to buy is around 4-2 weeks before release, but once you do that the survey should last for I'm assuming 5 years. Early registration is only for the first 4 weeks following the release.

[quote name='ZForce915']Agreed. I have 810 and a number of surveys that I could do but I'm not sure if I want those Hanafuda Cards or not. I'd hate to buy them and then have there be something cooler offered.[/QUOTE]

The Hanafuda cards are a really nice collectible. I plan on framing them eventually.

[quote name='UncleBob']For the record, it was mentioned in the previous thread, the intend to buy for Spirit Tracks came and went...[/QUOTE]

Damn. Oh well.

Nice new thread.

I hope we see some new rewards soon. Maybe part of the reason for the survey was to see what rewards people are interested in.

[quote name='maximumzero']Does this mean that if I buy Super Mario 64 DS I don't get any coins for it?[/QUOTE]

I believe that if you buy a new game with a registration code for SM64DS and try to register it, you will get coins. The expiration date is for members who bought the game & registered it before Club Nintendo began. But it's just a guess.

I'll try to add expiration dates for all old games, but I don't know when they expire at the moment (mainly because I registered them all).

Spirit Tracks MIGHT still have an Intend to Buy Survey up. I don't know since I already did that survey.

[quote name='KingBroly']I believe that if you buy a new game with a registration code for SM64DS and try to register it, you will get coins. The expiration date is for members who bought the game & registered it before Club Nintendo began. But it's just a guess.

I'll try to add expiration dates for all old games, but I don't know when they expire at the moment (mainly because I registered them all).

Spirit Tracks MIGHT still have an Intend to Buy Survey up. I don't know since I already did that survey.[/QUOTE]

Games have a five year expiration. No matter when you regester it, the date that the survey expires is the same. I have tested this on MANY games, and can assure you it is five years.

I think if you try to regester Super Mario 64 DS, it will say expired or something to that effect.

If you could get the expiration date for all games in the OP (in a spoiler) that would be amazing. If you plan on attempting this, I can contribute to this effort.

I am, but I didn't think it was necessary to put a section for expired games when there are no games to put in there.

I'm thinking about putting a 'Expiring Soon' section, but as it stands right now there aren't any games expiring in the next 7 months.

Only the expiration periods are needed (which I posted above). People should really be responsible for registering within 5 years of release, so it shouldn't be your burden to post the expiration date for each game, only the general expiration period.

I went ahead and made the Expired Games section, and removed SM64DS from the Old Games section since it's in the Expired Games section.

Something that I remain confused about is regarding WiiWare/Virtual Console games and Post-play surveys. They have a list of games released before December 2008 that are eligible for surveys but say nothing about anything else. Will ALL Virtual Console/WiiWare games released after 12/2008 send you surveys or just select ones?

I was under the impression that only nintendo made or published games were eligible , but that still seems kinda spotty.

One more thing , I know this was brought up in the previous thread (because I was part of that conversation) but I'd liked to be reminded again. The ONLY way to be able to get multiple different elite account rewards is to have multiple "unique" accounts for a single household. Child accounts attached to a parent account will not be eligible correct?

For the last question on the Club Nintendo survey about what prizes you want to see I put unreleased games that have English translations like Disaster and Trace Memory 2 as prizes. Hopefully enough people suggest it that Nintendo decides to do a limited print run for Club Nintendo.

[quote name='Kaijufan']For the last question on the Club Nintendo survey about what prizes you want to see I put unreleased games that have English translations like Disaster and Trace Memory 2 as prizes. Hopefully enough people suggest it that Nintendo decides to do a limited print run for Club Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

I requested the same. If Trace Memory 2 appeared on Club Nintendo, I'd snap it up!

mooib.jpg

Go do it now. Happy 2010! :D

Sorry, I just felt a big banner might make people want to do it more op XD

hmm I never had a chance (well I tried but the site was down when this started) to register for Club Nintendo. Do I have to reregister or something if I had a MyNintendo or whatever it was account?

also what is this platinum status I hear off. is it worth it for me to signup now or wait until the new year?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hmm I never had a chance (well I tried but the site was down when this started) to register for Club Nintendo. Do I have to reregister or something if I had a MyNintendo or whatever it was account?

also what is this platinum status I hear off. is it worth it for me to signup now or wait until the new year?[/QUOTE]

To activate your Club Nintendo account, you need only to log in to the Club Nintendo part of the Nintendo site using your own My Nintendo login. Any games you had registered ages ago are still there, I believe, but only certain games give you points.

For Club Nintendo, you have account levels, and Platinum is the highest. When you reach 600 points (pretty sure that's the right number, but someone feel free to verify) you reach Platinum level and are thus able to receive the Platinum level prizes given out at the end of the Club Nintendo year. Last year's prizes, which we all received shortly before Halloween, were Mario hat's for the Platinum members and Animal Crossing calendars for the lower level, Gold members.

The thing I'm quickly learning about Club Nintendo is that unless you tend to buy first-party Nintendo games in significant quantity, you won't reach Platinum membership. I've had enough games I've registered in the past to earn me 2 years of Platinum membership, fairly easily, but I think I may be lucky to reach Gold next year. I just don't play enough first-party games of Ninty's.

[quote name='Law_Professor']Where is the thread to trade Club points? I can't find it... Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think it's on the buy / sell / trade forum, but since you mention it, I've wondered about that topic, how / why do people end up with extra registration codes to trade, without stealing them out of display cases at stores? I can see maybe once in a while buying multiple copies of a DS game for multiplayer, or maybe breaking / losing / trading in a Wii game and then buying anotuer copy, but those seem like they should be infrequent exceptions at the most.

thanks utopian

so I guess coins can stack for membership (i.e. 1200 points auto qualifies you for 2 years of platinum status)? if so I'll start next week when I have time and enter lots of codes (hopefully for coins)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']thanks utopian

so I guess coins can stack for membership (i.e. 1200 points auto qualifies you for 2 years of platinum status)? if so I'll start next week when I have time and enter lots of codes (hopefully for coins)[/QUOTE]

That's not what she was saying at all, so if you haven't started yet, don't add more than enough to get you to platinum status.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']thanks utopian

so I guess coins can stack for membership (i.e. 1200 points auto qualifies you for 2 years of platinum status)? if so I'll start next week when I have time and enter lots of codes (hopefully for coins)[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you smoking? ....

I've been sitting on my coins forever hoping that some new rewards would come along, but at this point I've given up hope that we'll see anything new anytime soon, so I finally buckled and ordered the Game & Watch collection. After that & the bonus survey I still have 1120 coins, and hopefully any cool stuff in the future won't cost much more than 1000 anyway.

I don't think anything will cost more than 800 coins. I know that the Japanese Club Nintendo hasn't had any items over 800 coins.

I hope we can get some good and unique prizes up ins this soon.
Like.. a special edition Wii Remote/nunchuck combo or something neat like that :lol:

A black zapper or wheel. Just soooomething

Black Zapper with "Zelda's Crossbow Training". It's the same thing as Link's Crossbow Training, but you now play as Zelda. You also fire light arrows instead of those cheap wooden ones Link used.

Or Mother 3 as a download for VC. But that'd be too good.

One more thing I'd like: I'd like for them to announce the prizes BEFORE the year ends up. So those of us who are on the fence points-wise can decide whether or not the Platinum prize(s) is better than the Gold prize.

One more thing I'd like: I'd like for them to announce the prizes BEFORE the year ends up. So those of us who are on the fence points-wise can decide whether or not the Platinum prize(s) is better than the Gold prize.

Oh you kidder.

[quote name='KingBroly']One more thing I'd like: I'd like for them to announce the prizes BEFORE the year ends up. So those of us who are on the fence points-wise can decide whether or not the Platinum prize(s) is better than the Gold prize.[/QUOTE]

If Japan is any indication, the platinum reward is always going to be a calendar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back