(Sale has ended) 50 Cent, Warhammer (360) $10 and More at Newegg 72 Hour Winter Sale

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
DEAD! Sale has ended!

[img-r=4823]3555[/img-r]Free shipping on all sale items:

:360: Clive Barker's Jericho $7.99
:360: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand $9.99
:360: Warhammer $9.99
:360: EA Rock Band Wireless Guitar $19.99
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter $79.99
:ps3: 007: Quantum of Solace $9.99
:ps3: Tomb Raider: Underworld $12.99
:ps3: Lair $14.99
:wii: dreamGEAR 10-In-1 Player's Kit for Wii $29.99
:wii: dreamGEAR Players Kit 11 In 1 Bundle Pack for Wii $34.99

newegg.gif
Newegg 72 Hour Winter Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Shit, $10 maybe the right price for 50 Cent. Heard it was actually good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered two. I'm hoping to play it with a friend over the winter break.

I paid 15 for 50 cent back when Target clearanced it out.

It's actually pretty damn awesome. Completely fucking ridiculous. It has a cool The Club style multiplier system too, and it rewards you for calling people muthafuckas.

And you can buy new profanity. It's completely gonzo.

50 Cent is pretty damn hilarious. Definitely put a couple thoughts behind grabbing two as co-op is the best way to play.

I can't believe they're still charging $15 for Lair though, that's at least $40 more than I'd spend on it.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']How is LAIR post-analog controls? Is it worth the $15?[/QUOTE]I can't recommend it at any price.

EDIT: I can recommend 50 cent though...it's a very fun shooter. Quality.

[quote name='CheapyD']I can't recommend it at any price.[/QUOTE]

Oy, when the head Cheapy weighs in... Ugh, what a fiasco. Maybe they charge $15 because lessons learned from failure can be valuable?

[quote name='CheapyD']I can't recommend it at any price.

EDIT: I can recommend 50 cent though...it's a very fun shooter. Quality.[/QUOTE]Wowzers... that's $15 that stays in my pocket then.

And yes, Blood on the Sand is actually very good. Only thing that might turn you off is you hate 50 cent or something.

Wow, I thought you were all smoking something or on the take from fiddy but I read/watched some reviews and... I guess you're all smoking the same thing. Who knew? I hope I didn't pass this up at Target for $7.48 or somethinig because I completely ignored it until now...

I have Lair and want to try it out some time, but you couldn't pay me to play 50 Cent. They had tons of them at one HWV I went to last week for their $4.99 sale - all near mint too.

I probably would have bought Tomb Raider Underworld but I rented and beat the 360 version long ago - no compelling reason to play it again when I have so many other games to play.

[quote name='io']I have Lair and want to try it out some time, but you couldn't pay me to play 50 Cent. They had tons of them at one HWV I went to last week for their $4.99 sale - all near mint too.

I probably would have bought Tomb Raider Underworld but I rented and beat the 360 version long ago - no compelling reason to play it again when I have so many other games to play.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to play 50 cent because it's bad or because it's 50 cent?

I highly recommend 50 Cent if you're lookin' for a good 3rd person shooter. The only thing it's lackin' IMO is different types of boss battles.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Don't want to play 50 cent because it's bad or because it's 50 cent?[/QUOTE]

I'm not a shooter fan and the premise sounds ridiculous. I've never played either game (50 Cent or Lair). But I'm certainly more inclined to try Lair. There are others (ahem-Cheapy-ahem) that can't get enough of every shooter out there and have a higher tolerance for this kind of stuff ;).

Anyway, I really just commented on here so I can keep tabs on other things they may add to the sale - there's nothing for me yet. But for $10 if it is a genre you like and the game isn't totally broken, then go for it!

Warhammer is worth it for $10 if you don't mind learning a good but very unusual control scheme. Graphics aren't that hot either, but very fun game.

[quote name='io']I'm not a shooter fan and the premise sounds ridiculous. I've never played either game (50 Cent or Lair). But I'm certainly more inclined to try Lair. There are others (ahem-Cheapy-ahem) that can't get enough of every shooter out there and have a higher tolerance for this kind of stuff ;).

Anyway, I really just commented on here so I can keep tabs on other things they may add to the sale - there's nothing for me yet. But for $10 if it is a genre you like and the game isn't totally broken, then go for it![/QUOTE]
But shooting and blowing..stuff is fun :cry:

[quote name='cRodz']But shooting and blowing..stuff is fun :cry:[/QUOTE]

You may want to edit that a bit ;).

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']How is LAIR post-analog controls? Is it worth the $15?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Is lair good for $15?[/QUOTE]

Post-patch, Yes.

Don't believe the internet mob mentality in which when the Alpha dog says one game sucks all the inferior breeds follow suit. It's a pretty but mediocre game worth about $15.

I could facepalm 90% of the posters here now so excited about fiddy when their old posts pretty much lambasted the title.

Is Tomb Raider worth $13? I keep hearin' that's it average at best, but it looks fun to me. Haven't had a Tomb Raider game since PS1.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I'm so tempted to buy LAIR for PS3, but reviews for the game are yuck![/QUOTE]

Don't waste your time. Everything else on the list is better.

Damn, I JUST bought 50 Cent from Newegg for $14.99 on 11/25. I haven't even received it yet and it's already on sale for $5 cheaper. According to Newegg's FAQ they do not have any price guarantee. :( Oh well.

[quote name='THHG']Damn, I JUST bought 50 Cent from Newegg for $14.99 on 11/25. I haven't even received it yet and it's already on sale for $5 cheaper. According to Newegg's FAQ they do not have any price guarantee. :( Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Shoot newegg a email and explain - I bought my wife a Refurb Zune on Black Friday for $89 and it dropped to $68 the same day - Newegg gave me a refund for the difference.

Also, I snagged two copies of 50Cent - one for me and one for an Xmas gift for dad (He loved Scarface on Xbox...)

Sweet. I been waiting for a drop like this. I liked the 50 cent game. If you are fan then (which I'm not really) there are tons of music videos and stuff that are unlockables which is cool. I rented it for a weekend and beat it once.

Looks like Street Fighter IV Collector Edition Xbox 360 is $49.99 today on NewEgg. Is this edition worth the extra $$$ seeing the great deals on the game alone this week

[quote name='earvcunanan']Whenever some of you CAGs get the 360 version in the mail, add me on XBL so we can co-op. =D[/QUOTE]

I am down, hit me up as well.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Dammit, I just bought that headset for 30 dollars. Does anyone know if they have price guarantees?[/QUOTE]

Just for inquiring minds, I contacted support and they said they normally don't but they would this time (Likely because I've spent quite a pretty penny at Newegg)

[quote name='NovaKane']Is Tomb Raider worth $13? I keep hearin' that's it average at best, but it looks fun to me. Haven't had a Tomb Raider game since PS1.[/QUOTE]

Ended up gettin' it lol.

bread's done
Back